You need to understand where it's broken and it's not at QB!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

You need to understand where it's broken and it's not at QB!!

Classic Billszone after a loss. Understand why we lost the game yesterday:

1) Our offensive line is not good. Yes, they have the potential to be good down the road but they are not today and that's all that matters when you are trying to win a game today.

2) The deep ball doesn't exist when your o-line can't pass block. Watch the other games around the league or last night. Edwards does not have time to let Evans or Owens get open and all he can do is guess which means picks. Is that really what you want?

3) Instead of hammering Edwards to throw deep we should be coaching him to move the chains. Pennington did it all of last year and almost took a team to the Superbowl doing it. Young o-line means get rid of the ball quick. Period.

4) Our D is not good. We have no consistant pass rush when it counts, ur LBs are terrible, and for a team that loves DB/CB depth how do we let guys get that wide open on us?

5) The special teams are coached to make plays. They are not coached to prevent plays or limit mistakes. This philosophy works totally against what you need to do which is develop players that are disciplined and that can play on the D where it matters.

6) We have proven WHINERS instead of proven WINNERS. I'm sick of hearing how good we are when we are not.

7) The FO decided to go cheap and this is the result.

So before we blame everything on Edwards, who's playing better than Tom Brady so far, maybe we should realize that he plays behind a terrible o-line and has a brand new OC, as is missing his starting RB.

PS. Josh Reed gets so much crap on this site and he's just our best receiver.
  • ddaryl
    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
    • Jan 2005

Re: You need to understand where it's broken and it's not at QB!!

I agree that it doesn't all fall on trent... but he has to graduate from dink dunk captain checkdown mode...

It's up to the coaches to dictate this change, and it needs to come in the form of putting players in motion, and running more slants etc...

The OL isn't that bad. They we're solid in weeks 1 and 2, and struggled in week 3
    Last edited by ddaryl; 09-28-2009, 07:35 AM.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
      • May 2003

To blame everyone but Timid Trent smacks of the JP days. After awhile, you have to realize the kind of player you have at QB. In this case, it's one with no leadership and no guts.
      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• HHURRICANE
        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by ddaryl
        I agree that it doesn't all fall on trent... but he has to graduate from dink dunk captain checkdown mode...

It's up to the coaches to dictate this change, and it needs to come in the form of putting players in motion, and running more slants etc...

The OL isn't that bad. They we're solid in weeks 1 and 2, and struggled in week 3
        I think the Bucs lost 24-0 yesterday. They suck. The Pats did not play well week 1 and you know it.

I'm not saying Edwards is perfect but as a starting QB I'll take him any day of the week.

This team needs to coach to our strengths instead of hanging on to what should work.

Comment

• GreedoII
          • Aug 2007

It's really the coaching in my opinion. Philosophy is flawed and outdated. It's the little decisions that matter in the NFL with so much parity. Deferring to kick to the best offense in football is just plain dumb. You need to take it to them early. Take the ball and use the clock to your advantage. Dickless just gave up 7 pts by doing that. Punting on 4th and 1? Silly. You're down. You need to instill confidence in your layers. Make them feel you're not about to just roll over and die. Jauron is just that. A dead dog. You can win with young players. You see it everywhere but here. It's winning now in this league. You don't have time to wait 3-4 yrs for a plan to come together. This team is doing it backwards and they think it's the 80's and 90's still. It starts from the top. The owner hasn't a clue and living in the past as is his stupid coaches.
          Last edited by GreedoII; 09-28-2009, 07:43 AM.

Comment

• ddaryl
            • Jan 2005

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
            I think the Bucs lost 24-0 yesterday. They suck. The Pats did not play well week 1 and you know it.

I'm not saying Edwards is perfect but as a starting QB I'll take him any day of the week.

This team needs to coach to our strengths instead of hanging on to what should work.
            Still don't think our OL is as horrible as you mentioned... but time will definitely reveal this.

Coaching is still the common denominator to the reason we have failed to be bale to beat good teams since you know who has been here

Comment

• HHURRICANE
              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
              To blame everyone but Timid Trent smacks of the JP days. After awhile, you have to realize the kind of player you have at QB. In this case, it's one with no leadership and no guts.

This is isn't blind love here. Trent didn't play well either but a different QB wouldn't have changed a thing yesterday. We were losing no matter what and it wasn't because of QB. He threw one pick which was a deflection off of stump hands Owens.

Most teams would take Edwards in a heartbeat and tis is where you guys are missing the boat.

Kelly's first year here wasn't very good and he lit it up in the USFL for two years. You can only overcome so much on a bad team.

Edwards has to be careful because he can't rely on his o-line and he knows it.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                • Mar 2005

Still don't think our OL is as horrible as you mentioned... but time will definitely reveal this.

Coaching is still the common denominator to the reason we have failed to be bale to beat good teams since you know who has been here
                One more time on this subject. The o-line has tons of potential. However, the reality is that we are trying to win today and potential isn't going to get it done.
                Our o-line was overmatched by a good opponent and it showed yesterday.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by GreedoII
                  It's really the coaching in my opinion. Philosophy is flawed and outdated. It's the little decisions that matter in the NFL with so much parity. Deferring to kick to the best offense in football is just plain dumb. You need to take it to them early. Take the ball and use the clock to your advantage. Dickless just gave up 7 pts by doing that. Punting on 4th and 1? Silly. You're down. You need to instill confidence in your layers. Make them feel you're not about to just roll over and die. Jauron is just that. A dead dog. You can win with young players. You see it everywhere but here. It's winning now in this league. You don't have time to wait 3-4 yrs for a plan to come together. This team is doing it backwards and they think it's the 80's and 90's still. It starts from the top. The owner hasn't a clue and living in the past as is his stupid coaches.
                  Jauron coaches like he has a roster that can win 13 games so you hit it right on the head. He coaches with the percentages but when your team isn't that good you need to coach differently. Not putting the offense out there first was stupid.

Comment

• ddaryl
                    • Jan 2005

One more time on this subject. The o-line has tons of potential. However, the reality is that we are trying to win today and potential isn't going to get it done.
                    Our o-line was overmatched by a good opponent and it showed yesterday.
                    well I saw Trent have enough time to make throws most of the day, he didn't have all the time in the world, but I would put the blame more so on the coaching philosophy for not making the adjustments that could of made a difference.

None of our WR's motion, we already know there is a lack of slant patterns. Trent didn't throw too many if any 3 step quick passes... There are ways to make up for the OL issues... and none of them were tried.. we just stuck with the plan that wasn't working.

The coaches know we have a young OL, and nothing we can do now will change that this seaosn, so why don't they have a contingency plan ready for the OL/O when they get into situations like this?

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                      • Mar 2005

well I saw Trent have enough time to make throws most of the day, he didn't have all the time in the world, but I would put the blame more so on the coaching philosophy for not making the adjustments that could of made a difference.

None of our WR's motion, we already know there is a lack of slant patterns. Trent didn't throw too many if any 3 step quick passes... There are ways to make up for the OL issues... and none of them were tried.. we just stuck with the plan that wasn't working.

The coaches know we have a young OL, and nothing we can do now will change that this seaosn, so why don't they have a contingency plan ready for the OL/O when they get into situations like this?

Great post and this is where I agree alot of the blame lies. It is safe to say that I have joined the "Jauron needs to go" bandwagon. Honestly, he should have been fired at halftime of the Pats game last year.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                        • Mar 2005

We have Jackson and Lynch this week and we should screw this up royally. I have an invite to the fins game with great seasts, etc. and I have no confidence in this team so I bagged it.

Comment

• casdhf
                          • Jul 2002

The defense kept this game as close as it was. We were down 3 in the 4th quarter, having only scored 7 points. How can you say the defense is not good?
                          Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                          cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Luisito23
                            Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                            • Apr 2003

I don't place all the blame on him, but at this point I'm about sick and disgusted with the way Edwards plays, it's always the same garbage with him, and it's painful watching him out there looking like a 7th. round rookie.
                            "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                            ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                            ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                            ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• Mahdi
                              • Mar 2004

This is isn't blind love here. Trent didn't play well either but a different QB wouldn't have changed a thing yesterday. We were losing no matter what and it wasn't because of QB. He threw one pick which was a deflection off of stump hands Owens.

Most teams would take Edwards in a heartbeat and tis is where you guys are missing the boat.

Kelly's first year here wasn't very good and he lit it up in the USFL for two years. You can only overcome so much on a bad team.

Edwards has to be careful because he can't rely on his o-line and he knows it.
                              That is a ridiculous statement.... sorry but saying that a different QB would not have won us that game yesterday is crazy.

Edwards had 3 whole quarters to put any kind of points on the board that would have made the Saints play catch up in the 4th and he didn't. He has 2 top tier WRs, a strong running game provided by the line you say is not good enough and also a RB that is essentially a WR in passing situations.

HE HAS ZERO EXCUSES. Throw the dang ball and make things happen. Reed and Fine will not take the ball 80 yards to the house.

Edwards is an incomplete QB. He cannot OR will not throw through the intermediate or deep middle. That makes him easy to defend.

Comment

Working...
                              X