PDA

View Full Version : Ownes is obvioulsy not Lofton.

HHURRICANE
09-28-2009, 08:10 AM
I feel bad for Owens but this team needs leadership and he'll never, ever, provide it. By the way this came from Sullivan this AM:

"He's had better days, that's for sure. As Owens walked down the tunnel to the Bills' dressing room, a fan tossed a half-empty box of popcorn over the railing and hit him on the head. It was a crude gesture, but almost understandable. Owens told fans to bring the popcorn. But who told the offense to bring the popgun?"

justasportsfan
09-28-2009, 08:57 AM
For TO to be a Lofton, he has to have a Jim Kelly which Trent isn't.

Luisito23
09-28-2009, 08:58 AM
LOL...If T.O. could only pass to himself.

Mahdi
09-28-2009, 09:02 AM
LOL...If T.O. could only pass to himself.
Let's wildcat TO. Then we can blame him for the struggles of the offense rather than Golden Boy Trent.

TacklingDummy
09-28-2009, 09:03 AM
Lofton had Kelly, TO had Garcia, McNabb, and Homo, now he has Edwards. See the difference?

justasportsfan
09-28-2009, 09:04 AM
Lofton had Kelly, TO had Garcia, McNabb, and Homo, now he has Edwards. See the difference?

Any of those qb's you mentioned would love to have TO and Lee but instead this could be TO's worst season ever and Lee's as well.

TacklingDummy
09-28-2009, 09:08 AM
Any of those qb's you mentioned would love to have TO and Lee but instead this could be TO's worst season ever and Lee's as well.

How is it possible that Reggie Wayne can catch 7 for 126 yards, 1 TD, Randy Moss 10 for 116, and combined Evans/TO catch 4 for 31 yards?

justasportsfan
09-28-2009, 09:09 AM
How is it possible that Reggie Wayne can catch 7 for 126 yards, 1 TD, Randy Moss 10 for 116, and combined Evans/TO catch 4 for 31 yards?
they can't catch balls that aren't thrown their way. Trent is scared to either have an incompletion or an INT. Kinda like Rob Johnson.

TacklingDummy
09-28-2009, 09:12 AM
they can't catch balls that aren't thrown their way. Trent is scared to either have an incompletion or an INT. Kinda like Rob Johnson.
Bring in Fitz.

HHURRICANE
09-28-2009, 09:13 AM

Hey, I'm not arguing that the offensive production yesterday was putrid. Why did we run for 89 yards?

If plays aren't developing than blame your OC. If the QB doesn't have time to find receivers than blame your o-line.

Edwards threw the ball deep 4 times last week. Did he all of a sudden get scared? No. He just didn't have the plays develop and that could be because we faced a pretty good D and we have a crappy o-line.

justasportsfan
09-28-2009, 09:14 AM
Did he all of a sudden get scared? No. .Correction, he all of a sudden had balls to throw it vs. Tampa. He's always been scared. Why do you think he earned the name Capt. Checkdown?

TacklingDummy
09-28-2009, 09:15 AM
Edwards threw the ball deep 4 times last week. Did he all of a sudden get scared? No. He just didn't have the plays develop and that could be because we faced a pretty good D and we have a crappy o-line.

I seem to recall a wide open TO during yesterday's game that Trent over threw. Who's fault is that? Must be Dick's fault.

Mahdi
09-28-2009, 09:20 AM
Hey, I'm not arguing that the offensive production yesterday was putrid. Why did we run for 89 yards?

If plays aren't developing than blame your OC. If the QB doesn't have time to find receivers than blame your o-line.

Deep balls thrown 50 yards downfield any fool can throw.

He hasn't hit one throw in the deep/intermediate middle of the field ALL SEASON. How is that even possible? Especially with a WR that has made his living over the middle.

HHURRICANE
09-28-2009, 09:25 AM
I seem to recall a wide open TO during yesterday's game that Trent over threw. Who's fault is that? Must be Dick's fault.

Let's be clear. Trent didn't have a good game and that's not what I'm saying. He missed that throw for sure. But people act like replacing Trent is the solution and I think that is laughable at this point.

Owens has dropped a ton of easy catches since arriving here so saying that Edwards sucks because he missed one throw to TO is ridiculous.

Don't Panic
09-28-2009, 09:26 AM
I've watched every one of these games. Putting it all on Trent is not only unfair, but kind of ridiculous. Do you realize Trent had more success against the Pats than golden boys Sanchez and Ryan? Williams brought a ton of heat yesterday and Trent didn't handle it perfectly, but I would say his performance was average at worst.

I just don't get how Dick Jauron escapes the lion's share of the blame (and by that I mean at least 75%) for anything that happens with this team. It is year 4 and he is once again a game under .500. Until we get a real coach in here I don't think it is fair to blame Trent. He is not Rob Johnson or JP Losman. He has alreayd shown me more than either one of the goes showed in terms of game management. Put the blame where it belongs... on Dick.

Don't Panic
09-28-2009, 09:27 AM
As for TO... he is 3-4 weeks from losing patience and becoming a cancer. Unless we start winning that is.

TacklingDummy
09-28-2009, 09:27 AM
Owens has dropped a ton of easy catches since arriving here so saying that Edwards sucks because he missed one throw to TO is ridiculous.I seem to recall Trent missing a wide open TO that would have went for a TD during the Tampa game too.

TacklingDummy
09-28-2009, 09:28 AM
One more thing, get rid of the no huddle.

Mahdi
09-28-2009, 09:31 AM
As for TO... he is 3-4 weeks from losing patience and becoming a cancer. Unless we start winning that is.
I would be surprised if he holds out till then. And I wouldn't blame him either. The guy is a professional athlete. He has a right to be upset that he is not being used. I wouldn't consider it a cancer if he did blow up at Edwards. I think it would be warranted.

Beastie Bills
09-28-2009, 09:32 AM

I agree. Their D-Line was getting way more pressure than I expected them to. Too bad the suspensions to their D-Ends got overturned.

justasportsfan
09-28-2009, 09:35 AM
Putting it all on Trent is not only unfair, but kind of ridiculous. . nope, not putting it all on Trent . The OL had their share of mistakes but Lee and TO not getting the ball and a puttrid passing game is mostly on Trent.

Do you realize Trent had more success against the Pats than golden boys Sanchez and Ryan? Williams brought a ton of heat yesterday and Trent didn't handle it perfectly, but I would say his performance was average at worst..

it could be because the Pats had no tape on us.

He is not Rob Johnson . he does look like Robosack

or JP Losman..
he's definitely smarter than JP but JP has more balls to throw it. Lee and To would've loved JP.

He has alreayd shown me more than either one of the goes showed in terms of game management.

If you like dinking and dunking for game management, he's your guy.