Easy Question of the Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

Easy Question of the Week

How did TO have at least one reception in 185 straight games?

Easy Answer: He didn't have Timid Trent throwing him the ball.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?
  • chernobylwraiths
    • Jan 2003

Re: Easy Question of the Week

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
    How did TO have at least one reception in 185 straight games?

Easy Answer: He didn't have Timid Trent throwing him the ball.
    He should have caught the two that were in his hands. Both would have been nice catches, but they weren't that difficult, especially for a guy of his talent.

I don't mind Trent. I don't think he will be great by any means, but he isn't the problem, or at least the biggest problem. For a lot of what I saw of the game, he wasn't getting a whole lot of time to throw.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
      • May 2003

Trent is definitely a large part of the problem. I cannot understand why Evans and Owens are covered virtually all of the time when Trent is at QB. The O-line showed its inexperience, and Hangartner's snaps were frightening, but when a QB leads an offense to zero points, he must share a good part of the blame.

I really think Trent looks underneath first, and is just too timid to throw it downfield. This team doesn't have enough overall talent to live with a QB who plays not to lose.
      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths
        He should have caught the two that were in his hands. Both would have been nice catches, but they weren't that difficult, especially for a guy of his talent.

I don't mind Trent. I don't think he will be great by any means, but he isn't the problem, or at least the biggest problem. For a lot of what I saw of the game, he wasn't getting a whole lot of time to throw.
        This is my first post really since the game yesterday I must say I dont understand the mentality here. TO was thrown at 5 times and only two passes he got his hands on but no passes were actually on target. Its nice to have a WR who can make those catches consistently but in the NFL that means making 1 out of 3 of those kind of catches not everyone. We should be asking our QB to make more accurate throws to his WR's so they don't have to make the nice catch just to bring the ball in.

That being said TO is going to explode soon imo, and I dont think it will be completely justified. In the routes I saw where he got open he did not work back to his QB at times and that's just laziness. He has to work harder till the whistle not just run deep and throw his hands up.

Finally I dont get why AVP doesnt know how to call a drag for either TO or Evans. They are underneath so they fit what Trent likes to throw, TO has thrived off of them for years and they can take a 3 yard route and make it go for 30.
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• HHURRICANE
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy
          This is my first post really since the game yesterday I must say I dont understand the mentality here. TO was thrown at 5 times and only two passes he got his hands on but no passes were actually on target. Its nice to have a WR who can make those catches consistently but in the NFL that means making 1 out of 3 of those kind of catches not everyone. We should be asking our QB to make more accurate throws to his WR's so they don't have to make the nice catch just to bring the ball in.
          You guys want Trent to throw more balls that the WRs can fight for but these guys can't catch balls that hit them in the hands. Okay.

If you think accuracy is Edwards problem than you need to watch more games.

Comment

• mybills
            81 st zoner
            • Jul 2002

When you over throw the ball, you are not throwing it accurately.
            I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
              I really think Trent looks underneath first, and is just too timid to throw it downfield. .
              I disagree . He pretends to look deep first
              sacrifice1
              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                You guys want Trent to throw more balls that the WRs can fight for but these guys can't catch balls that hit them in the hands. Okay.

If you think accuracy is Edwards problem than you need to watch more games.
                Did I say that first part anywhere in my post? You're pulling things out of thin air. And yes accuracy is an issue if your best WR has to make a nice catch just to get a friggin catch. When did we stop expecting our QB's to deliver passes on the numbers?
                COMING SOON...

Comment

• madness
                  • Apr 2003

How can you be accurate when pressure is coming before you finish your three step drop?

The answer is more shotgun...unless of course, you're picking up the snap off the ground almost every time.

Absolute terrible performance by the whole offense. No blame cards and no passes. They simply need to execute better.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by madness
                    How can you be accurate when pressure is coming before you finish your three step drop?

The answer is more shotgun...unless of course, you're picking up the snap off the ground almost every time.

Absolute terrible performance by the whole offense. No blame cards and no passes. They simply need to execute better.
                    He finished his drop more often then he didnt, and if the pressure is coming like it was at times on Sunday that on the OC to call roll outs, move the pocket, and do something to get them off his ass. Like you said its a whole fail on the entire offense and offensive staff.
                    COMING SOON...

Comment

• bigbub2352
                      • Feb 2005

Trent goes to his check downs way to fast,
                      partly because he has never really had good pass protection and partly cause he is timid on pulling the trigger
                      Trent has taken ALOT of hits with our shoddy OLine play in the last 3 yrs
                      and its taking it tole on him
                      that being said
                      we have no creativity on Offense i dont understand it
                      thought it was Turk now AVP
                      was it losman was it trent?
                      man we suck
                      XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

doubt , lack of condfidence in self/wr's and being more comfortable with short passes can cause a qb to miss his targets. Trent can sure hit his favorite targer, Josh reed but thats because Reed is running short routes.

Brees throws the ball to his wr's before the wr's even turns to see where the ball is. A lot of timing routes. Just like Manning.

We don't have that in Trent. Trent waits for the wr to look at him and waits til the wr is open and pretty much waiving his hands.
                        Last edited by justasportsfan; 09-28-2009, 11:02 AM.
                        sacrifice1
                        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
                        X