PDA

View Full Version : Petition

trapezeus
09-29-2009, 10:19 AM
Can all of us as season ticket holders agree to sign a thread that says,

Dear Buffalo Bills,

we will decline to purchase our season tickets next year in the event we are subjected to another bad coach. Please hire a proven winner or else face the financial consequences of your mismanagement. The city of Buffalo and the fans of the Bills deserve better.

And then we mail this to One Bills Drive.

cocamide
09-29-2009, 10:42 AM
And they would say, "No problem, we'll move to LA or Toronto and make 10x more money. Thank you for your business. It was fun while it lasted."

kelly2reed4six
09-29-2009, 10:47 AM
Truthfully, a DRASTIC decline in season ticket sales is the only way Ralph hires a good coach. If we fans keep buying tickets and drinking the Kool-aid year after year, we will get another ****ty coach. Ralph is a million years old, people don't change the way they think when they are that old. Now if he sees a huge dent in his wallet, then maybe he will.

JD
09-29-2009, 10:53 AM
Truthfully, a DRASTIC decline in season ticket sales is the only way Ralph hires a good coach. If we fans keep buying tickets and drinking the Kool-aid year after year, we will get another ****ty coach. Ralph is a million years old, people don't change the way they think when they are that old. Now if he sees a huge dent in his wallet, then maybe he will.
Then if he dies it looks like Bills fans don't care anymore and his daughter sells to the highest bidder.

We're truly ****ed either way. TO coming here was just to get seats sold.

trapezeus
09-29-2009, 11:12 AM
That simply isn't fair. we rule the TV airwaves. We fill in the stadium. The rest of the "big market" teams only fill in their stadiums because of businesses buying seats. there is no sense of community or satisfaction at those games.

The NFL needs diversity amongst its revenue stream. Having a couple teams like greenbay, KC and buffalo where the fans are first is good in times like these when businesses are more than happy to cut ties to the organization.

We are a regionalized team just like New England, the Jersey teams and the Maryland team. We are profitable. They have a stadium that is financed and refurbished by the state. California can promise whatever they want. chances are they won't be able to do squat for their franchise. and the fans simply don't come out. They are upset by traffic, they've got a wonderful college team, they have more than just football. They failed twice with the raiders and rams. What is the LA football TV ratings like?

If the NFL wants to walk away from a sure think like the western new york area, so be it. They can take their league and tank it. It will come back to haunt them and they, as good business people, should be able to see that.

ddaryl
09-29-2009, 11:16 AM
And they would say, "No problem, we'll move to LA or Toronto and make 10x more money. Thank you for your business. It was fun while it lasted."

so be it... it really isn't worth it anymore if they're not going to even try...

I hate being miserable, and football season is making me miserable.

However I don't beleive that would happen... and if that is how they will treat fans who deserve a better effort then ...

trapezeus
09-29-2009, 11:19 AM
thanks Ddaryl. I call wilson and the NFL's bluff. pull out of canada's largest city and a stable western new york area. It's true, the buffalo population has dwindled, but with the surrounding suburbs has stayed flat. And football is our way of life.

Take the team if this is the best we can do. It'll give the sabres a reason to jack up prices, and get better talent.

I hate being held as hostage with these teams. If it's so painful to be in the area. get out. They move this team, i'm done with the NFL. and i'm pretty sure the legions of bills fans that scatter the country will be quick to follow.

The nfl should love having fickle NE, Cowboy and Redskin fans as their base.

Billz_fan
09-29-2009, 11:59 AM
Trap is right, the only way to change things is to not support an inferior product. If they move the team then so be it. However think about this for a second.

It was the 1980's and Buffalo stunk. Back to back 2 win seasons.I used to be one of the people in the stadium. You could sit anywhere you wanted. Nobody showed up at games. I remember a little group making the news one night when they were doing the 2 man wave. LOL The place was EMPTY.

It was right after that time period that Ralph hired Bill Polian and well the rest is history as they say. Within 2 years I now had difficulty even getting into the stadium anymore and our geatest run off all time was on.

Now, I realize these are different times, Ralphs age, the economy etc. But money is money and taking it away with the message that we won't accept crap anymore is gonna cause change one way or the other. You can say they will move the team if no one shows up. Hey that may happen when he dies to. You cannot be afraid of that. So your going to support bad football forever because you want to keep the team that never makes the playoffs ?

Trust me it works, history proves that. Or you can continue to lay down your hard earned cash on a crappy football team. Im sure Ralph will be happy ;)

BuffaloBillsStampede
09-29-2009, 12:35 PM
Im in
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

SeatownBillsFan21
09-29-2009, 04:01 PM
I live in Seattle so i couldnt sign it but i would if asked

BuffaloRanger
09-29-2009, 04:07 PM
petitions don't work. especially non-binding online petitions.

Gruden or Schottenheimer are the only coaches I could excited about. Instead we'll get Perry Fewell.

The Juice Is Loose
09-29-2009, 04:10 PM
this is lame

the team is 1-2

there are 28 non proven winning coaches in the nfl

you guys act like you can go to the good coach store and get one

every good coach was inexperienced at one point, and has a "proven" coach ever won a super bowl on their 2nd team??

get a clue.

BuffaloRanger
09-29-2009, 04:16 PM
Jauron is 2-21 against winning teams in his 3 years as Bills head coach. he has been measured and been found wanting.

Last I heard, Shannahan, Gruden, and Schottenheimer are still available at the good coach store.

There is not one single player (realistically speaking - he needs to be a FA) that the Bills could add that would make me as excited about this team as seeing Gruden coaching on the Bills sideline.

trapezeus
09-29-2009, 04:19 PM
juice, i've got a bridge to sell you.

if you think after 3 years of crap football and seeing 3 straight weeks of lacking a killer instinct to take games that are sitting there for the taking. tell me why dick jauron will do anything different.

You can't. So instead of blindly following and pretending like you're some big fan that is super patient, open your eyes and get used to the fact this team needs a new coach and a new identity.

And there are plenty of coaches who understand how to make in game decisions and how to make halftime adjustments. Without those two things, this team is going no where. and it's fans like you who keep this perpetual layer of failure on the skin of buffalo.

Mudflap1
09-29-2009, 04:22 PM
The heck with the next head coach. We need a new front office. The new front office, if they are real football guys, will hire a real head coach.

trapezeus
09-29-2009, 04:26 PM
this team needs to draft better. they'd pay less and get more out of them. look at wood and levitre. assuming they stay healthy, they are a good unit to build around. but that's the first time in a long time. but i do believe they added a FO guy who had been successful before.

don't tell the Juice is Loose about historical success. it'll hurt his head

Mudflap1
09-29-2009, 04:28 PM
this team needs to draft better. they'd pay less and get more out of them. look at wood and levitre. assuming they stay healthy, they are a good unit to build around. but that's the first time in a long time. but i do believe they added a FO guy who had been successful before.

don't tell the Juice is Loose about historical success. it'll hurt his head

That is my point. A new great head coach won't be worth what he's being paid if he's got some OK talent, and some crappy draft picks. We need a front office that gets the most of the personnel moves, and then a good head coach who gets the most out of that talent. It's two distinct, but equally vital issues that need to be addressed. Both are subpar and have been for a long time.

trapezeus
09-29-2009, 04:29 PM
right, but i think jauron has had his hands in the draft. a better coach and talent evaluator probably knows when he has more than enough CB's over the course of 4 years of drafting. Maybe a better evaluator says, "you know, if we had better linebackers and DL, those big running backs won't crush our smaller DB's to the IR every season."

Mudflap1
09-29-2009, 04:33 PM
every good coach was inexperienced at one point, and has a "proven" coach ever won a super bowl on their 2nd team??

Don Shula. Bill Belichick. Mike Shanahan. Tom Coughlin. Jon Gruden. Dick Vermeil. Tony Dungy. Bill Parcells has taken multiple teams to the Super Bowl. Dan Reeves took Denver to the Super Bowl, then took Atlanta to the Super Bowl. Marv Levy took the Bills to four Super Bowls.

Boom! Roasted!

BADTHINGSMAN
09-29-2009, 04:43 PM

So its either pay to watch a crappy team year after year, or let that crappy team move?

Virginia Ron
09-29-2009, 04:53 PM
How can you guys watch 4 quarters of the Bills every week? Those
sideline shots of Jauron are hard to take.

Get a TV football package and watch some good games in HD. HD
beats being at any game.

Typ0
09-29-2009, 07:55 PM
The rest of the "big market" teams only fill in their stadiums because of businesses buying seats. there is no sense of community or satisfaction at those games.

What exactly are you talking about? I've been to other big market stadiums and many of the ones I haven't been to I'm sure are totally opposite of what you are saying. It's the ultimate homer crap over and over in western NY. It's such small minded thinking. Those teams have rabid fans and sell out stadiums YEARS in advance having little to nothing to do with businesses buying tickets.

trapezeus
09-29-2009, 11:20 PM
the average fan has a much harder time buying season tickets with the billls than say the jets or giants.

Coworkers who are well to do in NYC never go to anything but one game a season. and they complain about everything. it's too cold...it's too that. these areas are just much bigger so everyone's one game a year makes a sellout.

The jets have had a huge waiting list for the last couple years, but after the economy tanked, people were getting offers to come off the waiting list. seems a bit fickle to me.

boston? such a big city, yet they still needed to name it New England and move it 30 minutes out of Boston.

I'm just saying the stuff other teams did, no one says anything. when the bills did it, it's cause we're dying. Not true.

Typ0
09-30-2009, 04:47 AM
Oh, you are talking about people from the New York met area. Well I've been to JETS games and they are nuts. They aren't all the casual fans you are suggesting. You are steriotyping and not even giving a typical portrayal.

As far as NE that was just smart.

the average fan has a much harder time buying season tickets with the billls than say the jets or giants.

Coworkers who are well to do in NYC never go to anything but one game a season. and they complain about everything. it's too cold...it's too that. these areas are just much bigger so everyone's one game a year makes a sellout.

The jets have had a huge waiting list for the last couple years, but after the economy tanked, people were getting offers to come off the waiting list. seems a bit fickle to me.

boston? such a big city, yet they still needed to name it New England and move it 30 minutes out of Boston.

I'm just saying the stuff other teams did, no one says anything. when the bills did it, it's cause we're dying. Not true.

tampabay25690
09-30-2009, 05:42 AM

Dear Buffalo Bills,

we will decline to purchase our season tickets next year in the event we are subjected to another bad coach. Please hire a proven winner or else face the financial consequences of your mismanagement. The city of Buffalo and the fans of the Bills deserve better.

Ok then we will just have our team sent to a city that will actiually pay NFL prices to watch a game!!!!!!!!!! Sincerely LA BILLS....

TacklingDummy
09-30-2009, 06:16 AM
this is lame

the team is 1-2

there are 28 non proven winning coaches in the nfl

you guys act like you can go to the good coach store and get one

get a clue.It really does come down to the talent on the field. Get the Bills GM.

TacklingDummy
09-30-2009, 06:19 AM
Jauron is 2-21 against winning teams in his 3 years as Bills head coach. he has been measured and been found wanting.

And Mularkey was 5-13, Williams 4-23. Goes to show you the main problem is not the Head Coach. It's the talent on the field.

Fletch
09-30-2009, 06:48 AM

Dear Buffalo Bills,

ROFLMAO

I just about blew coffee all over my keyboard!

Right! Next year they'll sign some more WRs, or draft another player with the 4th overall pick that did great in college but isn't well suited for the NFL, and then hire another stiff coach that you and everyone else will be viewing thru rose colored lenses, etc., etc., etc. .... as everyone goes marching on to buy season tickets because it's going to be different this time around.

Wilson and this defunct team have most of you wrapped around their fingers!

A fool and his money are soon parted.

At least on your resume you can say that you were involved in financing the Bills.

Pretty funny post though.

Typ0
09-30-2009, 06:55 PM
And Mularkey was 5-13, Williams 4-23. Goes to show you the main problem is not the Head Coach. It's the talent on the field.

I disagree. The coaches have changed. The talent has changed. Management has changed. There is only one thing that has not changed.