PDA

View Full Version : How is Fewell still here?

bigbub2352
09-28-2009, 09:44 AM
Seriously the media can make it look like the D played well
but i can say with pure honesty our D is just as bad as our O i was at the game sat on the 50yd line in the 300s watched the whole game and could see the whole feild and what i saw was disgusting
We were plain and simple out coached in the 2nd Half
gave up 80 yds on the ground in the second half
Donte Whitner was playing close to 20 yards off the ball most of the game
NO PASS RUSH unless we blitz NONE what so ever
tell me again why Spencer Johnson is here?
Kawika Mitchell?
Aaron Maybin
Denney?
were was Schobel in the 2nd Half?
I still love the media brianwash about ellison and his tackles LOL what a joke
that kid gets run over all day and tackles guys who are catching passes in our underneath coverage crap were we let them throw the ball underneath all game and control the ball
i Love how the media is trying to put a positive spin on this loss saying the D held them and the O didnt get it done LOL
The O didnt get it done thats for sure but this Cover 2 garbage scheme is killing this team
Our overpaid DLine is killing this team
Our LBers are killing this team
Fewell just keeps on getting free passes
how many leads do we have to give up?
how many times do we have to watch the other team just drive up and down the feild? especially in the 2nd half after real coaching staffs make there adjustments?
Seriously folks
its time to rebuild all over again
Our D Sucks

justasportsfan
09-28-2009, 09:45 AM
huh? The D was the best unit out there. They can only do so much to carry the O.

bigbub2352
09-28-2009, 09:47 AM
huh? The D was the best unit out there. They can only do so much to carry the O.
HUH?
i guess u didnt watch the 2nd half
dont just believe the media

Forward_Lateral
09-28-2009, 09:48 AM
Another brainless thread. The D played very well, IMO, and kept the Bills in it. The offense sucked, and the coaching decisions sucked. It's hard to blame the D, especially when they held their own until the final minutes, when it was too late anyways. I thought Fewell's gameplan was good enough to win Sunday, and if you told me the D would've held NO to 13 points late into the 4th quarter, I'd have bet all my money that the Bills would've won. Unfortunately, New Orleans' D-line owned Buffalo's O-line all game long, and Dick turned yellow at the end.

justasportsfan
09-28-2009, 09:49 AM
HUH?
i guess u didnt watch the 2nd half
dont just believe the media
I watch the whole thing. They kept the team in the game. I mean sure, they weren't good enough to put the saints out but our D made our O look like idiots

MikeInRoch
09-28-2009, 09:50 AM
I *did* watch the second half. Did the D struggle against the best offense in the league? Sure they did. But holding NO to 10 until late is still pretty damn good. Certainly they out-performed the O.

bigbub2352
09-28-2009, 09:52 AM
Another brainless thread. The D played very well, IMO, and kept the Bills in it. The offense sucked, and the coaching decisions sucked. It's hard to blame the D, especially when they held their own until the final minutes, when it was too late anyways. I thought Fewell's gameplan was good enough to win Sunday, and if you told me the D would've held NO to 13 points late into the 4th quarter, I'd have bet all my money that the Bills would've won. Unfortunately, New Orleans' D-line owned Buffalo's O-line all game long, and Dick turned yellow at the end.
its not hard to blame the D they gave up 80 yds on the ground in hte 2nd half and gave up the drives that put the game away
i dont disagree with anyone that the O was awful
but how again do u give up 80yds in the 2nd half?
outcoached maybe?
Fewell was in his prevent bend but dont break crap and they ran the ball on us all day
i guess that is the D playing good?
brainless thread huh?
wasnt the final score us losing by alot?
oh yeah
i guess that is how u do it in the NFL hold them in the 1st half but them let them crush u in the 2nd half
while be outcoached as usual
what happened in the Pats game?
hmmmm....
Cover 2 is awesome

Forward_Lateral
09-28-2009, 09:52 AM
I *did* watch the second half. Did the D struggle against the best offense in the league? Sure they did. But holding NO to 10 until late is still pretty damn good. Certainly they out-performed the O.

Yep. I don't care what NFL team you are, if you score 7 points in a game, you won't win, especially against a team like New Orleans.

bigbub2352
09-28-2009, 09:53 AM
I watch the whole thing. They kept the team in the game. I mean sure, they weren't good enough to put the saints out but our D made our O look like idiots
agree
but point is how does Fewell consitently get a pass?
when our D consistently sucks in the 2nd half?
dotn just focus on NO game
how about the last 10 games

Forward_Lateral
09-28-2009, 09:55 AM
its not hard to blame the D they gave up 80 yds on the ground in hte 2nd half and gave up the drives that put the game away
i dont disagree with anyone that the O was awful
but how again do u give up 80yds in the 2nd half?
outcoached maybe?
Fewell was in his prevent bend but dont break crap and they ran the ball on us all day
i guess that is the D playing good?
brainless thread huh?
wasnt the final score us losing by alot?
oh yeah
i guess that is how u do it in the NFL hold them in the 1st half but them let them crush u in the 2nd half
while be outcoached as usual
what happened in the Pats game?
hmmmm....
Cover 2 is awesome

If you watched the game, you'd realzie that coaching had nothing to do with the players (Ellison) who were out of position on those long TD runs at the end, or the dozen or so missed tackles. I'm not making excuses, but maybe they were tired?

Also, you pick your poison with the Saints. The Bills didn't want Brees to have his way and pick them apart, so they chose to take their chances with the run. It worked, for the most part, until about 8 minutes left in the game. I'm sure Fewell didn't count on his offensive counterparts to **** the bed and score 7 points against NO. They made a borderline terrible defense look like the 84 Bears.

The King
09-28-2009, 09:55 AM
Wow. What!? The D held the NFL's best offense to 10 points through 3 quarters, it was turnovers late in the game that scored the final TD's... There's only just much you can ask of a defense who has been on the field 80% of the game.

Forward_Lateral
09-28-2009, 09:56 AM
agree

:rofl: when has anyone here EVER given Fewell a pass? Not very often, but this week, it's not even remotely his fault the Bills lost.

HHURRICANE
09-28-2009, 09:57 AM
Seriously the media can make it look like the D played well
but i can say with pure honesty our D is just as bad as our O i was at the game sat on the 50yd line in the 300s watched the whole game and could see the whole feild and what i saw was disgusting
We were plain and simple out coached in the 2nd Half
gave up 80 yds on the ground in the second half
Donte Whitner was playing close to 20 yards off the ball most of the game
NO PASS RUSH unless we blitz NONE what so ever
tell me again why Spencer Johnson is here?
Kawika Mitchell?
Aaron Maybin
Denney?
were was Schobel in the 2nd Half?
I still love the media brianwash about ellison and his tackles LOL what a joke
that kid gets run over all day and tackles guys who are catching passes in our underneath coverage crap were we let them throw the ball underneath all game and control the ball
i Love how the media is trying to put a positive spin on this loss saying the D held them and the O didnt get it done LOL
The O didnt get it done thats for sure but this Cover 2 garbage scheme is killing this team
Our overpaid DLine is killing this team
Our LBers are killing this team
Fewell just keeps on getting free passes
how many leads do we have to give up?
how many times do we have to watch the other team just drive up and down the feild? especially in the 2nd half after real coaching staffs make there adjustments?
Seriously folks
its time to rebuild all over again
Our D Sucks

You are going to get trashed for this thread but you are dead on.

So many of our fans fall in love with our mediocre players here.

We got rushed on for over 200 yards. I'm pretty sure that was a season high for the Saints.

Our D can't dictate a game. They just try to hang on. This has been the same crap for 5 years now. But they played well because they didn't let the game get out of hand til late. What a joke.

No playmakers. No talent. There isn't one pro-bowler caliber defender on this team. Even Stroud seems to play at half speed alot of the time.

HHURRICANE
09-28-2009, 09:58 AM
:rofl: when has anyone here EVER given Fewell a pass? Not very often, but this week, it's not even remotely his fault the Bills lost.

You just gave him a pass.

mybills
09-28-2009, 09:59 AM

Our O also had several players who were questionable or probable coming into the game. Some had limited practice right up until Friday. They were not 100% healthy, but they played anyway.

ddaryl
09-28-2009, 10:02 AM
the D kept the team in the game for 3 quarters then they fell apart because they we're beat tired after being on the field for way too much time.

this games blame is all on Jauwrong and the O. If the Bills O could of put up 17-20 points we win this game

HHURRICANE
09-28-2009, 10:05 AM
the D kept the team in the game for 3 quarters then they fell apart because they we're beat tired after being on the field for way too much time.

this games blame is all on Jauwrong and the O. If the Bills O could of put up 17-20 points we win this game

We had no chance of winning thsi game. I think the Saints dictated the game on both sides of the ball.

Jauron is an idiot though.

justasportsfan
09-28-2009, 10:05 AM
agree
the only reason why he gets a pass is because his unit has carried the O all these years under Dick. The O has sucked under Dick that it makes the D look decent that their inadequacies get overlooked.

Philagape
09-28-2009, 10:11 AM
With a monumental task to say the least, the defense really stepped up.
Normally the D gets tired because it can't get off the field, but it did yesterday. The Saints had to punt five times, matching their first two games combined.
The problem was the Bills' offense couldn't stay on the field either.
The Saints converted only a third of their third downs, but the Bills were way worse at 14 percent.
The Bills had five possessions in the fourth quarter and didn't convert a single third down.
That's why the D fell apart at the end. It couldn't catch its breath.

madness
09-28-2009, 10:35 AM
The D started falling apart as soon as the injuries started piling up.

The lack of depth on this team has once again been exposed.

HHURRICANE
09-28-2009, 10:43 AM
Guys we didn't lose 6-3.

They still scored 27 points. What is this kindergarton where you get a star for a good effort.

This team is a 7 win squad and that's the way they play. Watch how the Ds of winning teams play.

It's like watching your kid's team lose a game. You always look for the good in it.

bigbub2352
09-28-2009, 10:46 AM
Everyone reads well
DOnt just focus on this game
Focus on the last 4 yrs Fewell has been here
How good and effective has our D been?
How good are we in the 2nd half?
Fewell's D sucks
trash me all u want
we still lose
ever year
and make excuses
and allow the media to brainwash u to think we r ok on D
LOL
buy a pass rush
buy some coverage schemes
buy some passion
put a nasty streak into the D
i guess i have no ground to stand on
this D is a joke
convince urself it isnt
another non playoff year here we come

bigbub2352
09-28-2009, 10:49 AM
the only reason why he gets a pass is because his unit has carried the O all these years under Dick. The O has sucked under Dick that it makes the D look decent that their inadequacies get overlooked.
he should never get a pass
that is the team you have to beat if you want to contend for a superbowl
what else is everyone on here argueing with me about?
isnt that the goal?
are r u just satisified with looking good every 3 weeks
boys and girls we are 0-7 in our last 7 division games
guess who was the D Cordinator for those games?
has Fewell thought of a way to beat the Pats yet?
he has only had 4 yrs to do it?
come on
what a joke
Well we played well for 3 quarters then the D was tired blah blah blah or they got hurt blahblah blah
were is our depth on D then?
oh thats right we scarfice depth for ST players
LOL
SAD

bigbub2352
09-28-2009, 10:50 AM
I guess no one else was at the game heard the BOOOOOOOOs for the O and D and then for the D in the 2nd half
and the O which got BOOed the whole game
gotta love it

justasportsfan
09-28-2009, 11:12 AM
he should never get a pass
that is the team you have to beat if you want to contend for a superbowl
what else is everyone on here argueing with me about?
isnt that the goal?
are r u just satisified with looking good every 3 weeks
boys and girls we are 0-7 in our last 7 division games
guess who was the D Cordinator for those games?
has Fewell thought of a way to beat the Pats yet?
he has only had 4 yrs to do it?
come on
what a joke
Well we played well for 3 quarters then the D was tired blah blah blah or they got hurt blahblah blah
were is our depth on D then?
oh thats right we scarfice depth for ST players
LOL
SAD

He's just doing what his HC is telling him to do. Play not to lose.

Demon
09-28-2009, 11:17 AM

lol yeah.... what bozo is going to blame the defense after they hold Drew Brees and their offense to only 10 points. And even 3 of those points they would have not even gotten if it wasn't for the gift Roscoe Parrish gave them. I can't blame the defense for allowing the points in the 4th.... tired defense against that offense will always be on the wrong end and Wilson and Whitner were banged up.

Dr. Lecter
09-28-2009, 11:43 AM
The defense holds Brees to no TD passes, sacks him twice (when he was sacked 13 times all of last year), holds the Saints to 20 less than their average, pressure Brees at other times and held the Saints to 10 points through 3 quarters and people are *****ing about the defense??????

WTF?????

The defense was damn good yesterday, until they wore down in the 4th quarter.

Dr. Lecter
09-28-2009, 11:44 AM
You just gave him a pass.

Like you are with Edwards?

PECKERWOOD
09-28-2009, 11:45 AM
The defense holds Brees to no TD passes, sacks him twice (when he was sacked 13 times all of last year), holds the Saints to 20 less than their average, pressure Brees at other times and held the Saints to 10 points through 3 quarters and people are *****ing about the defense??????

WTF?????

We also did pretty good against New England and Tampa Bay, as well. Our defense is pretty good, I don't understand the negativity here either.

Dr. Lecter
09-28-2009, 11:45 AM
BTW, before we ***** about the defense, can we discuss the offense that scored exactly ZERO points against a very average (at best) Saints defense?

Dr. Lecter
09-28-2009, 11:46 AM
Guys we didn't lose 6-3.

They still scored 27 points. What is this kindergarton where you get a star for a good effort.

This team is a 7 win squad and that's the way they play. Watch how the Ds of winning teams play.

It's like watching your kid's team lose a game. You always look for the good in it.

And the offense score no points. None.

They held a team averaging 46.5 points to 27, 17 of which came in the 4th quarter.

They held Brees, who had 9 TD pass in games 1 and 2, to ZERO TD passes.

And yet you seem more upset at the defense than you are at Edwards.

Completely illogical.

bigbub2352
09-28-2009, 12:10 PM

WTF?????

excuses excuses excuses
still another loss
and we still keep these coachs
bash this thread all u want
we still lose every year and we lose to the teams we are suppossed to lose to
i guess that is a good thing to some of you
Love mediocracy

bigbub2352
09-28-2009, 12:12 PM
BTW, before we ***** about the defense, can we discuss the offense that scored exactly ZERO points against a very average (at best) Saints defense?

But everyone loves AVP
our oline is too cheap now and way to young we are in trouble with our tackles now and you got nothing to thank but Russ Ralph and Skeletor
our O sucks

trapezeus
09-28-2009, 01:03 PM
I get Bigbub's point. However, Fewell, consistently deals with a bad lack of depth. and he gets a lot out of them for the first half. if his defenses got a normal offensive production, he'd be viewed much better. The first halves of games, we only give up field goals or get stops. this year we are even getting Turnoveres and Defensive points. I don't know what more another DC could do up to this point.

WE knew going into this season that we made 0 changes to make our defense better. Our starting unit in game 1 is an NFL caliber unit, although barely. One injury and we're playing with full time backups, especially at LB position. And to be fair, so much rests on your LB core to be smart and to be strong against the run, but capable in coverage. We don't have that.

Maybin was the only change. We kept ***** denney and kelsay. they don't get enough pressure as a 4 man group. So we push in blitz. but the underneath coverage is terrible by our LB's. This team needs 2 more DEs (which they prove they aren't good at finding in the draft), at LEAST 2 LB's who can start (Poz might be good, but he can't stay healthy).

The defense has its issues, but this game was lost due to lack of discipline from offensive youngsters, a very unimaginative gameplan, and zero killer instinct.

bigbub2352
09-28-2009, 01:34 PM
I get Bigbub's point. However, Fewell, consistently deals with a bad lack of depth. and he gets a lot out of them for the first half. if his defenses got a normal offensive production, he'd be viewed much better. The first halves of games, we only give up field goals or get stops. this year we are even getting Turnoveres and Defensive points. I don't know what more another DC could do up to this point.

WE knew going into this season that we made 0 changes to make our defense better. Our starting unit in game 1 is an NFL caliber unit, although barely. One injury and we're playing with full time backups, especially at LB position. And to be fair, so much rests on your LB core to be smart and to be strong against the run, but capable in coverage. We don't have that.

Maybin was the only change. We kept ***** denney and kelsay. they don't get enough pressure as a 4 man group. So we push in blitz. but the underneath coverage is terrible by our LB's. This team needs 2 more DEs (which they prove they aren't good at finding in the draft), at LEAST 2 LB's who can start (Poz might be good, but he can't stay healthy).

The defense has its issues, but this game was lost due to lack of discipline from offensive youngsters, a very unimaginative gameplan, and zero killer instinct.
Great Post and thanks for getting the point
my only thing i will say is this why the bad depth on D?
doesnt Fewell get to keep the players he likes?
Why do we keep the same overpaid losers and how did ellison keep a starting job?
Fewell's scheme is great like u said for a half then he is outcoached after the other team goes to halftime and sees what Fewell is doing and then Fewell keeps doing the same stuff and we get beat or give up long sustained drives, or give up the lead
and in a nut shell the O doesnt help by sucking almost every week

Dr. Lecter
09-28-2009, 02:45 PM
excuses excuses excuses
still another loss
and we still keep these coachs
bash this thread all u want
we still lose every year and we lose to the teams we are suppossed to lose to
i guess that is a good thing to some of you
Love mediocracy

**** the love mediocrity (I assume that is what you meant) bull****.

Every time I hear that I want to scream. You are not the only one who hates seeing this team lose and the arrogance of some people who think that allof us don't hate it is maddening.

But heaven forbid somebody disagree with you. I guess it is better to dismiss the argument with "you love mediocrity" bull**** instead of addressing the points.

The defense was not the problem yesterday and it was not usually the problem last year. Jauron sucks, that is for sure. And the offense was terrible yesterday and last year.

But for God's sake, take the love mediocrity crap and shove it.

You are not the only fan who hates seeing this team lose like this all of the time.

Historian
09-28-2009, 03:12 PM
I think or defense has been really tough.

They can only be out there for so long before they tire.

That's why this no-huddle is a joke.

I would use it in certain situations, but not as a base offense.

Too many 3 and outs.

HHURRICANE
09-28-2009, 03:24 PM
Great Post and thanks for getting the point
my only thing i will say is this why the bad depth on D?
doesnt Fewell get to keep the players he likes?
Why do we keep the same overpaid losers and how did ellison keep a starting job?
Fewell's scheme is great like u said for a half then he is outcoached after the other team goes to halftime and sees what Fewell is doing and then Fewell keeps doing the same stuff and we get beat or give up long sustained drives, or give up the lead
and in a nut shell the O doesnt help by sucking almost every week

Exactly. Draft Maybin so he can do absolutely nothing. The guy is useless this year. Useless.

HHURRICANE
09-28-2009, 03:25 PM
And the offense score no points. None.

They held a team averaging 46.5 points to 27, 17 of which came in the 4th quarter.

They held Brees, who had 9 TD pass in games 1 and 2, to ZERO TD passes.

And yet you seem more upset at the defense than you are at Edwards.

Completely illogical.

I'm blaming the entire team for the loss, just not one area or player. That's the difference.

bigbub2352
09-28-2009, 03:44 PM
**** the love mediocrity (I assume that is what you meant) bull****.

Every time I hear that I want to scream. You are not the only one who hates seeing this team lose and the arrogance of some people who think that allof us don't hate it is maddening.

But heaven forbid somebody disagree with you. I guess it is better to dismiss the argument with "you love mediocrity" bull**** instead of addressing the points.

The defense was not the problem yesterday and it was not usually the problem last year. Jauron sucks, that is for sure. And the offense was terrible yesterday and last year.

But for God's sake, take the love mediocrity crap and shove it.

You are not the only fan who hates seeing this team lose like this all of the time.
anyone who defends anything this **** staff does and trys to find hope in a season already lost is gonna get labeled a lover of medicracy
it pisses me off when people who obviously never played a down of regular football in there life come on here and state opinions and have no idea at all or dont understand at all what they are defending
that is not directed towards you Doc
What i am trying to say is feel free to go threw my posts i thank people more than i get thanked, i feel i write threads that should be argued but i dont have the good goggles on i see nothing but mistake after mistake
i see nothing but bad draft after bad draft
bad free agent signings
we are paying huge slaries to bums that dont even get picked up half the time we finally do cut them
and we sit here behind our computers and argue about it
then we go and spend 1000s of hard earned dollars to watch these *******s
there horrible front office and horrible staff
im sorry the point of my thread is Fewell's D sucks
AVP/Turks O sucks
our drafting is awful
and our free agent help is usually bad beyond belief
we lost 7 of our last 9 games last yr that means we suck
now we are 1-2 already and lost 2 games we were suppossed to lose
and everyone wants to cheer a defense that gave up 27pts? no matter what quarter they gave it up and 80yds rushing in the 2nd half
oh but the injuries oh but the O sucked
when is it Fewell's fault?
when will we get serious about winning and get a real scheme in here with athletes that want to hit and want to make plays
not collect a paycheck and go home like many starters on this team
it is a trickle down effect from ownership on down they need to be taught to be winners and to draft and sign like winners
what were your opinions of signing projext jermain meredith? nstead of getting a vet starter? or better yet plugging in a castoff of an 0-16 team in as our starter?
these are moves and philosphys of a loser franchise anyone who finds good in it is in love with medicracy
we are rebuilding again the youth movement has already begun at Oline
if Skeletor finally gets canned the next purdge will be on D hopefully on the Dline and LBer
man i hate having to explain this every year
guys no playoffs no winning
change it up