PDA

View Full Version : Big East Preview

MelK
05-26-2003, 06:39 PM
Monday, May 12
Updated: May 19, 2:26 PM ET

Big East more than just Miami, Va. Tech

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By Brad Edwards
Special to ESPN.com

Over the last three seasons, no other conference comes close to the Big East's 11-4 bowl record, proving that there's much more to this league than Miami and Virginia Tech. The programs at Pittsburgh and Boston College have steadily improved in recent years and established themselves in the Top 25. Meanwhile, Syracuse and West Virginia have each produced a second-place Big East finish in the last two seasons. The conference has strength and depth, and a quick look at the rosters indicates that this could be another banner year.

http://espn.go.com/ncf/s/2003/0512/1552668.html

MelK
05-26-2003, 07:01 PM
Syracuse Orangemen
Orange battle BC for standout defensive end
Syracusefan.com Staff
Monday, May 19 2003
DE Jerry Willette of Mansfield, Mass., is one of the top pass rushers in the region and has a good combination of speed and strength. Boston College, Syracuse, Michigan, Michigan State and Virginia Tech are the early leaders for the 6-foot-5, 240-pounder. "Boston College and probably Syracuse are my top two," he said. "BC has offered me a scholarship and I've been to both campuses. They're very different but each left a very positive impression on me. I talked to the coaches while I was there. I don't really have a timeframe for my decision either. That will just play itself out in it's own time."

www.Syracusefan.com

MelK
05-26-2003, 07:03 PM
Miami Hurricanes
Lackawanna lineman to join Hurricanes

www.CaneSport.com

Monday, May 19 2003
Lackawanna Junior College lineman Tyler McMean has committed to Miami and plans to enroll for the spring semester of the 2003-04 season. Former UM star lineman Bryant McKinnie also came from Lackawanna. McMeans is 23, having spent four years in the Marines after he couldn't qualify for admission to a major college when he graduated from Clarion High School.

MelK
05-26-2003, 07:04 PM
Boston College Eagles
Campus visit makes impression on Willette

www.EagleAction.com

Monday, May 19 2003
DE Jerry Willette of Mansfield, Mass., is one of the top pass rushers in the region and has a good combination of speed and strength. Boston College, Syracuse, Michigan, Michigan State and Virginia Tech are the early leaders for the 6-foot-5, 240-pounder. "Boston College and probably Syracuse are my top two," he said. "BC has offered me a scholarship and I've been to both campuses. They're very different but each left a very positive impression on me. I talked to the coaches while I was there. I don't really have a timeframe for my decision either. That will just play itself out in it's own time."