PDA

View Full Version : No Kidding

PECKERWOOD
09-27-2009, 08:47 PM
We lost to the Saints, there is a good chance they'll be representing the NFC in the Super Bowl. I don't think that the Bills are that bad, the Saints are just THAT good.

HHURRICANE
09-27-2009, 08:49 PM
We lost to the Saints, there is a good chance they'll be representing the NFC in the Super Bowl. I don't think that the Bills are that bad, the Saints are just THAT good.

I actually agree here. I'm not sure what people were expecting. I guaranteed a loss.

The Bills have alot of growing up to do.

MikeInRoch
09-27-2009, 08:51 PM
I think they were hoping for a point from the offense somewhere...

I don't fault them for losing, really - but I do fault them for such things as not going for that 4th and 1...

Novacane
They're a great offensive team. They are not a good defensive team but the Bills made them look like one. Our offense SUCKS

BlackMetalNinja
I think it's a healthy combination of both. Yes the Saints are quite good, and we looked good defensively holding them for basically 3 quarters. However, they exploited how really not good our offense can be with relative ease. I expected the game to be a loss, but I'm not going to chalk up how inept our offense looked just because it was "the Saints".

ddaryl
09-27-2009, 08:53 PM
Our D was stopping them cold for most of 3 quarters...

Our O didn't put a single point up...

I think we beat ourselves yet again.. and this is a characteristic of Jauwrong... We beat ourselves against NE, and we kept TB in the game last week.

Our D is looking strong for the most part, but our O just isn't clicking as well as it should with TO and Evans.

PECKERWOOD
09-27-2009, 08:53 PM
Their defense has a fair amount of talent too, if you take an objective look at them. Sedrick Ellis, Will Smith, Charles Grant, Jonathan Vilma, Jabari Greer, Malcolm Jenkins, Roman Harper, Randall Gay. They've got some gamers on defense too.

VeggieMan14
09-27-2009, 09:19 PM
i dont know that it is the fact that we lost rather than the fact that we were losing by 10 with 8 minutes left and a 4th and 1 then ended up getting blown out

Goobylal
09-27-2009, 09:22 PM
Their defense isn't nearly as good as it looked today. And it was their defense that kept them an 8-8 club last year.

And they won't even make it past the divisional round. The Giants and Vikes will be representing the NFC in the CG.

psubills62
09-27-2009, 09:23 PM
The problem for me is that the offense had a good gameplan in Week 1, decent gameplan in Week 2, and horrid gameplan in Week 3. After showing promise, this offense just looks like the crap it has always been for years.

It's a bit of a warning bell going off that they can't seem to consistently get the ball to Evans and Owens. These guys aren't here just to keep coverage off of our TE's and RB's...there here to be used as weapons.

Goobylal
09-27-2009, 09:26 PM
Why no screens, reverses, slants, maybe a flea-flicker?

VeggieMan14
09-27-2009, 09:27 PM
Why no screens, reverses, slants, maybe a flea-flicker? that is what i have been asking a lot to myself... Why no screens? they play 10 yards off T.O GET HIM THE BALL

OpIv37
09-27-2009, 09:29 PM

We scored 7 points, and it wasn't even on offense. It was on S/T. The offense got SHUT OUT. Make no mistake about it, we really are that bad (at least on O- the D got shredded in garbage time after being on the field too long, so it's not as bad as it looks).

To put things in perspective, the Sabres scored 7 goals against the Leafs. You know you live in Buffalo when the hockey team can outscore the football team.

justasportsfan
09-27-2009, 09:30 PM
their offense is that good but their D isn't and we couldn't do any better than Kolb who torched the saints D and they didn't have an Evans and TO combination.

PECKERWOOD
09-27-2009, 09:32 PM
We scored 7 points, and it wasn't even on offense. It was on S/T. The offense got SHUT OUT. Make no mistake about it, we really are that bad (at least on O- the D got shredded in garbage time after being on the field too long, so it's not as bad as it looks).

To put things in perspective, the Sabres scored 7 goals against the Leafs. You know you live in Buffalo when the hockey team can outscore the football team.

Hehe, that made me laugh a bit, pretty funny.

I still don't think we're an awful team, the season isn't over yet. Keep our composure, lick our wounds and get ready for next week's game, we still have a very capable team.

Nighthawk
09-27-2009, 09:35 PM
Everybody expected a loss, but you don't expect your team to look inept while doing it. The excuses being made for this team every time they lose...are laughable.

OpIv37
09-27-2009, 09:36 PM

I still don't think we're an awful team, the season isn't over yet. Keep our composure, lick our wounds and get ready for next week's game, we still have a very capable team.

it's a non conference loss so it's not the end of the world, but there are two things that really concern me:
1. the COMPLETE lack of production on the offensive side of the ball.
2. Falling behind our division opponents. We are now two games behind the Jets and a game and a tiebreaker behind NE, and it's only been 3 weeks!

Ginger Vitis
09-27-2009, 09:42 PM

we still have a very capable team.

Yes.. Down the road the Bills do have a few opponents who are currently 0-3.. it's very realistic they will finish 7-9