PDA

View Full Version : Easy Question of the Week

Jan Reimers
09-28-2009, 06:50 AM
How did TO have at least one reception in 185 straight games?

Easy Answer: He didn't have Timid Trent throwing him the ball.

chernobylwraiths
09-28-2009, 06:54 AM
How did TO have at least one reception in 185 straight games?

Easy Answer: He didn't have Timid Trent throwing him the ball.

He should have caught the two that were in his hands. Both would have been nice catches, but they weren't that difficult, especially for a guy of his talent.

I don't mind Trent. I don't think he will be great by any means, but he isn't the problem, or at least the biggest problem. For a lot of what I saw of the game, he wasn't getting a whole lot of time to throw.

Jan Reimers
09-28-2009, 07:07 AM
Trent is definitely a large part of the problem. I cannot understand why Evans and Owens are covered virtually all of the time when Trent is at QB. The O-line showed its inexperience, and Hangartner's snaps were frightening, but when a QB leads an offense to zero points, he must share a good part of the blame.

I really think Trent looks underneath first, and is just too timid to throw it downfield. This team doesn't have enough overall talent to live with a QB who plays not to lose.

DraftBoy
09-28-2009, 07:48 AM
He should have caught the two that were in his hands. Both would have been nice catches, but they weren't that difficult, especially for a guy of his talent.

I don't mind Trent. I don't think he will be great by any means, but he isn't the problem, or at least the biggest problem. For a lot of what I saw of the game, he wasn't getting a whole lot of time to throw.

This is my first post really since the game yesterday I must say I dont understand the mentality here. TO was thrown at 5 times and only two passes he got his hands on but no passes were actually on target. Its nice to have a WR who can make those catches consistently but in the NFL that means making 1 out of 3 of those kind of catches not everyone. We should be asking our QB to make more accurate throws to his WR's so they don't have to make the nice catch just to bring the ball in.

That being said TO is going to explode soon imo, and I dont think it will be completely justified. In the routes I saw where he got open he did not work back to his QB at times and that's just laziness. He has to work harder till the whistle not just run deep and throw his hands up.

Finally I dont get why AVP doesnt know how to call a drag for either TO or Evans. They are underneath so they fit what Trent likes to throw, TO has thrived off of them for years and they can take a 3 yard route and make it go for 30.

HHURRICANE
09-28-2009, 07:54 AM
This is my first post really since the game yesterday I must say I dont understand the mentality here. TO was thrown at 5 times and only two passes he got his hands on but no passes were actually on target. Its nice to have a WR who can make those catches consistently but in the NFL that means making 1 out of 3 of those kind of catches not everyone. We should be asking our QB to make more accurate throws to his WR's so they don't have to make the nice catch just to bring the ball in.

You guys want Trent to throw more balls that the WRs can fight for but these guys can't catch balls that hit them in the hands. Okay.

If you think accuracy is Edwards problem than you need to watch more games.

mybills
09-28-2009, 10:05 AM
When you over throw the ball, you are not throwing it accurately.

justasportsfan
09-28-2009, 10:08 AM
I really think Trent looks underneath first, and is just too timid to throw it downfield. .
I disagree . He pretends to look deep first

DraftBoy
09-28-2009, 10:35 AM
You guys want Trent to throw more balls that the WRs can fight for but these guys can't catch balls that hit them in the hands. Okay.

If you think accuracy is Edwards problem than you need to watch more games.

Did I say that first part anywhere in my post? You're pulling things out of thin air. And yes accuracy is an issue if your best WR has to make a nice catch just to get a friggin catch. When did we stop expecting our QB's to deliver passes on the numbers?

madness
09-28-2009, 10:41 AM
How can you be accurate when pressure is coming before you finish your three step drop?

The answer is more shotgun...unless of course, you're picking up the snap off the ground almost every time. :doh:

Absolute terrible performance by the whole offense. No blame cards and no passes. They simply need to execute better.

DraftBoy
09-28-2009, 10:44 AM
How can you be accurate when pressure is coming before you finish your three step drop?

The answer is more shotgun...unless of course, you're picking up the snap off the ground almost every time. :doh:

Absolute terrible performance by the whole offense. No blame cards and no passes. They simply need to execute better.

He finished his drop more often then he didnt, and if the pressure is coming like it was at times on Sunday that on the OC to call roll outs, move the pocket, and do something to get them off his ass. Like you said its a whole fail on the entire offense and offensive staff.

bigbub2352
09-28-2009, 10:53 AM
Trent goes to his check downs way to fast,
partly because he has never really had good pass protection and partly cause he is timid on pulling the trigger
Trent has taken ALOT of hits with our shoddy OLine play in the last 3 yrs
and its taking it tole on him
that being said
we have no creativity on Offense i dont understand it
thought it was Turk now AVP
was it losman was it trent?
man we suck

justasportsfan
09-28-2009, 10:59 AM
doubt , lack of condfidence in self/wr's and being more comfortable with short passes can cause a qb to miss his targets. Trent can sure hit his favorite targer, Josh reed but thats because Reed is running short routes.

Brees throws the ball to his wr's before the wr's even turns to see where the ball is. A lot of timing routes. Just like Manning.

We don't have that in Trent. Trent waits for the wr to look at him and waits til the wr is open and pretty much waiving his hands.