Was this guy drinking? Bills Overview on ESPN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dozerdog
    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Was this guy drinking? Bills Overview on ESPN

ESPN Bills season preview

Buffalo missed the postseason in large part because of a porous defense. The Bills were 11th in scoring offense (23.7 points per game), but allowed 24.8 per contest. They sought improvement by signing linebackers Takeo Spikes and Jeff Posey, and drafting Angelo Crowell. Next, they brought in defensive tackle Sam Adams, who won a Super Bowl with Baltimore in 2000 and got there last season with Oakland, and used their second-round pick on end Chris Kelsay. They also added depth to the secondary by acquiring safety Izell Reese, cornerback Dainon Sidney and drafting corner Terrence Kiel.

On offense, McGahee is the big addition -- sort of. In terms of name recognition, McGahee is the offseason acquisition. Yet, there's a good chance he'll make limited contributions in 2003. For one, he's still rehabbing the knee he severely injured in the Fiesta Bowl. Also, Buffalo signed Olandis Gary as a viable backup to Henry, so there's no rush to put McGahee on the field.

Nice to see they can't even get the draft picks right. And I don't think the loss of Price will impact us as bad as he thinks either.

Clayton's piece was pretty accurate, though!
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Well he also wrote that we drafted a corner named Terrence Kiel, who in reality was drafted by the San Diego Chargers. He meant to say Terrence McGee.

I reported it to ESPN. That moron.

Comment

• baalworship
      • May 2003

Does anyone remember when these pundits told us that Buffalo was having the best off-season? Peerless Price traded for a draft pick was considered brilliant. Well, we drafted Willis McGahee! Now the sky HAS to be falling on our Buffalo franchise because we drafted Willis McGahee over William Joseph or Chris Kelsay. The ESPN Gods had already spoken at the draft.

IF we had drafted William Joseph at #23 we would be competing for first in the AFC East...But since we drafted a running back that we "don't need" Takeo Spikes, Jeff Posey, Sam Adams, Izell Reese, Keith Mckenzie, Marcus Jones, Chris Kelsay, Dainon Sidney, Campbell, Bobby Shaw, and Sam Gash don't count.

Sounds reasonable.

Comment

• Schobel94
        The Sack Master
        • Jan 2003

He says "Reed (514 yds, 2 TDs)" but then "Reed had 11 catches (one for a touchdown) in the first two games, and then just 26 in the final 14 contests and no scores." 2 TD's, but only one score? lol, the dudes a moron, Reed had a TD vs. Denver, god i wish that man shot.
        Beware the sack master!

Comment

• lordofgun
          in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
          • Jul 2002

Welcome baalworship! Nicely put.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
            • Jul 2002

Great post! Welcome aboard baalworship!

These "pundits" just regurgitate whatever they hear elsewhwere.

Very few (Like Clayton) can give you a decent breakdown that makes sense.

Comment

• Tatonka
              • Jul 2002

i really dont think that they ripped us.. they basically stated the truth, which is we play in an incredibly tough division, and it WILL be tough to add 2 more wins.. 10-6 with our schedule is not easy... the division winner could be 9-7 very easily.

all that matters is what happens on the field.

welcome aboard baalworship.. what does your name mean?
              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• baalworship
                • May 2003

What's up Dozerdog! Glad to be here. I haven't read the Clayton thing yet. Is it on ESPN yet?

Comment

• baalworship
                  • May 2003

Lord of Gun & Tatonka what's up! I have read some of your posts on Finheaven, Tatonka. I am a lurker there at times. Keep those tuna on their toes?!

As for my name: BAAL: Pagan God of Fertility

I originally wanted to start an experimental band with Baalworship as the name. But I gave up on that idea and now use it as my internet alter ego.

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by baalworship
                    What's up Dozerdog! Glad to be here. I haven't read the Clayton thing yet. Is it on ESPN yet?
                    Clayton did a small piece in the article above. Generally, he's very informative, both on the website and on his TV/Radio appearances.

Comment

• baalworship
                      • May 2003

I think Clayton's a reasonable bloke. But why does ESPN always have him and Sean Salisbury get into shouting matches that end with Salisbury making fun of him? Are they trying to do a PTI / Around The Horn thing? Because Clayton looks like he's not enjoying himself when it happens...

Comment

• Cntrygal
                        Visually stunning but camera-shy.
                        • Jul 2002

Welcome baalworship!!! :)

(Can I call ya baal for short? )
                        Originally posted by notacon
                        The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• The Natrix
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by baalworship
                          Does anyone remember when these pundits told us that Buffalo was having the best off-season? Peerless Price traded for a draft pick was considered brilliant. Well, we drafted Willis McGahee! Now the sky HAS to be falling on our Buffalo franchise because we drafted Willis McGahee over William Joseph or Chris Kelsay. The ESPN Gods had already spoken at the draft.

IF we had drafted William Joseph at #23 we would be competing for first in the AFC East...But since we drafted a running back that we "don't need" Takeo Spikes, Jeff Posey, Sam Adams, Izell Reese, Keith Mckenzie, Marcus Jones, Chris Kelsay, Dainon Sidney, Campbell, Bobby Shaw, and Sam Gash don't count.

Sounds reasonable.
                          beautiful post. I like you (as a poster).

Byrd.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Cntrygal
                            Welcome baalworship!!! :)

(Can I call ya baal for short? )

Can I call you cnt for short?

BTW, What does dozerdog mean anyhow?

Comment

• Cntrygal
                              Visually stunning but camera-shy.
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart

Can I call you cnt for short?

And to think I defended you the other day in another thread... (on how nice you are)
                              Originally posted by notacon
                              The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

Working...
                              X