X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TigerJ
    • Jul 2002

An Attempt at an Objective Reaction

No, I didn't like a lot of things the Bills did in the game. They did a few good things. Here's a few reactions I had, trying to steer between "The sky is falling" and "Don't worry, everything will be all right."

1. The Saints exposed the youth of the offensive line. Wood had a couple of penalties and may have killed at least one drive. Bell had problems. NO got a lot of pressure

2. Trent look a little like the preseason Trent at times, but not all the time.

3. Kudos to Bobby April on the fake field goal attempt, but his special teams units have had a lot of problems this year. Too many punt returns are being called back for penalties. The muffed punt essentially gave back what Buffalo gained on the fake field goal. What happened to the usual discipline we've come to expect from the special team units.

4. Overall, the defense earns pretty good marks for keeping NO's offensive production out of the stratasphere. They definitely broke down in the second half though. Some of NO's late offensive production might be attributed to being worn down, but Pierre Thomas was ripping them appart before the defense could legitimately use the fatigue excuse.

New Orleans strikes me as a good strong team. Their offense has gotten most of the recognition to this point in the season, but I think part of the Bills' offensive woes today was due to the strong play of the NO defense, especially their line and their DBs. They have a number of high draft picks on the line and looked like it today. Buffalo looked like they are young and can get rattled if things don't go their way, but I don't know that the difference between these two teams is as great as the score indicates. If Buffalo fixes several little things, they make much more of a game of it. I win was not impossible. I think Buffalo will give Miami much more of a game next week than they gave NO today.
    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.
  • shelby
    The Vanilla admin
    • Jul 2002

Re: An Attempt at an Objective Reaction

Thanks Tiger.

Bell has been atrocious with penalties thus far this season.

Trent did not impress me today.

i love Freddy Jax.

Comment

• Captain gameboy
      • Jul 2002

I agree.
      But, I am tired of not reacting successfully.

NO's offense was overrated.

NO's defense is nothing special.

We need to respond better to a neutral game, which it was in the first half.

We didn't.

We got outcoached and outplayed in the second half, and it is time that our staff wins over the other staff, just as we ask our right guard to win against their tackle, or any other matchup.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
        • Mar 2005

Great post!!

The special teams are not special and thanks for finally pointing it out!!

The o-line got abused today.

Edwards might be trying too hard to find players deep. Edwards needs to just play his game and get rid of the ball. If the guy is open underneath than just take the play. Pennington went 11-5 playing that way and Edwards has the potential to be alot better QB.

Comment

• colin
          Drew's my hero!
          • Jul 2002

good post.

i will say -- the injuries are KILLING US. we were thing to start at the OL, now we are mega thin, and that along with a hurt C leaves our rooks exposed.

Comment

• ddaryl
            Everything I post is sexual inuendo
            • Jan 2005

Originally posted by shelby
            Bell has been atrocious with penalties thus far this season.

Trent did not impress me today.

Bell had only 1 penalty that I remember. It was Wood who had at least 3....

Trent didn't impress me either

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
              Defies all logic
              • Oct 2006

Welcome back, Aaron Schobel?? He was by far our best player on the field today.

Comment

• TigerJ
                • Jul 2002

Schobel had an excellent game.
                I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• SeatownBillsFan21
                  • Mar 2004

Hes had 2 out 3 good if not great games. the problem was not our D it was the O from the play calling to the OL to the QB it was all that bad today. this O let down our D and we were in the game till half way through the 4th when if went bad but our D gave the O plenty of chances to win and that is where this team is having trouble is the O as a whole Players to coaching the whole thing stinks.

Comment

• Oaf
                    Do you read what you write?
                    • Jun 2007

I think the D again did everything asked for and MORE. I think it was one turnover, one 4th down stop, and one FG-turned-punt they had? They definitely get a pass in my book for finally springing a leak the last few minutes.

Comment

Working...
                    X