PDA

View Full Version : Ive said it for years now, we lack the big playmakers

X-Era
09-28-2009, 06:17 AM
We were in this game for much of it. But the team gave up. They had chances but just gave up.

And at the Vikings presser, Favre says, "I told the guys, were still in it, so keep fighting".

And thats what a proven playmaking vet can add to your team. The right mindset, a never say die approach. Proven playmakers can make all the difference. No, I dont want Favre, I never did. But when he speaks and when he tries to convince players that they are still in it, the players listen. Dont hijack this and make it about Favre.

Its another way that the FO fails us. The rely too heavily on the draft, wont pull a big trade for a star (outside of Stroud), and wont sign a star in FA.

Well, when your team is so young, when none of them are proven winners, you dont know how to win.

TO? You all know that TO wont be a verbal leader that we need. He cant be because of his reputation throughout the league. He can help. But he cant do enough.

Our HC? Yeah, It would be nice to have one that has won a SB before so that the team an truly believe in him. Instead we have a guy with a losing record. And we probably will replace him with some coordinator who has never won anything as a HC either... so no you wont get a win from a guy like that, he cant convince the players to fight and get a win.

When this team adds a few proven playmakers who know how to win, we will win games like this. I know there was a slew of other reasons, but that stuff will happen. And good teams, with playmakers, will still squeak out a win.

Jan Reimers
09-28-2009, 06:52 AM
You're right. We have Timid Trent at QB. Thus, our playmakers never get a chance to make a play.

ddaryl
09-28-2009, 07:32 AM
You're right. We have Timid Trent at QB. Thus, our playmakers never get a chance to make a play.

They're going to have make some serious efforts to change this. This team will never be a playoff contender let alone SB contender if we can't get the ball to our supposed playmakers

Jan Reimers
09-28-2009, 07:35 AM
They're going to have make some serious efforts to change this. This team will never be a playoff contender let alone SB contender if we can't get the ball to our supposed playmakers
Unfortunately, Trent thinks safe, underneath, dumpoff plays first.

HHURRICANE
09-28-2009, 07:36 AM

We had decent pass protection last year. We decided to bring in TO and than get rid of the pass protection.

What do you expect? You have to watch the other games to appreciate how well Edwards is doing based on the crap o-line he has right now.

He missed a throw for sure yesterday to Owens but with the exception of that I didn't see a ton of time out there.

DraftBoy
09-28-2009, 07:49 AM
We had decent pass protection last year. We decided to bring in TO and than get rid of the pass protection.

What do you expect? You have to watch the other games to appreciate how well Edwards is doing based on the crap o-line he has right now.

He missed a throw for sure yesterday to Owens but with the exception of that I didn't see a ton of time out there.

He had 3-4 seconds a good bit, that's all you get in the NFL.

His protection wasn't great, but he has to learn pocket mobility that good QB's know to buy that extra second and get away from the pressure.

HHURRICANE
09-28-2009, 07:51 AM
He had 3-4 seconds a good bit, that's all you get in the NFL.

His protection wasn't great, but he has to learn pocket mobility that good QB's know to buy that extra second and get away from the pressure.

The guy moves in the pocket. He's not having time to set. Rewatch the game. It's not like the guy threw 3 picks yesterday.

Tatonka
09-28-2009, 08:00 AM
protection is not the issue.. trent has to throw the ball.. he looks like rob johnson but with no balls.

Thurmal
09-28-2009, 08:13 AM
No playmakers?

Owens
Evans
Jackson
Lynch

There's four players right there on offense that are, at the very least, in the top half of the league at their respective positions.

Luisito23
09-28-2009, 08:29 AM
We need a real quarterback, that's the problem.

TacklingDummy
09-28-2009, 09:10 AM
And the Bills QB of the defense, Donte Whitner, blows. He's made his big plays against Tampa. He's now done for the year.

justasportsfan
09-28-2009, 09:12 AM

keep on lickin.

DraftBoy
09-28-2009, 10:33 AM
The guy moves in the pocket. He's not having time to set. Rewatch the game. It's not like the guy threw 3 picks yesterday.

Moving in the pocket is not what Im talking about. He has to buy time and feel pressure, he's not doing that. And he's having plenty of time to set, he's not setting up.

I think you need to rewatch the game, then watch the way Peyton, Brady, McNabb, Big Ben, Eli, Brees, and others move around the pocket to buy the time they need to get the ball down the field.

PECKERWOOD
09-28-2009, 12:53 PM
Josh Reed needs to do a better job getting open, he's had man coverage on him the whole year, yet he has not made any significant plays. I mean COME ON, you've got TO and Lee Evans on either side of you, GET OPEN!!!!!!!!

justasportsfan
09-28-2009, 12:59 PM
our biggest non playmaker is out QB. If he just throws it , thats when the playmakes start appearing.