• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Juice Is Loose
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Feb 2009

This week is make-or-break

Miami swept us last year, its a road game, our back is against the wall.

I think that our defense, although not super, is not going to cost us any games. They are going to hold the opponents to scores that should be beaten. A bend but don't break defense requires 24+ ppg. Period.

Trent has been reluctant to throw the deep ball. Fred has had good yardage running the ball, and our line is inexperienced. This tells me that defenses are more than likely playing deep. And although I would like to see more aggression through the air, I wouldn't prefer multiple picks thrown into double coverage just to appease people that want it thrown deeper.

I think Marshawn coming back is a huge boost for us. Not only on the field but in our players heads. Let's be real, from the day he got here til the day we signed TO he was our best player. It's still debatable, and as much as I love Fred he doesn't have the explosiveness or power to KILL TEAMS.

Up until now, teams would crowd the LOS and stop Lynch. That was their primary mission. I think you will all see this week that if teams don't stack the line against this man he's going to make them pay in a way that Fred Jackson just can't do. We do need more creativity in our playcalling than we say vs. the Saints, but with Lynch back I fully expect 2 or more 20+ yard runs out of him. I can almost promise it.

We're going to beat the Fish. We have to. We absolutely must beat the Fish and split with the Jets and Pats to have a chance. There are wins on our schedule that we won't let slip.

Lets go Marshawn!
  • ddaryl
    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
    • Jan 2005

Re: This week is make-or-break

we'll beat the Dolphins because they are struggling and we do well against these types of teams... That's how we win 7 games a year

Comment

• Mad Bomber
      • Jul 2002

We'd better beat them. Twice. Chad Pennington is out for the year.

Comment

• The Juice Is Loose
        All-Pro Zoner
        • Feb 2009

i'm not even gonna argue man. i'm pretty demoralized right now too. i'm pretty low on trent and jauron, but not on most of our players. maybe i'm a homer but i still believe that from a talent standpoint our team isn't that far off.

i just hope with lynch back we get some heat. when we have had momentum we've done well. its not how you start, its how you finish. i'm not givin up til we have 5 losses, unless it's later in the year. We're 1-2...

Phins-W, Browns-W, Jets-W, Panthers-L, Texans-W, Bye, Titans-L, Jags-W, Dolphins-W, Jets-L, Chiefs-W, Pats-W, Falcons-L, Colts-W

10-6

Comment

• Scumbag College
          • Oct 2002

This is a big game, so is the week after against the Browns. Neither Miami or Cleveland has won yet, but I think these are the two biggest games of the year coming up. If the Bills want to be a playoff contender, these are the games they need to win.

I do expect the Dolphins to come out swinging though. After winning the AFC East last year and starting 0-3 losing to some good teams, their backs are against the wall. I think this is going to be a tough, close game.
          Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• Meathead
            Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
            • Jul 2002

this team needs to make a complete turnaround in their embedded culture to make the playoffs, and i seriously dont see that happening at this stage of the dickball era. that image is almost indelibly cast in stone at this point. i dont think he can be a good hc and should remain forever a dc

but any glimmer that they are going to start down that unlikely transformation starts with sweeping the fish. for that reason alone i will be marginally interested in this game

if they can do that then the next three steps are
            - easily beat the reeling browneyes
            - at least play solid (non-dick) ball vs the decent but overrated nyj if not win outright
            - win 5 of the next 7 against relatively easy teams (plus NYJ in TO)

that puts them at 8-5 with three games left and CHEATS, atlanta, COLTS on the sched, of which they have to win two to have a good shot at the playoffs

so clearly, their backs are already against the wall but they do have a string of very winnable games

for them to take advantage of that, dickball has to die, and i dont see that happening

we start to find out sunday
            One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Mudflap1
              Next Question!
              • Nov 2004

News flash: Week 1 against New England was make-or-break. That's when teams that are for real come out and finish games in which they play well for 55+ minutes.

Since Week 1's win was flushed down the toilet, Week 3 against New Orleans became somewhat of a make-or-break game for the same reasons as Week 1. Good teams show up and play well against the best of the best, not go 1-24 against teams with winning records (which is what the Jauron-era has produced the past 3+ seasons). Since the offense decided to completely not show up against a mediocre defense, the Bills are 0-2 in "make-or-break" games.

The bottom line: there is no make-or-break this week. Miami sucks, and the Bills can probably beat them. But the Bills are already broken.

Comment

• Mudflap1
                Next Question!
                • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Meathead
                this team needs to make a complete turnaround in their embedded culture to make the playoffs, and i seriously dont see that happening at this stage of the dickball era. that image is almost indelibly cast in stone at this point. i dont think he can be a good hc and should remain forever a dc

but any glimmer that they are going to start down that unlikely transformation starts with sweeping the fish. for that reason alone i will be marginally interested in this game

if they can do that then the next three steps are
                - easily beat the reeling browneyes
                - at least play solid (non-dick) ball vs the decent but overrated nyj if not win outright
                - win 5 of the next 7 against relatively easy teams (plus NYJ in TO)

that puts them at 8-5 with three games left and CHEATS, atlanta, COLTS on the sched, of which they have to win two to have a good shot at the playoffs

so clearly, their backs are already against the wall but they do have a string of very winnable games

for them to take advantage of that, dickball has to die, and i dont see that happening

we start to find out sunday
                Gregg Williams exposed a weak offensive line and a rookie offensive coordinator Sunday. Not a good sign for the rest of the season. The tendencies of AVP, TE, and the o-line are being picked up.

Comment

Working...
                X