PDA

View Full Version : Is John Gruden really coming in for a visit?

bills4ver
09-28-2009, 05:57 PM
Posted on another message board, people are talking about Former Coach Gruden coming to Buffalo tomorrow for a visit.

I would love for this to happen, but don't see it this early.

How can he even come in with a Head Coach still here?

What do you all think?

Coach Sal
09-28-2009, 05:58 PM
I think it's BS.

Joe Fo Sho
09-28-2009, 05:58 PM
Not a chance in hell.

ddaryl
09-28-2009, 06:00 PM
cruel rumors spread by hopeful, but delusional Bills fans.

Mudflap1
09-28-2009, 06:01 PM
So he's leaving Dallas after the game tonight (MNF) and flying to Buffalo to quit his MNF gig and take over this crappy Bills team? Really? He can't do better than this? He can't wait out the season and maybe go to Washington, Carolina, Cleveland, or Jacksonville?

SquishDaFish
09-28-2009, 06:02 PM
Stupid fans making up rumors. Our crappy owner woudlnt be that smart

Mad Bomber
09-28-2009, 06:02 PM
I think it's BS.
A whole wagon load full
http://www.campsilos.org/excursions/grout/two/litchfield_manure_wagon_lg.jpg

Meathead
09-28-2009, 06:03 PM
one fantastic move right now would be to hire an asst hc in charge of the offense

youd call it a consultant to the hc but everyone would know what it really was - the roaring light a fire under your ass this is your last chance or he takes your job consultant

Meathead
09-28-2009, 06:07 PM
why would gruden want to do that?
because he stands much more to gain than lose. chances are very low an offensive guru like him wouldnt have an observable positive impact on this stage of this offenses arrested development. so worst case he comes out strengthening his perceived qualifications and raising his profile for future hc jobs. best case he just slides right in when they launch the dick to the moon

wishful thinking at this point im afraid. but i think fantasy is all we gots for the time bean

Dr. Pepper
09-28-2009, 06:08 PM
100% rumor but hey, might as well start circulating them now.

Scumbag College
09-28-2009, 06:10 PM
I think he's on the same plane to Buffalo that Mike Vick was on.

Mudflap1
09-28-2009, 06:11 PM
I think he's on the same plane to Buffalo that Mike Vick was on.

:rofl:

bills4ver
09-28-2009, 06:12 PM
the only thing I could imagine is if he is coming in just for a sort of pre - interview. I still don't see it happening, but who would have thought we would sign TO

ddaryl
09-28-2009, 06:12 PM
Yep time to start the Cowher has been seen in Buffalo rumor.

My Uncle just flew in from Chicago on business, and Gruden was sitting 1st class on the plane. When they landed in Buffalo Cowher was quickly met and was seen getting in a stretch limo. My Uncle swears Brandon was in the back of the limo when he saw Cowher get in, but he wasn't 100% sure.

My Uncle wouldn't lie

Bufftp
09-28-2009, 06:14 PM
I heard Vince Lombardi was having a late lunch with Ralph in Detroit.....

Mudflap1
09-28-2009, 06:15 PM
Yep time to start the Cowher has been seen in Buffalo rumor.

My Uncle just flew in from Chicago on business, and Gruden was sitting 1st class on the plane. When they landed in Buffalo Cowher was quickly met and was seen getting in a stretch limo. My Uncle swears Brandon was in the back of the limo when he saw Cowher get in, but he wasn't 100% sure.

My Uncle wouldn't lie

Gruden AND Cowher! Co-head coaches??? WOW!!!

You forgot the part about Russ Brandon and Ralph Wilson waiting over at Denny's to wine and dine the boys, followed by a marathon of bingo contests and "Matlock" re-runs to round out the night...

The Juice Is Loose
09-28-2009, 06:18 PM
So he's leaving Dallas after the game tonight (MNF) and flying to Buffalo to quit his MNF gig and take over this crappy Bills team? Really? He can't do better than this? He can't wait out the season and maybe go to Washington, Carolina, Cleveland, or Jacksonville?

yeah, jacksonville and cleveland, real nfl cities.

unbelievable the things you guys say. don't be a bills fan since you hate them so much. god.

Mudflap1
09-28-2009, 06:20 PM
yeah, jacksonville and cleveland, real nfl cities.

unbelievable the things you guys say. don't be a bills fan since you hate them so much. god.

Jacksonville is in Florida and near where Gruden lives (Tampa Bay), which instantly makes it a more desireable location. That being said, they are probably moving to L.A. anyway, which would be much more desireable than Buffalo. Jacksonville also has a better team than the Bills.

Cleveland is not a real NFL city. Really? You're going to go there?

BillsWin
09-28-2009, 06:24 PM
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahhahahahaha! I love rumors like this!!!! :rofl:

DraftBoy
09-28-2009, 07:14 PM
John Gruden won't take any job till he sees what happens with Notre Dame and Charlie Weiss. He's made no secret about that being a dream job for him and if Weiss gets canned, he'll be first in line to submit his resume. No way do I see Gruden coming to Buffalo and possibly missing on Notre Dame.

Goobylal
09-28-2009, 07:27 PM
Cleveland won't fire Mangini after a year. Jax is a pathetic excuse for a football city. Washington has Snyder, enough said. The Carolina job will be Cowher's.

Forward_Lateral
09-28-2009, 07:42 PM
Why the hell would John Gruden want to coach the Buffalo Bills?

Hemlepp53
09-28-2009, 08:06 PM
Why the hell would John Gruden want to coach the Buffalo Bills?

A Job he Loves...... He wants to coach, he is still hungery and we have what it takes to win games on the field. Our # 1 weakness is on the sideline...

casdhf
09-28-2009, 09:00 PM
He was gushing all over us during the Monday night game.

BillsWin
09-28-2009, 09:03 PM
:link:

DraftBoy
09-28-2009, 09:14 PM
A Job he Loves...... He wants to coach, he is still hungery and we have what it takes to win games on the field. Our # 1 weakness is on the sideline...

The job he loves and wants is the one in South Bend first and foremost. I dont doubt he'd be interested in the Buffalo job but I can't see him jumping at it with South Bend potentially being open.

BertSquirtgum
09-28-2009, 09:23 PM
i have always liked gruden. he has some real fire and passion for the game. i believe he would be a good fit for this team full of pussies. that being said, this rumor is a load of horsesheit.

Tiburon1724
09-28-2009, 10:42 PM
Granted he's an improvement over Jauron...almost anyone would be...but he's not a great coach. Dungy built the Super Bowl Bucs, Gruden rode his coattails and the team then fell apart. And he sure built a winner in Oakland!

Mudflap1
09-28-2009, 10:45 PM
I guess Jon Gruden is rushing to the DFW airport right now to catch a late flight to Buffalo?

ddaryl
09-29-2009, 08:01 AM
I guess Jon Gruden is rushing to the DFW airport right now to catch a late flight to Buffalo?

GOD I hope so !!!!

Forward_Lateral
09-29-2009, 08:53 AM
I should've rephrased my question. Why the hell would Gruden want to coach the Bills for 500k a year?

TheBrownBear
09-29-2009, 09:09 AM
Rumor is gaining traction. Just spoke to my buddy who's fresh out of rehab. He was at Mighty Taco after a late night at the bars last night and he swears he saw Gruden and Langston Walker each with their own "Mighty Pack." Yeah, this guy broke into my car and sold my stereo system for drug money, but he's my boy and he wouldn't do me wrong with important info like this.

RockStar36
09-29-2009, 09:12 AM
He was gushing all over us during the Monday night game.

He gushes over everybody and everything on every MNF game.

PECKERWOOD
09-29-2009, 09:58 AM
We need to steal Jason Garrett from the Cowboys, in the same way that the Saints stole Sean Payton away from Ole Jerry. :clap:

RockStar36
09-29-2009, 10:01 AM
We need to steal Jason Garrett from the Cowboys, in the same way that the Saints stole Sean Payton away from Ole Jerry. :clap:

Yeah, Garrett is awesome. Especially in that sequence last night when he called two consecutive fade patterns into the end zone and cost the Cowboys a touchdown.

NO THANKS.

yordad
09-29-2009, 11:43 AM
He was gushing all over us during the Monday night game.Ewww. I like him, but I don't want him gushing on me.

ddaryl
09-29-2009, 11:46 AM
Ewww. I like him, but I don't want him gushing on me.

sure you post that here, but at home when you think no one is looking its a different story :whistling

j/k

DraftBoy
09-29-2009, 11:47 AM

God no, the man is in love with the pass and despite have the best stable of backs in the entire league (being three deep) he refuses to use them properly.

Garrett would be a huge mistake!

DraftBoy
09-29-2009, 11:47 AM
Yeah, Garrett is awesome. Especially in that sequence last night when he called two consecutive fade patterns into the end zone and cost the Cowboys a touchdown.

NO THANKS.

Bingo! Choice should of gotten both of those carries, he was running well.

And why the hell do you throw the second fade to Martellus Bennett? That made no sense at all.

Mahdi
09-29-2009, 11:57 AM
Bingo! Choice should of gotten both of those carries, he was running well.

And why the hell do you throw the second fade to Martellus Bennett? That made no sense at all.
So he made a couple of calls that didn't work. Not a big deal.

Overall the guy runs a very good offense, always productive, and puts points on the board.

I think the calls he made with their next trip to the goal line were very nice play calls and they got into the endzone easily.

DraftBoy
09-29-2009, 11:59 AM
So he made a couple of calls that didn't work. Not a big deal.

Overall the guy runs a very good offense, always productive, and puts points on the board.

I think the calls he made with their next trip to the goal line were very nice play calls and they got into the endzone easily.

A couple?? Seriously tell me you don't think one glaring example is all I got. How about the fact that Dallas has fallen apart like clockwork every December. The fact that they are unable to be consistent despite having more star talent than any other team in the NFCE. Please Garrett is one of the biggest things holding Dallas back right now. Most Cowboys fans can't stand him. One of the worst play callers IVe seen.

yordad
09-29-2009, 12:29 PM
sure you post that here, but at home when you think no one is looking its a different story :whistling

j/kLOL, I'm cloaked in internet anonymity, no one is looking.

Mahdi
09-29-2009, 01:27 PM
A couple?? Seriously tell me you don't think one glaring example is all I got. How about the fact that Dallas has fallen apart like clockwork every December. The fact that they are unable to be consistent despite having more star talent than any other team in the NFCE. Please Garrett is one of the biggest things holding Dallas back right now. Most Cowboys fans can't stand him. One of the worst play callers IVe seen.
NFL ppl who talk about him usually do so in glowing terms. Dallas falls apart as a team and I highly doubt it falls squarely on Garrett.

Pretty sure Dallas was one botched snap away from going to the NFC championship game.

Night Train
09-30-2009, 03:22 AM
Dallas hasn't won a playoff game since 1996 and I don't want anyone from that team. Last year in the playoff deciding finale against the Eagles, they lost 44-6. It's how you finish.

Although I'm actually frightened over who the Bills might think is a better alternative.