PDA

View Full Version : I hate being a Bills fan

Prov401
09-28-2009, 01:53 PM
Just so everyone knows, I'm as big a Bills fan as anybody on this board. I eat, breath, and sleep Buffalo Bill football. My heart aches for this team. I miss the days where we weren't laughed at, critisized, and ridiculed. I miss Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas, Andre Reed, and Bruce Smith. I miss great coaching, and great schemes. However, it is clear to me that we will get nowhere with the coaches we have now. Instead of being a win one lose one team, I am hoping we suck from here on out. I'm sorry, but it is for the better.

You know what's funny? For 6 days and 21 hours throughout the week, I'll still agree and feel with what I am currently writing right now. However, the love for football, and my team will prevail as I will cheer them throughout each game, every single week. But we NEED to get rid of Dick Jauron. We NEED to get rid of Perry Fewell and the Cover 2. We NEED to gut this team from the inside out. We BETTER break the bank for Cowher, Shanahan, Billick, Schottenheimer, or Gruden. We have some of the most passionate fans in the NFL, and it's a shame that we have to witness mediocrity for a whole decade. It's a shame we get fooled with how great we look one week, and how s***** we look the next. I hate being a Bills fan right now. We need a big overhaul next year. Hit me with the 'It's only one game man, chill out' comments. No, we are not making the playoffs this year people. We will be 7-9 once again. The decade of Mediocirty NEEDS to come to an end.

trapezeus
09-28-2009, 02:09 PM
99% right in this thread.

no way this team overacheives to 7-9.

billsTOfan
09-28-2009, 02:13 PM
It could be worse, look at how bad the Titans and Browns have played. Both of those teams were expected to better than us.

Prov401
09-28-2009, 02:24 PM
It could be worse, look at how bad the Titans and Browns have played. Both of those teams were expected to better than us.

At least the Titans make the playoffs frequently. The Browns are always expected to suck, and still managed a playoff appearance this decade.

Mudflap1
09-28-2009, 02:25 PM
It's going to get worse. Poz is out indefinitely, McKelvin likely for the year. Whitner is hurt (just as he was playing better). Scott is hurt. T.O. looks like he forgot how to play football. Edwards is a glorified Kelly Holcomb (Captain Checkdown). The offensive line just got exposed by Gregg Williams, so other teams are going to catch on.

This season is going to be a trainwreck. An organizational overhaul needs to take place. A real GM/talent evaluator needs to be brought in. Next, that real GM needs to choose a real head coach that would REALISTICALLY come to a trainwreck of a franchise. Someone like Brian Billick, maybe Jon Gruden, maybe Marty Schottenheimer. I believe the defense is actually not horrendously built for a Cover 2. They have kept the teams in the games. But the offense needs a complete remodeling. It just isn't cutting it the way it is now. Seven points at home against an average to mediocre defense is embarrassing, and the only reason a touchdown was scored was because of a fake FG.

It has gotten to the point where I watch the games with my dad, but we have to keep telling ourselves not to get emotionally attached during the game, and just hope the Bills can stay competitive as long as possible. For instance, we were mildly happy and having a decent time watching the game for three quarters, because the Bills were at least "in it" against a good team. All the while, we were expecting the inevitable collapse, and when it happened, we went out of our way several times to just keep telling ourselves "it's just going to happen, it will end with another one or two touchdowns scored by New Orleans, no reason to get upset about it". That's what life as a Bills fan has become. "Serenity Now".

SquishDaFish
09-28-2009, 02:32 PM
Im also sick and tired. Pissed off and am acc hoping TO explodes on the sideline at least someone will show emotion because you know Dick wont.

christhebillsfan783
09-28-2009, 02:44 PM
If only our posts were read by the FO. The sad thing is they know how badly they are screwing us over every year and they do nothing but make the team "seem" good enough to fill the seats once again with the desperate fans of buffalo who only want to see their team have a winning season or maybe just maybe bring a playoff game to buffalo for the first time in over a decade and a half!

ddaryl
09-28-2009, 03:14 PM
"Thank you Mr. Wilson can we have another"

I'm starting to like the pain

Cntrygal
09-28-2009, 06:59 PM
I want the Bills to win. I hope that the Bills will win.

I never expect the Bills to win.

BillsWin
09-28-2009, 07:08 PM
I hate the team right now. I still think they can go 10-6 but something drastic has to happen. With our starters dropping like flies we may as well get ready for the draft.

Mr. Miyagi
09-28-2009, 07:38 PM
I think we all die a little as Bills fans each day.

jpdex12
09-28-2009, 09:49 PM
honestly I was thinking that the Zoner that started this thread would get blasted and told to go root for some other team but instead everyone is saying the same thing that I would also say and have been thinking for the past two years about this team. It's gotten so that I just don't care as much.
we are all getting used to watching a crap team and then we bring aboard some curious talent that we latch on to and find hope in all for nothing. After ten years of watching this team blow the pain is just like a bad back...you learn to live with the pain.

When will good things come back to us? I know the answer but can't wait for the answer!

topher180
09-28-2009, 11:16 PM
honestly I was thinking that the Zoner that started this thread would get blasted and told to go root for some other team but instead everyone is saying the same thing that I would also say and have been thinking for the past two years about this team. It's gotten so that I just don't care as much.
we are all getting used to watching a crap team and then we bring aboard some curious talent that we latch on to and find hope in all for nothing. After ten years of watching this team blow the pain is just like a bad back...you learn to live with the pain.

When will good things come back to us? I know the answer but can't wait for the answer!

Some idiot will do the "go root for another team" bit....it's because they lack meaning in their life, and gives them a sense of entitlement. For the rest of us, even the most optimistic fan is looking at a glass that's half empty. I ache for this fanbase. Disappointment after disappointment, they suck you in when they aren't expected to win, only to push a dagger through your chest at the end. They play down to bad teams, generally win, thus giving just enough hope for the following week. They rarely win on the road, and by and large fold when the chips are down and a ball game has significant ramifications.

The biggest joke of all of this is indicative of the real problem, which is our owner and "management staff". It's much, much bigger than these individual let downs. Please tell me, how can a team go 10 years without going to the playoffs in the free agency era? You would think they would luck box into at least a wild card game. Nope. Too much ineptitude for even then. And we still, like the abused girlfriend, make up excuses. We listen to sports radio, go to training camp, buy merch, and still sell out that beautiful stadium. For some, a Bills game once a year is a treat, especially those who cannot afford much more than that when its all said and done. Imagine if you were one of those people and this was the game you spent your hard earned money on.

Dejected. I'm a real fan, but I'm dejected, and I have every right to be.

Mudflap1
09-28-2009, 11:27 PM
There are no more excuses. The reason this team has failed for 10 years is because the front office stinks. The Bills need real front office guys running the show. Russ Brandon is not a general manager. Tom Modrak is hit and miss with the draft, at best. He needs to go. John Guy has a horrible record of evaluating the free agents we have brought in. And those guys (with Marv Levy) picked out Dick Jauron. Jauron may be a really bright, nice fella, but he's not a great football coach. That being said, I can't completely blame Jauron, because it's hard to win when your draft record is spotty at best, and the free agents brought in generally stink up the joint.

It starts with the front office. Wilson needs to clean all those guys out and bring in SOMEONE who is a talent evaluator that can run a front office. For instance, Miami bringing in Bill Parcells was a good idea. He at least was able to gather the GM, head coach, etc. Miami had a great season last year while rebuilding talent. They aren't off to a good start this year, but they have some pieces in place already and are building towards the future. Wilson tried to do that with Marv Levy, but the dirty little secret about that is that Marv, while he did a wonderful job as coach, wasn't the guy the main personnel guy during the Bills' run in the 90s, and wasn't the guy that picked out the head coach, that guy was Bill Polian. Marv was brought in a couple of years ago over the hill, and put in a position that he didn't have previous experience with. Parcells had dual roles with the teams he was with.

SabreEleven
09-28-2009, 11:37 PM
The good news is that the decade of losing is almost over..the bad news: it's because the decade is almost over :(

Meathead
09-29-2009, 12:04 AM
lmao s11

its like ritualistically cutting yourself but without the blood

Marvelous
09-29-2009, 12:43 AM
Thread Starter, comes down to this::: Do the Bills need to win for YOU to be a fan? If so then don't let the door hit ya..

-If we ever did lose our team(knock wood), there wouldn't be a 1 of us who wouldn't dream of our bissmal .500 seaosons..

--Marvelous/Steven "Winning is a perk!"

Prov401
09-29-2009, 12:58 AM
Previous poster, obviously you just either read my headline, or are just anxious and up for a challenge at being the only one to create an argument on this thread. I'm as big a Bills fan as anybody.

To answer your one question, "Do the Bills need to win for YOU to be a fan?"

Think for a second. Obviously the answer is no. I'm still a fan after all of these years. I still love my team even though they suck. I still come on Billszone and discuss Buffalo Bill football because I love my team. My heart bled in '99'. I couldn't sleep after the last 3 MNF games we've played. When Bledsoe couldn't beat Pittsburgh's 3rd stringers for a playoff birth, I knocked the television off of it's stand. After 10 years of horrible football, I am still here. If winning is the case, I'd a jumped ship years ago. I am as passionate about this team as anybody. Do they need to win for me to be a fan? No, and if you read the first 3 sentences at the begining of paragraph 2 in the original post, maybe you'll understand where I'm coming from. To sum it all up... I'm a pissed off, die-hard Buffalo Bills fan.

Marvelous
09-29-2009, 01:02 AM
I wouldn't post a thread title insinuating that i'm soo annoyed that i'm gonna flirt w/ the one hting i have control over " loyalty".

-I'm not saying you lack this. In fact i'll say YOU DON'T. But why dance about in the title. To prove i'm NOT seeking arguments i'll let it go w/ agreeing i posted 90% based on the title.

Prov401
09-29-2009, 01:03 AM
I wouldn't post a thread title insinuating that i'm soo annoyed that i'm gonna flirt w/ the one hting i have control over " loyalty".

-I'm not saying you lack this. In fact i'll say YOU DON'T. But why dance about in the title. To prove i'm NOT seeking arguments i'll let it go w/ agreeing i posted 90% based on the title.

As I knew you did. This is why I listened to my 2nd grade library teacher when she said, "Don't judge a book by it's cover."

unpaid_bills
09-29-2009, 08:31 AM
but its so hard to win in the NFL we just dont understand. The team is giving their effort in practice, the games (although many bystanders would argue vs the Saints they quit at the end at least it appeared that way).

Who are the leaders of this team? What is the team identiity, they run a sort of 3 and out no huddle. It is very frustrating because on paper we have talent, that only goes so far.

trapezeus
09-29-2009, 08:42 AM
you know what is so pathetic? the fact that as fans we have set the bar so incredibly low for the team. At this point, we just want to get to the playoffs. Not a superbowl. not a ring. Just get us to the playoffs, and they refuse to get the talent/coaching to make that possible.

And i have a feeling after this week, we are going to reset the bar even lower and just ask to beat an AFC east team. And they'll still keep jauron there. JAURON NEEDS TO GO. This is insulting. No other team asks for as little as we do. The lions fans got rid of their dead weight...and their city is literally falling apart. Don't tell me can't get better talent and better coaches and a legitimate GM.