PDA

View Full Version : Jason Garrett

PECKERWOOD
09-28-2009, 01:21 PM
Should be our next head coach. :up:

trapezeus
09-28-2009, 01:22 PM
no thanks. i'm done with taking flyers on coordinators who are mildly successful. Garrett actually sucked in the back end of last season. The cowboys want him...they can have him.

Bring in Gruden or Cowher. Anything less is uncivilized.

PECKERWOOD
09-28-2009, 01:27 PM
no thanks. i'm done with taking flyers on coordinators who are mildly successful. Garrett actually sucked in the back end of last season. The cowboys want him...they can have him.

Bring in Gruden or Cowher. Anything less is uncivilized.

I'm just not entirely sure that hiring a high profile head coach is the best route to go, that sort of hiring never pans out. Only high profile coach I'd take a flyer on is Tony Dungy, otherwise I want a new, revolutionary offensive minded head coach. This is the new trend in the NFL, Jim Harbaugh with the Ravens, Sean Payton with the Saints, Mike McCarthy with the Packers, Josh McDaniels with the Broncos, Tony Sparano with the Dolphins. I'm for hiring a high profile offensive mind, but not a high profile head coach. I say follow the trend, it's been very successful lately.

billsTOfan
09-28-2009, 01:43 PM
Grudan

trapezeus
09-28-2009, 01:51 PM
gruden, originally in my mind wasn't a good choice. but i think he can work with trent. he's a disaster when he doesn't have his QB situation set up.

I think his type of presence in a close game would cut out those penalties, bench roscoe for not knowing the playbook and make everyone accountable.