PDA

View Full Version : PAC 10 Preview

MelK
05-26-2003, 06:36 PM
Wednesday, May 21

Offenses shine in spring, but is there enough defense?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By Brad Edwards
Special to ESPN.com

Despite losing Carson Palmer, Jason Gesser and Kyle Boller, the conference still has two of the nation's top quarterbacks in Cody Pickett and Andrew Walter. And it still has two of the best receivers in Reggie Williams and Mike Williams. Offense has never been a problem in the Pac-10, which is why it is consistently the most exciting and unpredictable conference in America. Defense still wins championships, however, and that's what has USC and Washington State feeling good about their chances to remain on top.

http://espn.go.com/ncf/s/2003/0517/1555359.html

MelK
05-26-2003, 07:15 PM
Trojans make offer to Hayward standout

www.USCFootball.com

Monday, May 19 2003

DE Phillip Mbakogu of Hayward (Calif.) High School, 6-foot-3, 260 pounds, posted 78 tackles, 17 sacks and four forced fumbles last season as a junior. He has already received scholarship offers from Washington, California, Utah, Utah State, UNLV, USC, Oregon and Oregon State, as well as mail from about 30 other schools. "Distance won't really be a factor," Mbakogu said. "I'll look at the majors offered, comfort with the coaches, school and program, as well as how I'll fit in the program."

MelK
05-26-2003, 07:16 PM
Bruins keeping watch on Tresvant, Carpenter

www.BruinBlitz.com
Monday, May 19 2003

The Bruins are taking a long look at CB Randy Tresvant (5-foot-9, 175 pounds) from La Puente (Calif.) Bassett. Not only is Tresvant a solid cover man, he's also a lethal kick returner. "I know what a D-I corner looks like," Bassett coach Pete Smolin said. "And Randy is one. He's the real deal."...QB Rudy Carpenter (6-foot-3, 190 pounds) from Westlake, Calif., is also being watched by UCLA. "I think he could be the best quarterback in the state," Westlake coach Jim Benkert said.