PDA

View Full Version : 39 Straight Games with No 300 Yard Passing Games

raphael120
09-28-2009, 03:22 PM
Schopp just mentioned that on WGR right now.

I don't even have to think about it that hard, but yeah, that's right. And it's pathetic. Are there any other teams out there with that kind of streak?

Kolb has thrown for 2 this season thus far.

One of those against the Saints.

RockStar36
09-28-2009, 03:24 PM
Schopp just mentioned that on WGR right now.

I don't even have to think about it that hard, but yeah, that's right. And it's pathetic. Are there any other teams out there with that kind of streak?

And those were Kolb's only career starts. He is 2 for 2 right now.

psubills62
09-28-2009, 03:25 PM
I thought the only important stat was W/L? In that respect Kolb is 1-1. Absolutely breathtaking....

ddaryl
09-28-2009, 03:25 PM
I'm not quite sure but I think there is a pattern developing

psubills62
09-28-2009, 03:26 PM
Edwards wouldn't have needed to pass for 300 yards to win yesterday. If he passes for 250, we probably win.

The King
09-28-2009, 03:27 PM
If he threw the ball in the endzone we might have won.

HHURRICANE
09-28-2009, 03:30 PM
That is a horrible stat and tells you something that doesn't have to do with the QB but our coaching.

Jauron is a flaming idiot!

Philagape
09-28-2009, 04:00 PM

And they got killed in that game.

Passing yards may be the most overrated stat in football. The stat a winning team wants is rushing yards.

raphael120
09-28-2009, 04:07 PM
And they got killed in that game.

Passing yards may be the most overrated stat in football. The stat a winning team wants is rushing yards.
Really? Did the Cardinals or the Steelers rely on running games to make it to the Super Bowl?

Passing yards stats are not overrated. They show how well your QB can respond when his number is called. When the run game is not working, when the game needs to be won through the air, when a team is down 2 scores, you're not going to rush your way back into the game. I'd rather Edwards put up yards and utilize our starting WR's that cost 1 MILLION DOLLARS A WEEK combined and us lose by 20 than Edwards not able to complete a single meaningful pass to a starting WR and lose by 2.

Philagape
09-28-2009, 04:20 PM
Really? Did the Cardinals or the Steelers rely on running games to make it to the Super Bowl?

Passing yards stats are not overrated. They show how well your QB can respond when his number is called. When the run game is not working, when the game needs to be won through the air, when a team is down 2 scores, you're not going to rush your way back into the game. I'd rather Edwards put up yards and utilize our starting WR's that cost 1 MILLION DOLLARS A WEEK combined and us lose by 20 than Edwards not able to complete a single meaningful pass to a starting WR and lose by 2.

I'd rather win.

A team that's down two scores late in the game is usually going to lose. A team that throws a lot usually does so because they're losing.

Here are the top-rushing teams from last year and their records:
1. Giants 12-4
2. Falcons 11-5
3. Panthers 12-4
4. Ravens 11-5
5. Vikings 10-6
6. Patriots 11-5
7. Titans 13-3

Here are the top-passing teams from last year and their records:
1. Saints 8-8
2. Cardinals 9-7
3. Broncos 8-8
4. Texans 8-8
5. Colts 12-4
6. Eagles 9-6-1
7. Chargers 8-8

I guess that must be a coincidence that the top rushing teams win more.

You have a keen eye for exceptions.

Pinkerton Security
09-28-2009, 04:22 PM
That is a horrible stat and tells you something that doesn't have to do with the QB but our coaching.

I actually agree with you here, I think this stat is more indicative of our scheme than anything else.

DraftBoy
09-28-2009, 04:26 PM

Yes because every passing play we call involves no deep routes what so ever...wait a second...

Philagape
09-28-2009, 04:33 PM
Criticism for checking down too much is warranted, so there's no need for meaningless numbers with nice-looking zeros in them.