X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

This is a pretty pathetic stat....

Despite his high-priced receiving corps, Edwards has settled primarily for attempting short passes, which by NFL standards are defined as passes that travel in the air less than 15 yards—yards gained after the catch are not included.

Of Edwards’ 91 attempts this season, 78 have been short ones. As for the remaining 13 attempts that traveled 16 yards or more, Edwards has completed only four for 117 yards with two touchdowns and an interception.

Against the Saints, Edwards’ first 20 attempts were short passes, and he only attempted two deep—both incomplete to Owens.

That's 86% of his passes have gone for 15 yards or less!
    Last edited by Michael82; 09-28-2009, 08:30 PM.
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: This is a pretty pathetic stat....

Hence Capt. Checkdown.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Michael82
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
      Hence Capt. Checkdown.
      He has definitely earned his nickname!

Comment

• Michael82
        • Jul 2002

The thing that bothers me most about this...I'm not pissed that he's not going deep (50 yards or more). I'm more upset that he's not even using the middle of the field. What happened with passes in the middle (20-30 yards)? What about throwing the ball ahead of the receivers so they can make the catch. For some dumb reason, Trent doesn't do that much. He prefers to throw the ball after the receiver is already looking at him or needs to slow down for the pass. He's very timid and it's a big problem. It's almost as if Edwards is afraid of being picked off, like Rob Johnson was...so he just checks down and gets rid of the ball as fast as he can.

Comment

• T-Long
          Circling the Wagons since 1982.
          • Sep 2003

he definitely pays attention to his numbers and definitely doesn't take the chances because he doesn't want to throw an interception and look bad. At least Losman never cared about that stuff. Trust me, I hated Losman as much as anybody, but the guy at LEAST winged it.

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by T-Long
            he definitely pays attention to his numbers and definitely doesn't take the chances because he doesn't want to throw an interception and look bad. .
            Rob Johnson
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• TheBrownBear
              • Dec 2004

Trent is afraid to throw picks. That's all it comes down to. Most of the great QBs had seasons early in their careers where they threw a buttload of interceptions because they were learning the parameters of what will or won't work in the NFL (See Manning's first year, Kelly's early seasons, or Brady's transitional season after the first Super Bowl). These guys were taking risks and paying for it. But you know what? By taking those chances they eventually learned how to fit all the throws in there and learned what would and wouldn't work.

Trent isn't going to develop by throwing 1 yard passes to Jackson and Fine. Hell, you could stick anybody in there to do the same (ok, except Losman). Trent needs to remove his self applied straitjacket asap, or he's going to be a career backup.
              Last edited by TheBrownBear; 09-28-2009, 08:38 PM.

Comment

• Syderick
                • Apr 2006

When safeties go deep do not fear Capt. Checkdown is here!
                3,000,000th post on BZ!

Comment

• unpaid_bills
                  • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Mikey82
                  That's 86% of his passes have gone for 15 yards or less!
                  according to Jauron that is good enough if he hits 1-2 deep balls a game we are good. Enough checkdowns to the TE. We have speed at WR a good pass catching RB why not put the ball in their hands lets see what happens. I honestly dont know what the answer is just when they put a decent game plan together and can move the ball they play a game like this.

One big question WTF are we still running the no huddle and not using the speed to our advantage? I mean you might as well huddle if all you are going to do is checkdown or go 3 and what i mean seriously whats the point. Its kind of like the basetball team who passes the ball around until the shot clock is about to run out then throws up a prayer shot it doesnt seem to be "coordinated" some of plays tney have truly look like they do not practice them. I know its not the case they work and study all week i mean you cant come up with a gadget play or way to get TO/Lee open???????
                  Nobody circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills .... Bills Mafia for life

Comment

• patmoran2006
                    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                    • Dec 2005

Here is a more pathetic stat.

Jauron is 2-21 against teams that have finished the season with a winning record

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• billsTOfan
                      Also know as "The Popcorn"
                      • Jul 2009

Most QB's throw 80% of passes under 15 yds. They take only 5-8 deep shots. You'd be surprised.

Comment

• unpaid_bills
                        • Nov 2004

Originally posted by billsTOfan
                        Most QB's throw 80% of passes under 15 yds. They take only 5-8 deep shots. You'd be surprised.
                        we havent taken 5-8 deep shots in 3 games one to Lee, one to TO for a TD one this week, against the pats cant recall
                        Nobody circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills .... Bills Mafia for life

Comment

• Crisis
                          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by patmoran2006

Jauron is 2-21 against teams that have finished the season with a winning record
                          wow
                          Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                          Vanek is Austrian not European
                          Originally posted by Prov401
                          Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                          Originally posted by better days
                          I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• Michael82
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by unpaid_bills
                            according to Jauron that is good enough if he hits 1-2 deep balls a game we are good. Enough checkdowns to the TE. We have speed at WR a good pass catching RB why not put the ball in their hands lets see what happens. I honestly dont know what the answer is just when they put a decent game plan together and can move the ball they play a game like this.

One big question WTF are we still running the no huddle and not using the speed to our advantage? I mean you might as well huddle if all you are going to do is checkdown or go 3 and what i mean seriously whats the point. Its kind of like the basetball team who passes the ball around until the shot clock is about to run out then throws up a prayer shot it doesnt seem to be "coordinated" some of plays tney have truly look like they do not practice them. I know its not the case they work and study all week i mean you cant come up with a gadget play or way to get TO/Lee open???????
                            Good post!

Comment

• Michael82
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006

Wow! I didn't know that. That is a pathetic stat. Very pathetic!

Comment

Working...
                              X