PDA

View Full Version : Anyone need to eat crow?

Marvelous
09-29-2009, 01:30 AM
Kelsay crow that is?

There we're a few Kelsay threads 2-3 weeks before kickoff. I oculd go find the quotes. All i need to do is a search for keyword "Kelsay" in all post by ME. :p

-I'm pointing at the ones who think/thought the team was better off without him.
-And the fans who just flat out thought he sucked etc..
-One tends to feel great and optomistic after eating some public crow. Well atleast i did(different topic)
--Maybin will get his due. With any luck it will be after Schobel retires.. Wiley sat behind Bruce for a few years then got his due in San Diego. NOt wanting him to leave by any means,,just that he could be a beats in year 3 and we can get the best D-line with 94 & 90 booking the ends...

jamze132
09-29-2009, 01:43 AM
I'll step up. I wanted the guy gone a couple of years ago and I really didn't want him on the roster this year.

but he has surprised the **** out of me. He's playing well and he must continue if Buffalo is going to win 4 more games.

Marvelous
09-29-2009, 02:40 AM
:posrep:

Pinkerton Security
09-29-2009, 07:34 AM
Ive always hated him and thought he was overrated but the man was all over the place Sunday and has played well this year.

ddaryl
09-29-2009, 07:45 AM
He has been playing much better then I expected.. maybe the fan discontent motivated his ass...

Now the question is can he stay consistently solid ???

yordad
09-29-2009, 07:51 AM
He has played really good thus far. He has been shocking, lol.

But, I am looking for a sustained effort before I eat crow. I don't think he should have been cut, but I still think he is one of the worst start DEs in the league. Maybe I can eat some crow at the bye, but I doubt it.

Tatonka
09-29-2009, 08:01 AM
a lot of people **** on schobel too.. and he has played extremely well also.

madness
09-29-2009, 08:11 AM
People ****ted on Kelsay for the bad year he had when he played injured and somehow expected him to fill Schobel's shoe's all by himself last year. The guy is not and never will be a great #1 but he is definitely a very good #2.

trapezeus
09-29-2009, 08:35 AM
however, the front four still don't get pressure on their own. they've played better...but remember the drop off came in week 6 last year. There's plenty of time for them to show their true colors.

i'm more impressed with schobel at his age and his injury coming back so strong.

justasportsfan
09-29-2009, 09:12 AM
Until he and every player on this team does it on a consistent basis, the crow will stay in the freezer. Reed crow was served however.

bigbub2352
09-29-2009, 09:39 AM
I am not gonna eat crow maybe if kelsay puts together 1 more game like this the entire season then i will
but he is famous for 1 game a yr looking like Peppers
then he vanishs and usually gets injured
He sucks get rid of him and draft more pass rushers
thanks

bigbub2352
09-29-2009, 09:41 AM
Until he and every player on this team does it on a consistent basis, the crow will stay in the freezer. Reed crow was served however.
Still not a fan of Josh Reed
still think we can do better than him i know the arguement and i have argued points with many on here
Until he provides something other than 2 first downs a game and actually gets open in the redzone or hell in the endzone i will eat some crow
GLADLY

justasportsfan
09-29-2009, 09:43 AM
Still not a fan of Josh Reed
still think we can do better than him i know the arguement and i have argued points with many on here
Until he provides something other than 2 first downs a game and actually gets open in the redzone or hell in the endzone i will eat some crow
GLADLY
If you're expecting him to be a no.2 then no crow, but no.3 , it's waiting.

yordad
09-29-2009, 10:02 AM
The guy is not and never will be a great #1 but he is definitely a very good #2.As in "a back up LDE", right?

Mahdi
09-29-2009, 10:57 AM
Nope.

I didn't want Kelsay as the starting DE before and I still dont want him as the starter.

Where was Kelsay when we had an 11 point lead against NE with 5 mins to go and we KNEW they were throwing?

Where was Kelsay when we had a good lead against TB and they were throwing to catch up?

Where were Freeney and Mathis when the Colts had the lead against ARZ? They were piling up sacks and pressures, finishing the game like you should when you have a lead...

Where were the Cowboys pass rushers yesterday when they were playing with a lead and trying to close out the game? Sacking Delhomme, twice on the last drive by a rookie.

We have an inability to impose our will in the 4th quarter to close out a lead. Instead offenses impose their will on us when they want to catch up and they get into hurry up throwing mode.

Our DEs are good for 1 or 2 nice plays a game then they disappear. Reason is its all based on effort, no talent. And effort can only take you so far.

justasportsfan
09-29-2009, 10:59 AM
actually Schobel is playing like a probowler.

Mahdi
09-29-2009, 11:04 AM
actually Schobel is playing like a probowler.
Of course he is. Cause he had 1 nice pick in game 1 and a sack last week. That means he's playing like a PBer?

How bout all the plays in between where he is no where near the QB?

Schobel cannot get consistent pressure on QBs, he is feast or famine. He is also single blocked most of the time.

PECKERWOOD
09-29-2009, 11:04 AM
I thought I was going to eat crow for blasting Whitner, but looks like I'm pretty safe now.

Mahdi
09-29-2009, 11:07 AM
I thought I was going to eat crow for blasting Whitner, but looks like I'm pretty safe now.
I think Whitner should have ppl eating crow because the strength of this team is our secondary and their ability to shut down the best offenses in the league so often with such little pressure on QBs.

Whitner is a huge part of that, and they also ask him to do so many things within the defense.

He plays FS, SS, CB and even some LB against the Saints that really helped the D shut down Brees.