PDA

View Full Version : Byrd and Florence set to step in

madness
09-29-2009, 12:02 PM
Byrd and Florence set to step in (http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3/Byrd-and-Florence-set-to-step-in/e6bce9e0-278f-4342-9625-d0524d7a1a94)
Jairus Byrd and Drayton Florence saw a good amount of playing time in last Sunday’s game. With injuries suffered by Leodis McKelvin and Donte Whitner in last week's contest, both Byrd and Florence could find themselves starting come Sunday if the regulars are not fit to play by the weekend.
http://www.billszone.com/mt/images/newsicons/bills.gif buffalobills.com/Chris Brown | Posted at 11:51 AM

DraftBoy
09-29-2009, 12:02 PM
Not to be critical of Chris Brown but when has anybody ever recovered from a broken leg in a week?

yordad
09-29-2009, 12:03 PM
Not to be critical of Chris Brown but when has anybody ever recovered from a broken leg in a week?Travis Henry. Give McKelvin some coke, and get him out there!

Pinkerton Security
09-29-2009, 12:05 PM
The positive: Im glad to see what Byrd can do, and Florence did a real good job last week.

The negative: We're not as good on defense now, most probably.

madness
09-29-2009, 12:07 PM
Travis Henry. Give McKelvin some coke, and get him out there!
Looking back on it, I bet it was "I need the game check for child support" more than "I play on a broken leg because I'm a warrior".

Tatonka
09-29-2009, 12:46 PM
everyone said whitner sucks.. we will see this weekend what they say.

jimbohastle51
09-29-2009, 06:25 PM
people can say what they want about him but he has had one down year in his career and he was DAMN good in SD. i like the kid and people also must understand he wasnt paid 3.3 million a year to come here and be just a nickle corner. most the teams in our division run 3 wide sets or flex the TE. he was brought in here to START because most the time we have 3 corners on the field and only 2 LB's. that is why replacing ellison wasnt as big a priority as getting a good corner (which florence is). i like him and think we are not missing a beat with florence in there instead of mckelvin. in reality folks, mckelvin has been borderline terrible so far this year in coverage. maybe with florence and more of a ballhawking safety in byrd it will actually help us. also it gets reggie corner on the field more which i am all for. loosing mckelvin hurts in the return game but with not even a full season of starts under his belt it is hard to say florence cant do as good a job for us. not too mention he is a bigger DB. he is 2 inches taller and a good 10lbs heavier, and miami has 2 big reicevers in patrick turner and that landon kid not too mention camarillo. it could be a big advantage to have such a physical corner out there. and that is what florence is known for. being a big physical ballhawking corner.

PECKERWOOD
09-29-2009, 07:47 PM
I'm very interested to see these two start for us.

Luisito23
09-29-2009, 08:20 PM
loosing mckelvin hurts in the return game

We haven't even been gotten that from him lately, and it's not like we are great at stopping the pass to begin with...I like McKelvin and I still think that he is going to be a good player down the road, but right now I'm actually happy that Florence is starting, and I'm really excited to see what Byrd can do.

jimbohastle51
09-29-2009, 08:28 PM
We haven't even been gotten that from him lately, and it's not like we are great at stopping the pass to begin with...I like McKelvin and I still think that he is going to be a good player down the road, but right now I'm actually happy that Florence is starting, and I'm really excited to see what Byrd can do.

up until last year (and ever DB is entitled to a down year) florence was awesome for SD. he kept cromartie on the bench his rookie year and honestly would have probably started over jammer if the chargers would have paid him the huge money the jags did. i really think he could be a big time player for us accross from mckelvin. and your right about mckelvin kinda being a liability in the defensive backfield right now. we need a vet right now with the recievers we will face this season.

yordad
09-30-2009, 08:06 AM
Looking back on it, I bet it was "I need the game check for child support" more than "I play on a broken leg because I'm a warrior".Then give him some babies madness, lol.