PDA

View Full Version : Stop this pathetic T.O. lovefest

G Wolly
09-27-2009, 09:50 PM
First off, I'm not a skeptic to his spot here, but he hasn't done anything productive as of now. I'm not throwing away my optimism for what he can bring us, I just hate seeing the lovefest for him.

Every where you look, bodys painted to say "TO 81", signs saying "I got my popcorn ready", t-shirts, jerseys, chants, cereal, constant whining about the ball not going his way.

After every play today in the stands I swear I heard several people say "throw it to TO"

What happens when we DO throw it his way? Dropped. No look. Out of bounds.

This is making our fans look like a joke thinking that one man will come in and be our savior when he has more dropped passes in one game than catches he has in 3.

It's the 3rd week. No production. and STILL the majority of fans sitting in those seats are gaga over an invisible WR.

I'm all for T.O. support, but wait for the guy to actually DO something before you :drool: all over him.

Goobylal
09-27-2009, 09:50 PM
TO's done enough in his career to warrant the adulation. Trent however, has done nothing. And until proven otherwise, the offense's failing are on the shoulders of Trent.

Nighthawk
09-27-2009, 09:54 PM
Umm, have you seen his career prior to coming to Buffalo? I don't think T.O. has to prove anything, I think the Bills have to prove they know how to utilize such a talent!

G Wolly
09-27-2009, 09:55 PM
Point well taken and I'm still excited to have a receiver of his experience here. But just because of what he HAS done, doesn't show what can or will be done.

And I agree that without the right delivery his role won't be as effective.

billser
09-27-2009, 10:08 PM
I dont understand it...All the guy does is drop passes. If he didnt complain so much, he wouldnt get the ball so much. Yes, he has great numbers but its only because he complains and gets ball thrown his way more because of it....you want numbers I care about?...0 championships and 3 teams that have kicked him off. He came to Buffalo out of necessity not becasue he wanted to come here. Week 3 and more than a hand full of plays he hasnt made.

Hemlepp53
09-27-2009, 10:16 PM
TO didnt TO miss critical playing time with the team in the pre season. Not making encuses but come on. As of this week he would have the same number of starts with the starting Offense. The timing isnt there... It is not TO it is the entire QB to WR workings. I think it will inprove as the season continues. Trent needs to throw deep and be acurate with his passes. TO has most sucess on the deep ball or in Red Zone situations. We need to be able to get there consistantly and things will fall into place. I think TO brings a lot to the team and Trent needs to know how to drive the car he ahs been given the keys too.... He has a Corvette and operates like its a Dump Truck... We have the tools and the talent... Give it time.... It will happen...

billser
09-27-2009, 10:22 PM
I will tell you exactly what will happen now. He will complain, and already has. They will FORCE balls to him because they have to, hes "TO". Out of the many balls forced his way, he will catch one or two for big plays and put up big numbers. In the meantime, the team will suffer as a result of having to force balls his way. Go talk to any 49er, Eagles, or Dallas fan. Heres an idea: catch deal ball last game for TD, make a play on that underthrown pass this week, keep feet in on that pass to outside today, dont drop a handful of balls through 3 games.

raphael120
09-27-2009, 10:35 PM
Dude I'm sorry but before you knock on T.O....what has Lee Evans done thus far? And he and Edwards have had over a year to get their **** together. Im sorry, but Im siding with T.O. with this one. Edwards hasn't proven he can get the ball to his playmakers. My proof?

Look at Evans' stats last year. How many games were Evans held without a reception? Guess what, it's not T.O. It's definitely an Edwards problem.

ddaryl
09-27-2009, 10:42 PM
Evans hasn't done much either...

so we have to very talented WR's and neither of them are havnig much of an impact on this team..

strange isn't it ?

Mahdi
09-27-2009, 11:00 PM
First off, I'm not a skeptic to his spot here, but he hasn't done anything productive as of now. I'm not throwing away my optimism for what he can bring us, I just hate seeing the lovefest for him.

Every where you look, bodys painted to say "TO 81", signs saying "I got my popcorn ready", t-shirts, jerseys, chants, cereal, constant whining about the ball not going his way.

After every play today in the stands I swear I heard several people say "throw it to TO"

What happens when we DO throw it his way? Dropped. No look. Out of bounds.

This is making our fans look like a joke thinking that one man will come in and be our savior when he has more dropped passes in one game than catches he has in 3.

It's the 3rd week. No production. and STILL the majority of fans sitting in those seats are gaga over an invisible WR.

I'm all for T.O. support, but wait for the guy to actually DO something before you :drool: all over him.
r u serious?

What is TO supposed to do exactly? Throw the ball then catch it himself?

mysticsoto
09-27-2009, 11:35 PM
Yes, TO drops a few every now and then, but he also gets open like he did on the Edwards overthrow. Had Edward thrown a better ball, TO had a TD.

But it's more than just that blown opportunity...Edwards (and AVP?) first look for the run or the little dink throws. Everything is based on that. And even when TO or Evans finally gets a man to man coverage scenario, Trent just isn't looking for them!!! TO was a good foot taller than the man covering him and Trent never threw him a jump ball to the sideline or anything remotely close.

The blame squarely falls on Trent's shoulder and even AVP should get some blame for not working our two outstanding receivers more in the game plan.

billser
09-28-2009, 01:05 AM
Dude I'm sorry but before you knock on T.O....what has Lee Evans done thus far? And he and Edwards have had over a year to get their **** together. Im sorry, but Im siding with T.O. with this one. Edwards hasn't proven he can get the ball to his playmakers. My proof?

Look at Evans' stats last year. How many games were Evans held without a reception? Guess what, it's not T.O. It's definitely an Edwards problem.

Ill tell you one thing, he hasnt had a handful of drops. If Evans had a gripe with the offense, it would be more understandable because at least hes caught the ones that came his way. TO has dropped a number of crucial passes including a long TD.

You and I both know Lee hasnt had help in B-lo before and his stats have suffered.

All I know is, Josh Reed and Lee Evans both made tough catches today that the great TO wouldnt have made.

TacklingDummy
09-28-2009, 05:36 AM
I wonder if TO would have dropped that long pass where he was wide open but over thrown.

Michael82
09-28-2009, 04:05 PM
I'm sorry, but it's the front office's fault. They are the one that spent $6.5 million to bring a Superstar like Terrell Owens to Buffalo to bring some excitement to the fans. They are the ones that sold him to us and told us that he will be the key to help us get to the playoffs. They are the ones who got us excited about having two key weapons on offense and a no huddle style offense that would be high powered and exciting to watch. It's not our fault...it's Russ Brandon's! :mad:

sdbillsfan2
09-28-2009, 05:29 PM
I'm sorry, but it's the front office's fault. They are the one that spent $6.5 million to bring a Superstar like Terrell Owens to Buffalo to bring some excitement to the fans. They are the ones that sold him to us and told us that he will be the key to help us get to the playoffs. They are the ones who got us excited about having two key weapons on offense and a no huddle style offense that would be high powered and exciting to watch. It's not our fault...it's Russ Brandon's! :mad:

They achieved their objective. they sold more seasons tickets!

Michael82
09-28-2009, 05:56 PM
They achieved their objective. they sold more seasons tickets!
I wonder how many games would have been blacked out if we only signed Coles or no one at all.... :ill: