PDA

View Full Version : Remember this?

homeslice5484
09-28-2009, 06:33 PM
I am in no way saying I want JP back in Buffalo...but do you remember when you could get excited, jump out of your chair and watch this unfold?!? Letting your playmaker make a play?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sxkXH6gZ08

Have we gotten better since he left? Now were good at short passing and suck at anything over 5 yards.

homeslice5484
09-28-2009, 06:56 PM
or this? http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d80b68e5e/J-P-Losman-Highlight-WK-05-vs-Cardinals-2008

hydro
09-28-2009, 06:58 PM
You like hitting the hornets nest with a baseball bat don't you? :ill:

homeslice5484
09-28-2009, 07:01 PM
Hey im not a JP homer, I did like JP the person, but you gotta admit he had 2 qualities:

1. Great deep ball
2. and he was a ****y SOB but he at least told you how he felt!

He let his guy make a play...could you imagine him throwing that ball to TO and Lee?

k-oneputt
09-28-2009, 07:04 PM
JP didn't work for our pussy coach. Our coach likes conservative and three yard passes to out tight end.

homeslice5484
09-28-2009, 07:09 PM
So now is it the qbs or the coach? Jauron picked a clone of himself and look what we got

Michael82
09-28-2009, 07:09 PM
I just want our QB to learn how to evade the pass rush for a bit and then throw the ball to his receivers in stride. For some dumb reason, Trent can't do that and the moment he feels any kind of pressure, dumps it off immediately. :ill:

realdealryan
09-28-2009, 07:22 PM
JP made the right decision 20% of the time. A portion of those connected deep, which was fun to watch. I don't presume to be a better talent evaluator than EVERY NFL TEAM, so I'll agree that JP sucked.

Trent is still better, but he REALLY needs to get over only throwing the ball IN FRONT OF OR OVER THE HEAD OF defenders. Lack of vision, confidence........whatever it is, AVP needs to diagnose and cure. Stat.

homeslice5484
09-28-2009, 07:24 PM
JP made the right decision 20% of the time. A portion of those connected deep, which was fun to watch. I don't presume to be a better talent evaluator than EVERY NFL TEAM, so I'll agree that JP sucked.

Trent is still better, but he REALLY needs to get over only throwing the ball IN FRONT OF OR OVER THE HEAD OF defenders. Lack of vision, confidence........whatever it is, AVP needs to diagnose and cure. Stat.

Thats the point..im not saying JP is better...but that JP did 2 things well:

1. Took chances deep, too many in some cases that he forgot about the short pass
2. He was a ****y SOB that told you how he felt

Michael82
09-28-2009, 07:25 PM
If only we could put them both into a machine and merge them into one QB. :sigh:

homeslice5484
09-28-2009, 07:30 PM
yes that would be a perfect QB

Mr. Miyagi
09-28-2009, 07:36 PM
I just want our QB to learn how to evade the pass rush for a bit and then throw the ball to his receivers in stride. For some dumb reason, Trent can't do that and the moment he feels any kind of pressure, dumps it off immediately. :ill:
Kelly Holcomb :ill:

Michael82
09-28-2009, 08:07 PM
Kelly Holcomb :ill:
Exactly! :ill:

justasportsfan
09-28-2009, 08:20 PM
Trent has the brain but JP had the guts.

DMBcrew36
09-28-2009, 08:59 PM
Trent has a higher football IQ, but JP had balls and a damn strong arm. I'm not saying Trent's arm is weak, but no one can argue that Trent can throw throw a deep ball as well as JP.

M
09-28-2009, 09:13 PM
I miss screaming "JP to Lee!!"

Joe Fo Sho
09-28-2009, 10:35 PM
Man, that was back when Bills football was exciting.

Trent is boring.

billsTOfan
09-28-2009, 11:35 PM
JP couldn't even get a job as a 3rd string QB lol. Have you seen how many bad QB's there are in the league as backups.

billsTOfan
09-28-2009, 11:36 PM

Trent is boring.

Exciting? We never made the playoffs with JP. O Gawd.

BertSquirtgum
09-28-2009, 11:46 PM
trent sucks dicks balls

Philagape
09-28-2009, 11:58 PM
Trent has a higher football IQ, but JP had balls and a damn strong arm. I'm not saying Trent's arm is weak, but no one can argue that Trent can throw throw a deep ball as well as JP.

Actually Trent's deep balls are more accurate.

realdealryan
09-29-2009, 08:51 AM

Trent is boring.

5-11 wasn't exciting. I didn't watch the last couple of games that year.

trapezeus
09-29-2009, 08:53 AM
the infatuation with the long pass here is pathetic.

we need the 15-20 yard pass in our arsenal. that jet's game, that was an underthrown pass that evans managed to win. It's exciting, but i'd rather take a team that can move the chains. at this point, penalties and an unimaginative offense in game three killed us.

DMBcrew36
09-29-2009, 08:55 AM

Meh, depends how deep we're talking. If you're talking intermediate, then yeah, maybe I would agree. If we're talking throwing a bomb, Trent can't get the distance and velocity that JP could.

yordad
09-29-2009, 08:57 AM
I think with a better coaching staff JP would be better then Trent. I have very little doubt.

realdealryan
09-29-2009, 08:59 AM

JP wildly underthrew as many as he hit. Like the Jets game a couple of years ago where Lee took the ball away from the two defenders, JP's long passes were very inconsistent.

I think Trent is typically more accurate deep, despite probably being capable of 5-10 yards less of ultimate arm strength.

By all of this logic, we should go find Jeff George, too, right? I guarantee he can heave it 50 yards sitting on his back, is still ****ier than JP, and will tell you how he feels, and suck on the field.

TheBrownBear
09-29-2009, 09:14 AM
Please. Let's give this a rest. Can't we all just agree that all of our QBs have sucked ass since Flutie?

And I love this revisionist history with Losman. Losman sucked from the very moment he donned a Bills uniform. Remember that wonderful first interception he threw right at the Patriots linebacker? Well, it didn't get much better from there. A handful of nice bombs and one average season. JP even sucked in college and was not a competitor. He was UCLA's prized recruit and he transferred as soon as he realized he would have to compete for the job. Guy is a brainless wimp. He'll suck in the UFL and we can finally put this to rest.

DMBcrew36
09-29-2009, 09:15 AM
JP wildly underthrew as many as he hit. Like the Jets game a couple of years ago where Lee took the ball away from the two defenders, JP's long passes were very inconsistent.

I think Trent is typically more accurate deep, despite probably being capable of 5-10 yards less of ultimate arm strength.

By all of this logic, we should go find Jeff George, too, right? I guarantee he can heave it 50 yards sitting on his back, is still ****ier than JP, and will tell you how he feels, and suck on the field.

Daunte Culpepper... he can definitely heave the ball down the length of the field.

justasportsfan
09-29-2009, 09:17 AM

Rob Johnson is the franchise's most accurate passer.

TacklingDummy
09-29-2009, 09:21 AM
5-11 wasn't exciting. I didn't watch the last couple of games that year.
Did you watch the final Jets game last year? Classic JP Losman. Some people need to go rewatch it.

The last buffalo fan
09-29-2009, 09:23 AM
I miss JP! :ill: :gobills:

justasportsfan
09-29-2009, 09:27 AM
Did you watch the final Jets game last year? Classic JP Losman. Some people need to go rewatch it.

If classic Trent are the games vs. cleveland , this years preseason games and last sundays, I'll take JP back or I'd rather get Fitzpatrick in there.

Joe Fo Sho
09-29-2009, 09:30 AM
Right, it's more fun watching JP miss the playoffs than it is watching Edwards miss the playoffs

Exciting? We never made the playoffs with JP. O Gawd.

DMBcrew36
09-29-2009, 09:43 AM
Right, it's more fun watching JP miss the playoffs than it is watching Edwards miss the playoffs

Yeah, at least JP has some swagger and is willing to take some shots. That's not to say that Trent won't eventually get out of this funk, get some time from his O-line, and start throwing some passes longer than 15 yds.

realdealryan
09-29-2009, 02:44 PM
If classic Trent are the games vs. cleveland , this years preseason games and last sundays, I'll take JP back or I'd rather get Fitzpatrick in there.

That's like saying poop tastes better than vomit.

It's a mystery to me how Trent Edwards' struggles lead us to miss JP. He was great in a handful of games, JUST LIKE TRENT.

Say you miss Jim Kelly. Say you miss Flutie. Let's follow that with some discussion about QBs that could be acquired via the draft, trade, or free agency. But leave JP's sorry ass out of it.

billsTOfan
09-29-2009, 02:47 PM
That fumble by JP vs Jets last year... Oh man, don't remind me. JP had trouble making a simple screen pass.

justasportsfan
09-29-2009, 08:11 PM
That's like saying poop tastes better than vomit.

It's a mystery to me how Trent Edwards' struggles lead us to miss JP. He was great in a handful of games, JUST LIKE TRENT.

Say you miss Jim Kelly. Say you miss Flutie. Let's follow that with some discussion about QBs that could be acquired via the draft, trade, or free agency. But leave JP's sorry ass out of it.
the thread was not about kellys or Fluties video was it?

realdealryan
09-30-2009, 12:09 PM
the thread was not about kellys or Fluties video was it?

Read entire post. It's beyond me how the wistful go-to during Trent's struggles is JP.