PDA

View Full Version : Teams play how their Head Coach is.

Canadian'eh!
09-29-2009, 07:24 AM
I'm seriously done complaining about the players on this team.

There's a ton of blame going around: Trent, TO, Ellison, McKelvin, Parrish... so on and on and on it goes.

But the one thing that is truly stopping this team is DICK JAURON.

I don't care who thinks he's a nice guy, and I'm not even talking about the stupid calls or the fact that he keeps cramming bad players down our throats like Parrish and Ellison, when they CLEARLY are not talented enough to be NFL starters.

I'm talking about his personality. What he instills iin the team is weakness.

I can think of 3 PRIME examples.

Mike Singletary. - Passionate, vocal, tough. He installed that hill to train on and runs tough practices. His players MUST be mentally tough. And his team which is still short on talent plays TOUGH. They overachieve because of him. and he's not even really an x's and o's guy.

Rex Ryan - Same thing. He's vocal, ****y, defensively brilliant. He has that eam at another level. The no one believes in us but you're soon gonna find out how good this team really is. Again... that's the mindset and how the team plays, especially on D.

and on the other side:

Norv Turner - He looks pissy, upset, and clueless half the time out there. Like a child who is mad because he doens't like the rules mommy made. He has one ofthe most talented teams in the NFL, and he's absolutely running it into the ground because they are weak, whiny and lack heart.

Our team?

Confused, out of place, indifferent, just kind of goes into games like a business transaction and seems tobe ok with the outcome win or lose. Let's just move on to next week.

They pay without passion and without heart.

It starts RIGHT THERE with DICK. There is talent enough to be a good team on the field. It's the HC that is the ONLY real problem with this team that keeps them from making the playoffs. Lots of areas could improve... but i'm 100% sure this is the #1 and BIGGEST.

Mr. Pink
09-29-2009, 07:41 AM
And I can think of 3 prime examples that disprove this point....

Mangini - coaches the same way Belichick does. Was around a .500 coach in NY, will be coach the Browns to 3 victories this year.

Wade Phillips - thought to be another completely inept head coach. Coached well here, and has compiled around a .700 winning percentage in Dallas.

Jack Del Rio - Another guy who gets in his players faces, shows emotion, vocal...has coached the Jags to 2 playoff berths in 6 years and won't take them there this year either.

Why is Mangini looking worse in Cleveland? Talent.

Why does Wade win in Dallas? Talent.

Why is Jack Del Rio up and down in Jacksonville? Talent.

Bill Belichick wouldn't even lead this team to the playoffs.

Pinkerton Security
09-29-2009, 07:42 AM
just like Turner, Wade Phillips often looks clueless. He is simply a players coach like Jauron, and his teams are generally undisciplined.

unpaid_bills
09-29-2009, 08:26 AM
Jauron = no emotion, no creativity, stick to the same ole' game plan
Team = play with no emotion, no big plays, same ole' results

Result = disgruntled/frustrated fans who will still support their team despite this. Gotta love the NFL. I am all for being committed to a coach/player but we have cut/traded some good players over the years, and for that matter let some coaches go who did more with less than Jauron ... its time to move on. It would also send a message to the team

Tatonka
09-29-2009, 08:29 AM
i guess jeff fisher sucks balls then at 0-3 and jauron is a better coach than him..

interesting.

and mike tomlin and jauron are pretty much the same.

trapezeus
09-29-2009, 08:45 AM
Tatonka, you need to use a little history. Fischer has good years and bad yers, but aftera 7-9 finish, his team rebounds. We're treading water.

DJ is a failure. Good guy or not, he's not a head coach. His sidelines presence suggests he knows as much.

Forward_Lateral
09-29-2009, 09:00 AM
and mike tomlin and jauron are pretty much the same.

What? Tomlin might not be Bill Cowher, but he's nowhere near Dick's caliber of pussyness.

justasportsfan
09-29-2009, 09:10 AM
And I can think of 3 prime examples that disprove this point....

Mangini - coaches the same way Belichick does. Was around a .500 coach in NY, will be coach the Browns to 3 victories this year.

Wade Phillips - thought to be another completely inept head coach. Coached well here, and has compiled around a .700 winning percentage in Dallas.

Jack Del Rio - Another guy who gets in his players faces, shows emotion, vocal...has coached the Jags to 2 playoff berths in 6 years and won't take them there this year either.

Why is Mangini looking worse in Cleveland? Talent.

Why does Wade win in Dallas? Talent.

Why is Jack Del Rio up and down in Jacksonville? Talent.

Bill Belichick wouldn't even lead this team to the playoffs.

Mangini like BB? I disagree.

JIm Leonard was nothing here. He became a playmaker because of his coach. In the meantime our safeties are still soft just like our QB.

Canadian'eh!
09-29-2009, 09:37 AM
Mangini is nothing like BB. He's standoffish and arrogant to the point his payers openly HATE him and won't play for him. BB doesn't sell out his guys WHO ARE STILL ON THE TEAM.

How has Wade Phillips done n the past 2 years???

Del Rio is not a good COACH. If he knew what he was doing, then his players would not quit on him. you have to be a good coach AND passionate... or else the players won't respect you. it worked for a while, but now he's lost them.

Mr. Pink
09-29-2009, 10:00 AM
Mangini like BB? I disagree.

JIm Leonard was nothing here. He became a playmaker because of his coach. In the meantime our safeties are still soft just like our QB.

Jim Leonhard became a playmaker because of the rest of the talent around him, had nothing to do with coaching.

What is he in NY? Average. Just like he was here.

Mr. Pink
09-29-2009, 10:05 AM
Mangini is nothing like BB. He's standoffish and arrogant to the point his payers openly HATE him and won't play for him. BB doesn't sell out his guys WHO ARE STILL ON THE TEAM.

How has Wade Phillips done n the past 2 years???

Del Rio is not a good COACH. If he knew what he was doing, then his players would not quit on him. you have to be a good coach AND passionate... or else the players won't respect you. it worked for a while, but now he's lost them.

Belichick is standoffish and arrogant to the point his players openly hated him. Then he started winning. Now he's just standoffish and arrogant. And Bill sold out Bernie Kosar, who was the hometown guy in Cleveland and threw the season away by having him released in the middle of the season. Winning cures all ails.

Wade Phillips' teams win games. He's not a good coach.

Del Rio is exactly the type of a guy you're clamoring for.

PECKERWOOD
09-29-2009, 10:12 AM
Yup, take a look at the avatar, that's who our next head coach should be. :up:

justasportsfan
09-29-2009, 10:20 AM
Jim Leonhard became a playmaker because of the rest of the talent around him, had nothing to do with coaching.

What is he in NY? Average. Just like he was here.
what ? Na, I watched Jets game. He's above average making plays.

The jets are playing the way they are coached. Why do you think they are top defensively compared to before Ryan came in?

Why do you think the bills are soft and play not to lose?

mybills
09-29-2009, 10:21 AM
Parrish should not be returning the ball, but he can block, catch, juke, and get first downs. I don't understand the hatred for him, and this is not the first time I've read it.

As for Jauron, Jeff Nixon said it best. See sig.

mybills
09-29-2009, 10:24 AM
justa is correct. Even my "Jets fan" son loves how Jim Leonhard plays.

RockStar36
09-29-2009, 10:27 AM
Wade Phillips has inherited some pretty good teams. He isn't a good coach.

There is a fine line between having the fire and also being good. Singletary is a perfect example. He is really turning things around in SF. The players really respect him and it shows.

RockStar36
09-29-2009, 10:28 AM
Parrish should not be returning the ball, but he can block, catch, juke, and get first downs. I don't understand the hatred for him, and this is not the first time I've read it.

As for Jauron, Jeff Nixon said it best. See sig.

I've always been a Parrish fan but he was absolutely dreadful on Sunday. He looked like he didn't even give a **** and it really showed. He wants out and the Bills probably need to move him at this point.

mybills
09-29-2009, 10:35 AM
I've always been a Parrish fan but he was absolutely dreadful on Sunday. He looked like he didn't even give a **** and it really showed. He wants out and the Bills probably need to move him at this point.
Sunday, yes. But I've been reading the hate posts since preseason. :ill:

justasportsfan
09-29-2009, 10:37 AM

I wanted to keep Parrish because of his returns. But if can't do it anymore, he might as well be gone.

RockStar36
09-29-2009, 10:38 AM
I always thought the coaches weren't using him enough in the slots, reverses, and things like that to take advantage of his skills.

I read quite a few articles over the summer that indicated he is a poor route runner and not quite the player we all think. I love the punt returns, but for one a year, it might not be enough anymore.

Canadian'eh!
09-29-2009, 01:00 PM
Belichick is standoffish and arrogant to the point his players openly hated him. Then he started winning. Now he's just standoffish and arrogant. And Bill sold out Bernie Kosar, who was the hometown guy in Cleveland and threw the season away by having him released in the middle of the season. Winning cures all ails.

Wade Phillips' teams win games. He's not a good coach.

Del Rio is exactly the type of a guy you're clamoring for.

Hey... You DO need a certain level of talent to win games, and enough talent can win you some games even with a poor coach.

But the BILLS have talent, more than many more sucessful teams have even. But you CANNOT overcome bad coaching even with a great team in the long run.

And show me where BB EVER threw his CURRENT players under the bus in public like Mangina did. Not to mention he's not that good of a coach either.

PLayers WANT to play for BB. NO ONE wants to play for Mangina.

Tatonka
09-29-2009, 01:02 PM
What? Tomlin might not be Bill Cowher, but he's nowhere near Dick's caliber of pussyness.

they are both 1-2.. therefore they are the same though right?

Forward_Lateral
09-29-2009, 01:03 PM

No. Tomlin probably has more career wins that Jauron does already. OK, maybe not, but he does have a superbowl ring, and a very good career winning pct. Dick doesn't have that resume to prop him up during a tough start to a season.

Canadian'eh!
09-29-2009, 01:06 PM

Jesus.... this is not an exact thing.

I'm not saying the best coach wins every game regardless of talent. I'm not saying a bad coach never wins.

I'm saying the team takes on the persona of the coach in many many ways. The JEts have their coaches swagger. The 49ers have their coaches passion and mental toughness. The Pats have their coaches never-panic, cerrebral way. San Diego has their coaches lost and confused inability to play game situations well. Buffalo has their "Oh well we lost lets all just move on to next week and try harder i guess" menatlity.

Yes you can win with a bad coach and enough talent, yes you can lsoe with a great coahc and no talent.

But a team like the Bills that HAVE talent, is made or broken by the guy at the top.