PDA

View Full Version : ATT all ZONERS WHO ATTENDED THE SAINTS GAME

Marvelous
09-29-2009, 12:49 AM
I musta said this 5 times in the 4th quarter. " Wonder what our fans who are @ The Ralph see/saw.

--What did you guys see?

-Are T.O & Evans getting blanketed?
--Are T.O & Evans waiting to long to make their "Get-Open" cuts?
--Are they just simply N--O--T getting any seperation?

---I'm dying to hear what you attendees see/saw & think about this. It was SOO VERY frustrating for us watching @ home. Not that it wasn't for you's, but we just didn't/DON'T have any way o' knowing what's happening. SImply put- The camera doesn't show us what T.O & Lee Evans are doing... bah! I dream of the day they give us camera control. Like a Madden replay!

---I wanna know this because Van Pelt,, DC & Even Trent Edwards are just too smart to ignore T.O & even Evans...

Meathead
09-29-2009, 12:54 AM
be careful

i think what happens a lot of times is fans see a wr running free AFTER the db covering them has made a read and move toward the ball that has gone someplace ELSE which makes it look to an average fan that they were open when they really were not

im not saying thats what happened here, i wasnt there and havent heard any super reliable resource say so, but ive seen people make that mistake many times before

frankly ive been waiting for that answer to surface

Marvelous
09-29-2009, 12:58 AM
good point..

:updated:
--Wanting info from fans who know the difference from a DB/CB breaking coverage...
--Good grief! This is gonna confuse many into seeing T.O & #83 Wide open when they aren't...Whatever,,i just want the insight of those who attended.

--I can't wait till my daughter is old enough to attend.. She's 21 months & ima thinking after NEXT seaosn..But i'll really hope for next year..

dannyek71
09-29-2009, 09:13 AM
TO really wasn't open all day. You can tell that he does not give 100% effort all of the time. The guy is still very physically talented. He was an absolute beast in camp (we he practiced). You can tell, he is just going through the motions out there on the field.

Teams ARE doing a decent job of covering Evans and TO. With that said, Evans is still a VERY good wr, and TO can still be elite (that is if he wants to) Teams cannot double 2 guys and not leave openings other places on the field. It isn't mathematically possible.

From what I've seen here is my 2 cents. We play not to loose. When we attack (early in the season last year) and NE and TB we do well. However, when we play not to loose (the end of last year and vs NO) we are terrible. Yes, we did loose to NE, but let's face it. They are a better team and we were on the road so I still consider us playing a good game.

Before Trent threw the pick Sun, I kept thinking "Don't get sacked and don't throw a pick. When it doubt, throw it away and take the points to tie it up" Of course, TE does the most JP thing possible and tries to force a slant to TO. The rest is history.

As bad as this is to say, we need a bit of JP in Trent. We need Trent to play a bit "dumber" that is take shots. Ill give our offense credit for 1 drive Sunday (the fake FG) That is it. So when your offense is that bad, what do you have to loose by taking more shots and being more aggressive? You decent, blame DJ, TE, or AVP. I blame them all.

That concludes my ramble.

Commissioner
09-29-2009, 09:34 AM
Me and My friend didn't really see them getting open.

It seemed like they were running very simple routes... like the DB's didn't even have to run after them to cover them...

It also seems like the plays are over in 2.3 seconds with isn't enough time for them to run a decent route.

It seemed like the coaches knew our offensive line was going to struggle, so they tried to call quick plays and it seems like T.O. and Evans are mostly decoys the whole game.

bigbub2352
09-29-2009, 09:35 AM
I was at the game 50yd line 300 level
I will say this i played real ball a long time and i can say with honesty it is Trent who is missing guys open
he checks down to fast and is not giving time for the plays to develop down feild
Also his protection doesnt usually hold up long enough for him to throw the ball deep
As for TO and Evans neither of them run routes with urgency and neither try to really get open, if they dont do it naturally they give up right away kinda scary and also we have no one in the middle of the feild deeper than 5yds which really limits your O as well
this O sucks we are running
and so does the D

I will also say this Our Scheme on D is easy to figure out easy to wear down and easy to block

there are plays were whitner is lined up 20 yds from the line o scrimmage
CBs are 10 yds off the WRs
i see our LBers dropping back into coverage before they diagnois the play
the only pass rush we get is if we blitz then one of our DEs gets some sort of pressure other wise they are engulfed regularly
Also on Offense we have usually 2 to 3 players running 3 yard routes no team fears our TEs either
There is no sense of nastiness or urgencey on this team and u watch the decisions being made by our HC and staff and u almost feel like you have been robbed of alot of money after leaving the game
I am by no means an expert but i played the game Alot in my life and if this is what i can see what is someone getting paid 1mil a year to be a defensive cordinator see?
its really sad bills fans
the only way this ship rights itself is to trash the staff at the very least and rebuild

Commissioner
09-29-2009, 09:38 AM
I was at the game 50yd line 300 level

There is no sense of nastiness or urgencey on this team and u watch the decisions being made by our HC and staff and u almost feel like you have been robbed of alot of money after leaving the game

That's exactly what I said when I got up to leave after Jauron punted on 4th and 1 in the 4th quarter.

"I can't believe I paid $80 to watch them punt".....

The last buffalo fan
09-29-2009, 10:43 AM
I was thinking the same in regards paying to the SKY people in order to get the Bills games, this got to be a joke! :ill:

Dany is right, every time the cammeras were on TO, the guy was even on slow motion or qutting on the play. I saw him on at least three play, and in none of them he was even looking towards our Oline nor trying to block someone. What a piece of ****! :down:

mysticsoto
09-29-2009, 10:57 AM
Me and My friend didn't really see them getting open.

It seemed like they were running very simple routes... like the DB's didn't even have to run after them to cover them...

It also seems like the plays are over in 2.3 seconds with isn't enough time for them to run a decent route.

It seemed like the coaches knew our offensive line was going to struggle, so they tried to call quick plays and it seems like T.O. and Evans are mostly decoys the whole game.
I'll agree with this. I think the game plan was for both Evans and TO to be decoys and almost all the plays were for FJ and/or something short. TO doesn't put effort all the time, but it's mostly when he knows it's going to be a running play away from him.

If they are just going to be used as decoys, then that's the coaching that has to be blamed. I can't believe we're paying TO $6.5 mil just to run simple routes and fake like he's going to catch. What a waste. This coaching staff doesn't know what they're doing!

The Safeties were pulled down so that most of the time 1 safety leaned toward each WR. But occasionally, there would only be 1 safety and Trent would still not look to throw to the open WR - he just was not even looking/reading to change the play. It's like they were locked in to either run, or throw short. Period. No room for change or to adjust and burn the D for what they were doing. The D quickly learned that blitzing Trent and keeping the LBs in the middle to cut the short routes, would neutralize Trent. Sadly, there were no adjustments during the game...and with this coaching staff, there rarely is!