• Show
Clear All
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

Petition

Can all of us as season ticket holders agree to sign a thread that says,

Dear Buffalo Bills,

we will decline to purchase our season tickets next year in the event we are subjected to another bad coach. Please hire a proven winner or else face the financial consequences of your mismanagement. The city of Buffalo and the fans of the Bills deserve better.

And then we mail this to One Bills Drive.
  • cocamide
    • Oct 2006

Re: Petition

And they would say, "No problem, we'll move to LA or Toronto and make 10x more money. Thank you for your business. It was fun while it lasted."

Comment

• kelly2reed4six
      • Dec 2008

Truthfully, a DRASTIC decline in season ticket sales is the only way Ralph hires a good coach. If we fans keep buying tickets and drinking the Kool-aid year after year, we will get another ****ty coach. Ralph is a million years old, people don't change the way they think when they are that old. Now if he sees a huge dent in his wallet, then maybe he will.

Comment

• JD
        Sabres Zone
        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by jae1986
        Truthfully, a DRASTIC decline in season ticket sales is the only way Ralph hires a good coach. If we fans keep buying tickets and drinking the Kool-aid year after year, we will get another ****ty coach. Ralph is a million years old, people don't change the way they think when they are that old. Now if he sees a huge dent in his wallet, then maybe he will.
        Then if he dies it looks like Bills fans don't care anymore and his daughter sells to the highest bidder.

We're truly ****ed either way. TO coming here was just to get seats sold.
        “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• trapezeus
          Legendary Zoner
          • Oct 2004

That simply isn't fair. we rule the TV airwaves. We fill in the stadium. The rest of the "big market" teams only fill in their stadiums because of businesses buying seats. there is no sense of community or satisfaction at those games.

The NFL needs diversity amongst its revenue stream. Having a couple teams like greenbay, KC and buffalo where the fans are first is good in times like these when businesses are more than happy to cut ties to the organization.

We are a regionalized team just like New England, the Jersey teams and the Maryland team. We are profitable. They have a stadium that is financed and refurbished by the state. California can promise whatever they want. chances are they won't be able to do squat for their franchise. and the fans simply don't come out. They are upset by traffic, they've got a wonderful college team, they have more than just football. They failed twice with the raiders and rams. What is the LA football TV ratings like?

If the NFL wants to walk away from a sure think like the western new york area, so be it. They can take their league and tank it. It will come back to haunt them and they, as good business people, should be able to see that.

Comment

• ddaryl
            Everything I post is sexual inuendo
            • Jan 2005

Originally posted by cocamide
            And they would say, "No problem, we'll move to LA or Toronto and make 10x more money. Thank you for your business. It was fun while it lasted."
            so be it... it really isn't worth it anymore if they're not going to even try...

I hate being miserable, and football season is making me miserable.

However I don't beleive that would happen... and if that is how they will treat fans who deserve a better effort then ...

Comment

• trapezeus
              Legendary Zoner
              • Oct 2004

thanks Ddaryl. I call wilson and the NFL's bluff. pull out of canada's largest city and a stable western new york area. It's true, the buffalo population has dwindled, but with the surrounding suburbs has stayed flat. And football is our way of life.

Take the team if this is the best we can do. It'll give the sabres a reason to jack up prices, and get better talent.

I hate being held as hostage with these teams. If it's so painful to be in the area. get out. They move this team, i'm done with the NFL. and i'm pretty sure the legions of bills fans that scatter the country will be quick to follow.

The nfl should love having fickle NE, Cowboy and Redskin fans as their base.

Comment

• Billz_fan
                • Jan 2003

Trap is right, the only way to change things is to not support an inferior product. If they move the team then so be it. However think about this for a second.

It was the 1980's and Buffalo stunk. Back to back 2 win seasons.I used to be one of the people in the stadium. You could sit anywhere you wanted. Nobody showed up at games. I remember a little group making the news one night when they were doing the 2 man wave. LOL The place was EMPTY.

It was right after that time period that Ralph hired Bill Polian and well the rest is history as they say. Within 2 years I now had difficulty even getting into the stadium anymore and our geatest run off all time was on.

Now, I realize these are different times, Ralphs age, the economy etc. But money is money and taking it away with the message that we won't accept crap anymore is gonna cause change one way or the other. You can say they will move the team if no one shows up. Hey that may happen when he dies to. You cannot be afraid of that. So your going to support bad football forever because you want to keep the team that never makes the playoffs ?

Trust me it works, history proves that. Or you can continue to lay down your hard earned cash on a crappy football team. Im sure Ralph will be happy
                The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• BuffaloBillsStampede
                  • Aug 2005

Im in
                  SUPER MARIO PLEASE COME TO BUFFALO!!!!

Comment

• SeatownBillsFan21
                    • Mar 2004

I live in Seattle so i couldnt sign it but i would if asked

Comment

• BuffaloRanger
                      WORK HARD. PLAY HARD. LIVE HARD.
                      • Mar 2003

petitions don't work. especially non-binding online petitions.

Gruden or Schottenheimer are the only coaches I could excited about. Instead we'll get Perry Fewell.
                      Buffalo Only and Always.

Comment

• The Juice Is Loose
                        All-Pro Zoner
                        • Feb 2009

this is lame

the team is 1-2

there are 28 non proven winning coaches in the nfl

you guys act like you can go to the good coach store and get one

every good coach was inexperienced at one point, and has a "proven" coach ever won a super bowl on their 2nd team??

get a clue.

Comment

• BuffaloRanger
                          WORK HARD. PLAY HARD. LIVE HARD.
                          • Mar 2003

Jauron is 2-21 against winning teams in his 3 years as Bills head coach. he has been measured and been found wanting.

Last I heard, Shannahan, Gruden, and Schottenheimer are still available at the good coach store.

There is not one single player (realistically speaking - he needs to be a FA) that the Bills could add that would make me as excited about this team as seeing Gruden coaching on the Bills sideline.
                          Last edited by BuffaloRanger; 09-29-2009, 04:18 PM.
                          Buffalo Only and Always.

Comment

• trapezeus
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Oct 2004

juice, i've got a bridge to sell you.

if you think after 3 years of crap football and seeing 3 straight weeks of lacking a killer instinct to take games that are sitting there for the taking. tell me why dick jauron will do anything different.

You can't. So instead of blindly following and pretending like you're some big fan that is super patient, open your eyes and get used to the fact this team needs a new coach and a new identity.

And there are plenty of coaches who understand how to make in game decisions and how to make halftime adjustments. Without those two things, this team is going no where. and it's fans like you who keep this perpetual layer of failure on the skin of buffalo.

Comment

• Mudflap1
                              Next Question!
                              • Nov 2004

The heck with the next head coach. We need a new front office. The new front office, if they are real football guys, will hire a real head coach.

Comment

Working...
                              X