PDA

View Full Version : You need to understand where it's broken and it's not at QB!!

HHURRICANE
09-28-2009, 07:30 AM
Classic Billszone after a loss. Understand why we lost the game yesterday:

1) Our offensive line is not good. Yes, they have the potential to be good down the road but they are not today and that's all that matters when you are trying to win a game today.

2) The deep ball doesn't exist when your o-line can't pass block. Watch the other games around the league or last night. Edwards does not have time to let Evans or Owens get open and all he can do is guess which means picks. Is that really what you want?

3) Instead of hammering Edwards to throw deep we should be coaching him to move the chains. Pennington did it all of last year and almost took a team to the Superbowl doing it. Young o-line means get rid of the ball quick. Period.

4) Our D is not good. We have no consistant pass rush when it counts, ur LBs are terrible, and for a team that loves DB/CB depth how do we let guys get that wide open on us?

5) The special teams are coached to make plays. They are not coached to prevent plays or limit mistakes. This philosophy works totally against what you need to do which is develop players that are disciplined and that can play on the D where it matters.

6) We have proven WHINERS instead of proven WINNERS. I'm sick of hearing how good we are when we are not.

7) The FO decided to go cheap and this is the result.

So before we blame everything on Edwards, who's playing better than Tom Brady so far, maybe we should realize that he plays behind a terrible o-line and has a brand new OC, as is missing his starting RB.

PS. Josh Reed gets so much crap on this site and he's just our best receiver.

ddaryl
09-28-2009, 07:35 AM
I agree that it doesn't all fall on trent... but he has to graduate from dink dunk captain checkdown mode...

It's up to the coaches to dictate this change, and it needs to come in the form of putting players in motion, and running more slants etc...

The OL isn't that bad. They we're solid in weeks 1 and 2, and struggled in week 3

Jan Reimers
09-28-2009, 07:38 AM
To blame everyone but Timid Trent smacks of the JP days. After awhile, you have to realize the kind of player you have at QB. In this case, it's one with no leadership and no guts.

HHURRICANE
09-28-2009, 07:40 AM
I agree that it doesn't all fall on trent... but he has to graduate from dink dunk captain checkdown mode...

It's up to the coaches to dictate this change, and it needs to come in the form of putting players in motion, and running more slants etc...

The OL isn't that bad. They we're solid in weeks 1 and 2, and struggled in week 3

I think the Bucs lost 24-0 yesterday. They suck. The Pats did not play well week 1 and you know it.

I'm not saying Edwards is perfect but as a starting QB I'll take him any day of the week.

This team needs to coach to our strengths instead of hanging on to what should work.

GreedoII
09-28-2009, 07:41 AM
It's really the coaching in my opinion. Philosophy is flawed and outdated. It's the little decisions that matter in the NFL with so much parity. Deferring to kick to the best offense in football is just plain dumb. You need to take it to them early. Take the ball and use the clock to your advantage. Dickless just gave up 7 pts by doing that. Punting on 4th and 1? Silly. You're down. You need to instill confidence in your layers. Make them feel you're not about to just roll over and die. Jauron is just that. A dead dog. You can win with young players. You see it everywhere but here. It's winning now in this league. You don't have time to wait 3-4 yrs for a plan to come together. This team is doing it backwards and they think it's the 80's and 90's still. It starts from the top. The owner hasn't a clue and living in the past as is his stupid coaches.

ddaryl
09-28-2009, 07:44 AM
I think the Bucs lost 24-0 yesterday. They suck. The Pats did not play well week 1 and you know it.

I'm not saying Edwards is perfect but as a starting QB I'll take him any day of the week.

This team needs to coach to our strengths instead of hanging on to what should work.

Still don't think our OL is as horrible as you mentioned... but time will definitely reveal this.

Coaching is still the common denominator to the reason we have failed to be bale to beat good teams since you know who has been here

HHURRICANE
09-28-2009, 07:44 AM
To blame everyone but Timid Trent smacks of the JP days. After awhile, you have to realize the kind of player you have at QB. In this case, it's one with no leadership and no guts.

This is isn't blind love here. Trent didn't play well either but a different QB wouldn't have changed a thing yesterday. We were losing no matter what and it wasn't because of QB. He threw one pick which was a deflection off of stump hands Owens.

Most teams would take Edwards in a heartbeat and tis is where you guys are missing the boat.

Kelly's first year here wasn't very good and he lit it up in the USFL for two years. You can only overcome so much on a bad team.

Edwards has to be careful because he can't rely on his o-line and he knows it.

HHURRICANE
09-28-2009, 07:47 AM
Still don't think our OL is as horrible as you mentioned... but time will definitely reveal this.

Coaching is still the common denominator to the reason we have failed to be bale to beat good teams since you know who has been here

One more time on this subject. The o-line has tons of potential. However, the reality is that we are trying to win today and potential isn't going to get it done.
Our o-line was overmatched by a good opponent and it showed yesterday.

HHURRICANE
09-28-2009, 07:49 AM
It's really the coaching in my opinion. Philosophy is flawed and outdated. It's the little decisions that matter in the NFL with so much parity. Deferring to kick to the best offense in football is just plain dumb. You need to take it to them early. Take the ball and use the clock to your advantage. Dickless just gave up 7 pts by doing that. Punting on 4th and 1? Silly. You're down. You need to instill confidence in your layers. Make them feel you're not about to just roll over and die. Jauron is just that. A dead dog. You can win with young players. You see it everywhere but here. It's winning now in this league. You don't have time to wait 3-4 yrs for a plan to come together. This team is doing it backwards and they think it's the 80's and 90's still. It starts from the top. The owner hasn't a clue and living in the past as is his stupid coaches.

Jauron coaches like he has a roster that can win 13 games so you hit it right on the head. He coaches with the percentages but when your team isn't that good you need to coach differently. Not putting the offense out there first was stupid.

ddaryl
09-28-2009, 07:52 AM
One more time on this subject. The o-line has tons of potential. However, the reality is that we are trying to win today and potential isn't going to get it done.
Our o-line was overmatched by a good opponent and it showed yesterday.

well I saw Trent have enough time to make throws most of the day, he didn't have all the time in the world, but I would put the blame more so on the coaching philosophy for not making the adjustments that could of made a difference.

None of our WR's motion, we already know there is a lack of slant patterns. Trent didn't throw too many if any 3 step quick passes... There are ways to make up for the OL issues... and none of them were tried.. we just stuck with the plan that wasn't working.

The coaches know we have a young OL, and nothing we can do now will change that this seaosn, so why don't they have a contingency plan ready for the OL/O when they get into situations like this?

HHURRICANE
09-28-2009, 07:57 AM
well I saw Trent have enough time to make throws most of the day, he didn't have all the time in the world, but I would put the blame more so on the coaching philosophy for not making the adjustments that could of made a difference.

None of our WR's motion, we already know there is a lack of slant patterns. Trent didn't throw too many if any 3 step quick passes... There are ways to make up for the OL issues... and none of them were tried.. we just stuck with the plan that wasn't working.

The coaches know we have a young OL, and nothing we can do now will change that this seaosn, so why don't they have a contingency plan ready for the OL/O when they get into situations like this?

Great post and this is where I agree alot of the blame lies. It is safe to say that I have joined the "Jauron needs to go" bandwagon. Honestly, he should have been fired at halftime of the Pats game last year.

HHURRICANE
09-28-2009, 07:59 AM

We have Jackson and Lynch this week and we should screw this up royally. I have an invite to the fins game with great seasts, etc. and I have no confidence in this team so I bagged it.

casdhf
09-28-2009, 08:27 AM
The defense kept this game as close as it was. We were down 3 in the 4th quarter, having only scored 7 points. How can you say the defense is not good?

Luisito23
09-28-2009, 08:37 AM
I don't place all the blame on him, but at this point I'm about sick and disgusted with the way Edwards plays, it's always the same garbage with him, and it's painful watching him out there looking like a 7th. round rookie.

Mahdi
09-28-2009, 08:38 AM
This is isn't blind love here. Trent didn't play well either but a different QB wouldn't have changed a thing yesterday. We were losing no matter what and it wasn't because of QB. He threw one pick which was a deflection off of stump hands Owens.

Most teams would take Edwards in a heartbeat and tis is where you guys are missing the boat.

Kelly's first year here wasn't very good and he lit it up in the USFL for two years. You can only overcome so much on a bad team.

Edwards has to be careful because he can't rely on his o-line and he knows it.
That is a ridiculous statement.... sorry but saying that a different QB would not have won us that game yesterday is crazy.

Edwards had 3 whole quarters to put any kind of points on the board that would have made the Saints play catch up in the 4th and he didn't. He has 2 top tier WRs, a strong running game provided by the line you say is not good enough and also a RB that is essentially a WR in passing situations.

HE HAS ZERO EXCUSES. Throw the dang ball and make things happen. Reed and Fine will not take the ball 80 yards to the house.

Edwards is an incomplete QB. He cannot OR will not throw through the intermediate or deep middle. That makes him easy to defend.

HHURRICANE
09-28-2009, 08:41 AM
The defense kept this game as close as it was. We were down 3 in the 4th quarter, having only scored 7 points. How can you say the defense is not good?

They still gave up 27 points when all was said and done and over 200 yards of rushing.

I love our everyone falls in love with mediocrity around here. The D is not good. Where are they ranked after 3 weeks. I'm sure towards the bottom.

HHURRICANE
09-28-2009, 08:46 AM
That is a ridiculous statement.... sorry but saying that a different QB would not have won us that game yesterday is crazy.

Edwards had 3 whole quarters to put any kind of points on the board that would have made the Saints play catch up in the 4th and he didn't. He has 2 top tier WRs, a strong running game provided by the line you say is not good enough and also a RB that is essentially a WR in passing situations.

HE HAS ZERO EXCUSES. Throw the dang ball and make things happen. Reed and Fine will not take the ball 80 yards to the house.

Edwards is an incomplete QB. He cannot OR will not throw through the intermediate or deep middle. That makes him easy to defend.

How about Drew Brees:

New Orleans Comp Att Yds Pct Y/A Sack YdsL TD Int Rating
D. Brees 16 29 172 55.2 5.9 2 16 0 0 72.8

0 TDs, 172 yards of passing

Luisito23
09-28-2009, 08:47 AM
They still gave up 27 points when all was said and done.

You know most of those 27 came when the game obviously over, stop trying to place blame on this defense....Rethink why we really lost this game, and then tell me what's broken.

acehole
09-28-2009, 08:47 AM
Sorry you can take these excuses and stick them up your tail pipe.

Phileagap and the rest of you stupid punks have made the rules.

Losses go squarly on qb's shoulders.

Football gurus said so...now liveby your own wisdom!

Lets start talking draft next week....

1) Our offensive line is not good. Yes, they have the potential to be good down the road but they are not today and that's all that matters when you are trying to win a game today.

2) The deep ball doesn't exist when your o-line can't pass block. Watch the other games around the league or last night. Edwards does not have time to let Evans or Owens get open and all he can do is guess which means picks. Is that really what you want?

3) Instead of hammering Edwards to throw deep we should be coaching him to move the chains. Pennington did it all of last year and almost took a team to the Superbowl doing it. Young o-line means get rid of the ball quick. Period.

4) Our D is not good. We have no consistant pass rush when it counts, ur LBs are terrible, and for a team that loves DB/CB depth how do we let guys get that wide open on us?

5) The special teams are coached to make plays. They are not coached to prevent plays or limit mistakes. This philosophy works totally against what you need to do which is develop players that are disciplined and that can play on the D where it matters.

6) We have proven WHINERS instead of proven WINNERS. I'm sick of hearing how good we are when we are not.

So before we blame everything on Edwards, who's playing better than Tom Brady so far, maybe we should realize that he plays behind a terrible o-line and has a brand new OC, as is missing his starting RB.

HHURRICANE
09-28-2009, 08:48 AM

We had 89 yards of rushing!!! Yeah that o-line was dominant in the run game.

HHURRICANE
09-28-2009, 08:49 AM
You know most of those 27 came when the game obviously over, stop trying to place blame on this defense....Rethink why we really lost this game, and then tell me what's broken.

They had over 200 yards of rushing. Gimme a break.

Mahdi
09-28-2009, 08:50 AM
How about Drew Brees:

New Orleans Comp Att Yds Pct Y/A Sack YdsL TD Int Rating
D. Brees 16 29 172 55.2 5.9 2 16 0 0 72.8

0 TDs, 172 yards of passing
Drew Brees engineered a TD drive with his first possession, then when they needed it he moved the ball down the field for more scores in the 4th. A lot of it was running but he also made several plays to move the chains. Plays Edwards didn't make for 4 quarters.

Mahdi
09-28-2009, 08:53 AM
We had 89 yards of rushing!!! Yeah that o-line was dominant in the run game.
at 4.2 per carry. Run game was effective and they were making a point to shut it down. Yet Trent still couldn't find Owens and Evans. Amazing.

justasportsfan
09-28-2009, 08:55 AM
Trent didn't play well either but a different QB wouldn't have changed a thing yesterday. .

:coocoo:

A different qb would have connected with TO. Qb's have connected with TO since 96. Qb's with lesser weapons have done better than Trent

HHURRICANE
09-28-2009, 09:03 AM
at 4.2 per carry. Run game was effective and they were making a point to shut it down. Yet Trent still couldn't find Owens and Evans. Amazing.

Okay, it was close and we should have won. Is that what you want to here?

We lost the game in every aspect. We couldn't stop the run, we couldn't pass block. Fine and Owens dropped balls.

I get that Edwards is the QB and is always going to take more of the blame but let's be real here. It's not like the guy threw 3 picks and lost us the game. The one pick he did have was deflected off of Owens hands.

There is plenty of blame to go around. We lost to a better team.

justasportsfan
09-28-2009, 09:06 AM

We lost the game in every aspect. We couldn't stop the run, we couldn't pass block. Fine and Owens dropped balls.

I get that Edwards is the QB and is always going to take more of the blame but let's be real here. It's not like the guy threw 3 picks and lost us the game. The one pick he did have was deflected off of Owens hands.

HH is a licker.

Mahdi
09-28-2009, 09:11 AM

Let's not fabricate things here...

Owens had ONE ball hit his hands yesterday and it was on a poorly thrown out throw by Edwards.

The INT did not hit Owens in the hands. It deflected off Greer.

I would much rather see Edwards throw picks than not throw at all. At least he would be giving our WRs who make 16 million between them a chance to make a play.

Philagape
09-28-2009, 09:17 AM
There were plenty of opportunities where he had the time to throw, went through his looks, and chose to check down.

The most ridiculous example was the fourth-and-23 late.
It's fourth down.
Down by two scores.
Have a long way to go.
There is absolutely nothing to lose. No reason at all to play it safe.
And he still dumped it off.

He was far from the only reason the offense sucked, but he was a reason.

HHURRICANE
09-28-2009, 09:18 AM
I would much rather see Edwards throw picks than not throw at all. At least he would be giving our WRs who make 16 million between them a chance to make a play.

See this is where I don't believe you or anyone that says this. We had that QB and his name was JP Losman.

If you want to get pissed than get pissed that our FO is paying 16 milliion for these two guys but they decided to dismantle the entire o-line. We had a line that could pass block but we wanted one that could run block instead. If that's the case than why did we bring in Owens????????

Answer that question!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HHURRICANE
09-28-2009, 09:21 AM
Justa, I just got your rep comments!! Very funny. Kudos!!

I can't get you off of ignore or I'd comment in here.

Very funny though!!

Mahdi
09-28-2009, 09:22 AM
See this is where I don't believe you or anyone that says this. We had that QB and his name was JP Losman.

If you want to get pissed than get pissed that our FO is paying 16 milliion for these two guys but they decided to dismantle the entire o-line. We had a line that could pass block but we wanted one that could run block instead. If that's the case than why did we bring in Owens????????

Answer that question!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Our line gave Edwards enough time to throw yesterday.

Only towards the end did the pass blocking break down because they knew we were throwing and they just pinned their ears back.

Bell leaving the game with injury also made a difference.

psubills62
09-28-2009, 09:25 AM
I don't think you can remove blame from Trent. He should have played better. There's some throws he should have made. He needs to take a few more chances downfield.

However, I mostly agree with HH. People were talking Trent up quite a bit after Week 2. I remember a guy against the Bucs who was very accurate on the deep ball and showed willingness to throw it. Edwards has the ability, we just need to see more consistency. His time is running out, though.

I think they need to mix up the routes a little. I think I've seen one out route from T.O. where he was thrown to and it was the out of bounds play late in the game yesterday.

HHURRICANE
09-28-2009, 09:27 AM
I don't think you can remove blame from Trent. He should have played better. There's some throws he should have made. He needs to take a few more chances downfield.

However, I mostly agree with HH. People were talking Trent up quite a bit after Week 2. I remember a guy against the Bucs who was very accurate on the deep ball and showed willingness to throw it. Edwards has the ability, we just need to see more consistency. His time is running out, though.

I think they need to mix up the routes a little. I think I've seen one out route from T.O. where he was thrown to and it was the out of bounds play late in the game yesterday.

I agree that Edwards deserves a share of blame for the loss. But there are bigger issues than QB on this team.

justasportsfan
09-28-2009, 09:37 AM
But there are bigger issues than QB on this team.

nope, having a crappy passing game with Lee and TO's is serious and it's HUGE!!!

Typ0
09-28-2009, 10:03 AM
I don't agree about a couple things. First, I really felt that TE was checking down too early and not allowing some plays to develop. I understand the ball has to come out of there fast...but that is usually and you still have to work downfield to keep the defense honest. Even if it's a bad play the ball has got to go downfield and it never will if it comes out in two seconds every time.

Second, there was a time during that game that I just couldn't believe how hard working the defense was. I mean I really sensed that every play they were bringing it with intensity and fight. That's what's going to make a defense very good. Teams are going to make plays. The Saints have too good players not to make plays. But we were tenacious yesterday for the better part of the game. But then I thought that went away. Maybe they got tired or it was something else I'm not sure but I thought they were very good for a while.

trapezeus
09-28-2009, 10:17 AM
let's be honest. the d held them in this game for more than a reasonable amount of time.

Trent had a bad game. the receivers didn't do much either, so they aren't blameless. evans, is simply not a number 1 receiver. when it's third down, you don't even think, "the bills are going to go to evans."

And that could be trent, AVP or Evans. But this offensive line looked like a rookie line. i'm not sure what QB would have done better. The bills ran zero receivers in motion. they pretty much let the Defenses t-off on trent.

This team would have been greatly aided by having marshawn. early in the game, they were getting good runs by jackson, but they would bring in omon and then throw.

No one on the offensive side did enough to win today. The OL looked bad. Trent looked bad. the recevers, other than reed, seemed uninterested. The TE's looked awful.

AVP's calls were bad. It was truly an ugly game on offense. every one deserves the blame.

HHURRICANE
09-28-2009, 10:24 AM
let's be honest. the d held them in this game for more than a reasonable amount of time.

Trent had a bad game. the receivers didn't do much either, so they aren't blameless. evans, is simply not a number 1 receiver. when it's third down, you don't even think, "the bills are going to go to evans."

And that could be trent, AVP or Evans. But this offensive line looked like a rookie line. i'm not sure what QB would have done better. The bills ran zero receivers in motion. they pretty much let the Defenses t-off on trent.

This team would have been greatly aided by having marshawn. early in the game, they were getting good runs by jackson, but they would bring in omon and then throw.

No one on the offensive side did enough to win today. The OL looked bad. Trent looked bad. the recevers, other than reed, seemed uninterested. The TE's looked awful.

AVP's calls were bad. It was truly an ugly game on offense. every one deserves the blame.

Thank you. 100% agree.

billsburgh
09-28-2009, 12:16 PM
There were plenty of opportunities where he had the time to throw, went through his looks, and chose to check down.

The most ridiculous example was the fourth-and-23 late.
It's fourth down.
Down by two scores.
Have a long way to go.
There is absolutely nothing to lose. No reason at all to play it safe.
And he still dumped it off.

He was far from the only reason the offense sucked, but he was a reason.
that's the same thing that Kelly Holcomb was crucified for a few years ago. why is Trent immune from the criticism. gutless coach trickles down to the gutless qb.

Philagape
09-28-2009, 12:20 PM
that's the same thing that Kelly Holcomb was crucified for a few years ago. why is Trent immune from the criticism. gutless coach trickles down to the gutless qb.

What makes it more frustrating is that unlike Holcomb, Trent has the tools to do it, and he's done it before. He's not incapable, he just chooses not to.

justasportsfan
09-28-2009, 12:36 PM
evans, is simply not a number 1 receiver. when it's third down, you don't even think, "the bills are going to go to evans."

and how can you tell that? Have you seen a no.1 qb throw to him?

Typ0
09-28-2009, 04:49 PM
I understand what you are saying but think the QB position is the one that can step up and change the outcome. I've got to ask why a team I'm pretty confident they are limiting their expeditures why they won't put ton of money into a QB that is top knotch to try and change some of these things. We don't have the leadership required in our environment to win.

elltrain22
09-28-2009, 05:08 PM

1. Our o-line has blocked very well on running plays. Passing plays I agree to a certain extent.
2. The deep ball is non-existent b/c of pass protection, but also b/c we don't take enough shots downfield. Trent has badly overthrown his intermediate routes this year, and IMO, he doesn't trust his arm. I guarantee you, Manning or Brady could march this offense down the field, b/c they have an accurate and strong intermediate ball.
3. True, but Trent also has to trust his arm much, much more.
4. Our D is not good, but they are getting better. Pass rush still sucks, but we've been pretty solid versus the run.
5. agreed
6. absolutely agree.

jamze132
09-28-2009, 05:18 PM

378 total yards allowed, 222 allowed on the ground which controlled the clock. How is that good? We were not good. Brees was missing his mark all afternoon, the Saints played a very conservative offense, and our pass rush was yet again, non-existent.

Oh yeah, and we ended up losing by 20. Football is a 60 minute game.

eee1776
09-28-2009, 07:13 PM
Lwet me remind everyone when Drew Breeze was in SD he sucked for the first three years, thats why they drafter Phillip Rivers. The the 4th year boom there he was a legit NFL QB. It takes time .
Trent will be a good QB if that O-line does not get him killed first.

justasportsfan
09-28-2009, 08:08 PM
Lwet me remind everyone when Drew Breeze was in SD he sucked for the first three years, thats why they drafter Phillip Rivers. The the 4th year boom there he was a legit NFL QB. It takes time .

tell that to Flacco, Ryan and Sanchez. Brees wasn't scared to throw it deep in his rookie year.

When it's 4th and 20 and your qb dinks the ball instead of going for a hailmary, there's a qb problem.

When your punter scores a TD and your qb doesn't , there's a qb problem.

When your punter throws for 25 and your qb's longest is 18 yards there is a qb problem.

Trent better fix it vs. fins or fitz should start because i'm almost sure he'll throw it to Lee and TO

Marvelous
09-29-2009, 01:34 AM
hahaha! What a great thread H-cane!

-Esp the last bit about Josh Reed. I've been pro Josh Reed & Kelsay for years now.. It's not Reeds fault that Trent is throwing him the ball alot. And maybe, JUST MAYBE he's the only one getting open. Man that Schouman injury sucks! He was on fire & we we're set to get the rewards. And not just the 1st downs etc, but we we're gonna get the probowl TE we've been coveting for 10 years +...

---I am very curious to hear from fans who attended sundays game about what the coverage was like on 83 & 81. Before the DB's broke off and committed to the ball carrier etc.. I posted a thread...

:posrep:

muestafa1
09-29-2009, 08:46 AM

4th and 23yrds to go. Edwards has time in the pocket, looks deep, doesn't like what he sees and throws a five yard pass to Jackson. That's the kind of decision and game situation awareness I want from my quarterback. Don't throw a desperation pass downfield in hopes it gets caught because it might get intercepted. Much better to turn the ball over on downs.

Owen DeBoard
09-29-2009, 09:24 AM
Phillip Rivers was drafted because Drew Breeze hurt his shoulder and they thought he wouldnt be able to make the throws anymore not because he sucked.

Owen DeBoard
09-29-2009, 09:26 AM
1. Our o-line has blocked very well on running plays. Passing plays I agree to a certain extent.
2. The deep ball is non-existent b/c of pass protection, but also b/c we don't take enough shots downfield. Trent has badly overthrown his intermediate routes this year, and IMO, he doesn't trust his arm. I guarantee you, Manning or Brady could march this offense down the field, b/c they have an accurate and strong intermediate ball.
3. True, but Trent also has to trust his arm much, much more.
4. Our D is not good, but they are getting better. Pass rush still sucks, but we've been pretty solid versus the run.
5. agreed
6. absolutely agree.
2. Ill agree about Manning hitting any throw but Tom Brady? Come on man the guy is somewhat like Trent can hit all his short throws and WR screens but the strong intermediate ball? Ive seen Brady overthrow Moss alot in the first few weeks just like Trent with T O.

Mr. Pink
09-29-2009, 10:01 AM
So the QB not throwing bread and butter staple NFL throws, you know midrange throws, isn't Trent's fault?

Who's is it then?

RockStar36
09-29-2009, 10:06 AM
Phillip Rivers was drafted because Drew Breeze hurt his shoulder and they thought he wouldnt be able to make the throws anymore not because he sucked.

No.

Rivers was drafted because Brees wasn't getting it done. Brees then lit it up and got a franchise tender. At the end of that year he hurt his shoulder and the Chargers decided to let him walk because they already had Rivers. Then Miami passed on Brees because of the shoulder concerns and took Culpepper which allowed Brees to go to New Orleans.

JD
09-29-2009, 10:10 AM
Don't forget Shouman.

JD
09-29-2009, 10:13 AM
Please tell me you're not talking about our run defense :rofl:

RockStar36
09-29-2009, 10:19 AM
Please tell me you're not talking about our run defense :rofl:

The run defense may have been bad statistically, but they help the Saints (who were averaging 40+ points per game) for most of the game. The offense lost that game without a doubt.

yordad
09-29-2009, 10:22 AM
4th and 23yrds to go. Edwards has time in the pocket, looks deep, doesn't like what he sees and throws a five yard pass to Jackson. That's the kind of decision and game situation awareness I want from my quarterback. Don't throw a desperation pass downfield in hopes it gets caught because it might get intercepted. Much better to turn the ball over on downs.I have to assume this was sarcasm.

JD
09-29-2009, 10:26 AM
The run defense may have been bad statistically, but they help the Saints (who were averaging 40+ points per game) for most of the game. The offense lost that game without a doubt.

For sure.

Nobody seems to take into account the low snaps when Edwards was back in shotgun.. surely that played some sort of role in missing opportunities down field because during that situation you're more worried about grabbing the ball off the ground than hitting deep

JD
09-29-2009, 10:27 AM
hahaha! What a great thread H-cane!

-Esp the last bit about Josh Reed. I've been pro Josh Reed & Kelsay for years now.. It's not Reeds fault that Trent is throwing him the ball alot. And maybe, JUST MAYBE he's the only one getting open. Man that Schouman injury sucks! He was on fire & we we're set to get the rewards. And not just the 1st downs etc, but we we're gonna get the probowl TE we've been coveting for 10 years +...

---I am very curious to hear from fans who attended sundays game about what the coverage was like on 83 & 81. Before the DB's broke off and committed to the ball carrier etc.. I posted a thread...

:posrep:
Link?

RockStar36
09-29-2009, 10:30 AM
For sure.

Nobody seems to take into account the low snaps when Edwards was back in shotgun.. surely that played some sort of role in missing opportunities down field because during that situation you're more worried about grabbing the ball off the ground than hitting deep

So that is his excuse for one game. What about the others?

The guy is afraid to throw down the field. Remember that MNF game against Cleveland? He throws multiple picks in the first quarter and completely stopped throwing down field afterwards.

justasportsfan
09-29-2009, 10:33 AM
So that is his excuse for one game. What about the others?

The guy is afraid to throw down the field. Remember that MNF game against Cleveland? He throws multiple picks in the first quarter and completely stopped throwing down field afterwards.

I'm worried about how he will do when winter comes if he's already scared to throw the ball now.

RockStar36
09-29-2009, 10:35 AM
I'm worried about how he will do when winter comes if he's already scared to throw the ball now.

It will be no different than the previous years.

The only real difference is TO is on the team so there is a constant media storm every Monday after the game. Otherwise, it's the same old team doing the same old things.

acehole
09-30-2009, 08:06 AM
I agree that Edwards deserves a share of blame for the loss. But there are bigger issues than QB on this team.

Are you cutting and pasting the old posts from us lickers?

HHURRICANE
09-30-2009, 08:18 AM
Are you cutting and pasting the old posts from us lickers?

Let me make this clear. Edwards is in the exact same place that Losman was in 2007. This is his make or break year.

I didn't look up the stats but I'm guessing that Edwards stats after 3 games look much better than Losman's did after three games.

Mahdi
09-30-2009, 08:27 AM
Let me make this clear. Edwards is in the exact same place that Losman was in 2007. This is his make or break year.

I didn't look up the stats but I'm guessing that Edwards stats after 3 games look much better than Losman's did after three games.
Losman didn't play scared AND stupid. Just stupid.

HHURRICANE
09-30-2009, 08:32 AM
Losman didn't play scared AND stupid. Just stupid.

Edwards is playing scared and stupid? Okay.

4 TDs vs. 2 INTS, completing over 60% of his passes with a QB rating of 86. He played a bad game but I'm not sure scared and stupid are very accurate adjectives.

Mahdi
09-30-2009, 08:42 AM
Edwards is playing scared and stupid? Okay.

4 TDs vs. 2 INTS, completing over 60% of his passes with a QB rating of 86. He played a bad game but I'm not sure scared and stupid are very accurate adjectives.
So checking down to Derek Fine... Your #3 TE and your #3 WR is smart when you have Evans and Owens on your team. Or maybe it's very Gutsy play on his part?

Typ0
09-30-2009, 06:57 PM
at this point, I'm really sick of the JP VS TE crap that is ALWAYS brought up by a licker. Why don't you lossman idiots go to some other leagues message board because he doesn't play in the NFL any more.

Yasgur's Farm
09-30-2009, 08:40 PM
We ran the ball 19 times for 76 yards = 4 yards per attempt... Why not look at the 4.5 yards per attempt from Trent?

justasportsfan
09-30-2009, 10:40 PM
at this point, I'm really sick of the JP VS TE crap that is ALWAYS brought up by a licker. Why don't you lossman idiots go to some other leagues message board because he doesn't play in the NFL any more.
you might want to post somewhere else because it's not going to stop. FYI, most of the JP threads started since he left were not started by JP fans so you might want to redirect your personal attacks somewhere else

yordad
09-30-2009, 10:56 PM

I didn't look up the stats but I'm guessing that Edwards stats after 3 games look much better than Losman's did after three games.Losman was the backup at that time.

Edwards is exactly where JP was when he got suckered in the knee by Wilfork. 26 starts exactly. JP was injured on the 27th.

Knock on wood HH. You've seen the o-line lineup for this next game. Joey Porter is licking his friggin chops.