PDA

View Full Version : Owens criticizes Media (THIS IS NOT A BSD LINKED THREAD)

patmoran2006
09-28-2009, 10:35 PM
http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/811061.html

Philagape
09-28-2009, 10:38 PM
Your all-caps announcement annoyed me. Please stop.

:D

patmoran2006
09-28-2009, 10:39 PM
sorry

Mudflap1
09-28-2009, 10:48 PM
Your all-caps announcement annoyed me. Please stop.
:D

:rofl:

Scumbag College
09-28-2009, 10:49 PM
I'd only open it if it was from BSD. I don't want to read it if it's from the Buffalo News, that pinko commie rag.

patmoran2006
09-28-2009, 10:53 PM
lol..

back on topic. . T.O. is very frustrated with the local media, and I'll tell you what.. In this case he's right.

He was CLEARLY BEING PROVOKED into saying something controversial last night, by Sullivan and at least one other writer.

Scumbag College
09-28-2009, 10:57 PM
lol..

back on topic. . T.O. is very frustrated with the local media, and I'll tell you what.. In this case he's right.

He was CLEARLY BEING PROVOKED into saying something controversial last night, by Sullivan and at least one other writer.

I'm not in the media so I'll have to ask you this Pat...

If you get the soundbite during your interview of TO going off...ripping into Trent, the coaches, Ralph, etc... then that is prestigious in your career and considered a "get."

I'm starting to think that with his slow start and not putting up much numbers that each reporter or talk show host wants to be the one to get TO to blow his stack so they can get their name out there and have ESPN replay it a couple hundred times a day, which they do with pretty much every story.

Mudflap1
09-28-2009, 10:59 PM
Everything he said was totally legit. The problem is he is a flamboyant guy, he knows the nature of the beast, and he used to feed the beast with his comments. Now that he has finally learned his lesson, it is hard to keep the media at bay. They know he is more than capable of blowing his top.

patmoran2006
09-28-2009, 11:01 PM
I'm not in the media so I'll have to ask you this Pat...

If you get the soundbite during your interview of TO going off...ripping into Trent, the coaches, Ralph, etc... then that is prestigious in your career and considered a "get."

I'm starting to think that with his slow start and not putting up much numbers that each reporter or talk show host wants to be the one to get TO to blow his stack so they can get their name out there and have ESPN replay it a couple hundred times a day, which they do with pretty much every story.

absolutely 100%.
If your the one that gets TO to blow his top, you're going to be on every and I mean every major talk show in the country discussing exactly what happened. That is huge publicity for you, huge pub for your publication, which likely translates to huge ratings and much bigger advertising dollars.

I think TO is a horrible fit here, and I dont think he's going to do much of anything this year. But having said that, I AGREE with his frustration towards the media, because everybody is trying to be "that guy" that gets him to explode and throw Trent, Dick whomever under the bus and take credit for it.

Mudflap1
09-28-2009, 11:05 PM
absolutely 100%.
If your the one that gets TO to blow his top, you're going to be on every and I mean every major talk show in the country discussing exactly what happened. That is huge publicity for you, huge pub for your publication, which likely translates to huge ratings and much bigger advertising dollars.

I think TO is a horrible fit here, and I dont think he's going to do much of anything this year. But having said that, I AGREE with his frustration towards the media, because everybody is trying to be "that guy" that gets him to explode and throw Trent, Dick whomever under the bus and take credit for it.

Pat,

Are you allowed to ask questions at the press conferences? Because, if so, I think you should consider going the other extreme. It won't be as sexy, but still might get you some publicity, and might be able to get you an "in". If you are allowed to ask questions, why don't you ask T.O. what he thinks of the media? Why don't you say "hey Terrell, aren't you sick of the questions that you are being asked day in and day out that are obviously trying to bait you into saying something controversial? Aren't you more interested in helping the Buffalo Bills win and having a productive season?" Talk to him like a fan who is a writer (which is what you are). The fanbase is very frustrated, and looks at T.O. as a guy who brings some hope of a winning football team. That is where everyone is frustrated. This team simply seems to never get over the hump.

patmoran2006
09-28-2009, 11:31 PM
Pat,

Are you allowed to ask questions at the press conferences? Because, if so, I think you should consider going the other extreme. It won't be as sexy, but still might get you some publicity, and might be able to get you an "in". If you are allowed to ask questions, why don't you ask T.O. what he thinks of the media? Why don't you say "hey Terrell, aren't you sick of the questions that you are being asked day in and day out that are obviously trying to bait you into saying something controversial? Aren't you more interested in helping the Buffalo Bills win and having a productive season?" Talk to him like a fan who is a writer (which is what you are). The fanbase is very frustrated, and looks at T.O. as a guy who brings some hope of a winning football team. That is where everyone is frustrated. This team simply seems to never get over the hump.

Good point. I will elaborate on this tomorrow when I have a little more time and my wife isn't yelling at me to come to bed because I've been working/playing for about 16 hours now.

Mudflap1
09-28-2009, 11:38 PM
I would like to hear more about your take on this. Also, you might have a cool angle for you and BSD. You could take questions from Zoners and other fans one day a week about suggestions with what you could ask at press conferences and interviews. It could be very interactive.

Meathead
09-29-2009, 12:01 AM
regrettably in the dog eat dog world of professional sports entertainment t.o has earned that treatment

i wouldnt want to be the douche that sullivan was but its gonna be somebody. its t.o who has made himself the best target in the league

ddaryl
09-29-2009, 08:00 AM
His comments in this article are very true... and he is being baited....

the only thing adding insult to injury here is the fact that Bills are misusing him and Evans

Tatonka
09-29-2009, 08:25 AM
I think TO is a horrible fit here, and I dont think he's going to do much of anything this year.

any team should be able to use him.. the fact that he is a horrible fit is because the qb is a pussy and the o-coordinator is a fat slob that has no experience and is clearly not interested in using the playmakers.

fortunately both are on the way out the door after this year if they dont figure out how to use TO and Lee.

Tatonka
09-29-2009, 08:26 AM
and i agree with everything that TO said in the article.. but he did bring that upon himself by his actions..

RockStar36
09-29-2009, 08:30 AM
I'm actually really sick of ESPN already and now feel like I might have bashed TO way too much in the past based on what I saw through the media. He didn't do anything wrong and Wilbon on PTI yesterday was calling him "poisonous Terrell Owens". It's pissing me off already.