PDA

View Full Version : Dolphins will look to attack our decimated secondary?

mysticsoto
09-29-2009, 12:19 PM
From rotoworld:

Ricky Williams said the thing that makes new starting QB Chad Henne "fun" is he's willing to throw the ball deep downfield.
The Dolphins offense will have a new weapon going forward in Henne's arm. Ted Ginn Jr. should get more chances to beat the secondary over the top, although all the receivers will surely miss Chad Pennington's accuracy. Henne immediately has a good chance to test that arm out against a Bills' secondary that will be without Leodis McKelvin.

I'm not worried about Corner or Florence replacing McKelvin. I am worried about Wilson and Byrd at Safety though. Byrd is young and inexperienced and Wilson gets burnt often allowing for WRs to pass him! He better keep Ginn Jr. in front of him, b'cse if he thinks he has the speed to keep up with him, he's just going to be giving up big plays!

yordad
09-29-2009, 12:24 PM
McGee Vs Ginn part II. This time McGee is healthy. No way the Fins are planning to let it fly. They will pound the rock, control the clock, and their 3-4 will keep Trent in check all day. They will probably own the TOP 2:1.

:ill:

Nighthawk
09-29-2009, 12:34 PM
I'm terrified having Wilson back there...he just isn't very good and is just a STer. Uggh...this may be interesting this week.

The King
09-29-2009, 12:35 PM
The good news is I am a better QB then Henne. Let him throw it all day.

Nighthawk
09-29-2009, 12:36 PM

Be careful what you ask for...remember a few years back when a nobody named Sage Rosenfels came in for the Dolphins and threw all over the Bills?

Forward_Lateral
09-29-2009, 12:56 PM
I have a hard time believing the Fins are going to attack with the pass unless they are trailing by a couple of TDs. They've been most successful by running the snot out of the ball, I don't see why they'd abandon that.

Ed
09-29-2009, 01:00 PM
Yeah, I would expect a heavy dose of Ronnie Brown and the wildcat.

Yasgur's Farm
09-29-2009, 01:04 PM
The Dolphins attacking our secondary would probably be a very big mistake for them.

BillsWin
09-29-2009, 01:23 PM
dick was adament about us throwing to lee and owens more. i dont trust dick, but i hope we do.

mysticsoto
09-29-2009, 03:43 PM
I have a hard time believing the Fins are going to attack with the pass unless they are trailing by a couple of TDs. They've been most successful by running the snot out of the ball, I don't see why they'd abandon that.

They've been successful??? (0-3) ???

Buffalogic
09-29-2009, 03:47 PM
Attack it with what??

Chad Henne to Tedd Ginn?

Doesn't really strike fear into me.

ddaryl
09-29-2009, 03:49 PM
somebody forgot to tell the Dolphins we've drafted 37 DB's and can always replenish our secondary...

Dr. Pepper
09-29-2009, 04:10 PM
in the short term, Florence is an upgrade from McKelvin IMO.

let them try and go long if they want. id like to see some of Byrd's "ball hawking" skills in action.

DMBcrew36
09-29-2009, 08:35 PM

LOL I'll admit I'm biased as a Michigan fan, but you're out of your mind. Henne was a better QB than Tom Brady at Michigan. You talk about him like he was Ryan Mallett of last years 3-9 squad.

That said, it'll be Henne's first NFL start and I think he'll air it out enough for us to get at least one interception (assuming the coaches let him).

bigbry
09-29-2009, 09:03 PM

BINGO!
But this week a few more wrinkles ironed out.

Brown42000
09-29-2009, 09:47 PM
They've been successful??? (0-3) ???

Number 2 rushing offense in the league. They have been successful.

Brown42000
09-29-2009, 09:48 PM
Attack it with what??

Chad Henne to Tedd Ginn?

Doesn't really strike fear into me.

The same Tedd Ginn who burned you guys for 175 receiving yards.

PECKERWOOD
09-29-2009, 10:01 PM
This is where it pays off to have drafted a DB in the first round for the past decade.

Buffalogic
09-29-2009, 10:01 PM
The same Tedd Ginn who burned you guys for 175 receiving yards.That's Ginn's biggest claim to fame for his entire career. 175 yds on a hurt Mcgee. Maybe this week Ginn will bat another TD pass away like he's setting someone up for a volleyball serve.

PECKERWOOD
09-29-2009, 10:03 PM
That's Ginn's biggest claim to fame for his entire career. 175 yds on a hurt Mcgee. Maybe this week Ginn will bat another TD pass away like he's setting someone up for a volleyball serve.

Not to mention, didn't Ginn drop a TD pass to lose Miami the game last week?

LifetimeBillsFan
09-30-2009, 02:00 AM
With Scott and Whitner not likely to play, the Bills don't have a safety who is really strong enough to bring down into the box and be capable of holding up against the running game.

If I'm looking at last week's game tape, I can't help noticing that the Saints ran all over the Bills when the Bills needed to stop their running game and get the ball back because J.Byrd, in particular, isn't strong enough to get the job done in run support.

Given that Miami has a potent running game and that Henne, who Sparano admitted had problems with "location" on his passes last week, will be starting for the first time, if I were Miami, I would try to pound the ball at the Bills to tire out their front seven in the heat and, then, hit the Bills with a few deep balls to Ginn after they are tired and their inexperienced safeties have been beaten up.

Lost in the way that the game ended was the fact that Drayton Florence actually did a pretty good job in coverage after he came in for McKelvin. And, it looks like McGee will be healthy for this game--which he obviously wasn't when Ginn torched him last season. With McGee probably looking to make up for that performance when he was hurt last year, the Bills are in much better shape at cornerback than they are at the safety position. If I were Miami, I would take some shots downfield with Henne during the game, but I would base my game-plan around trying to take advantage of the Bills' safeties and use my powerful running game to wear the Bills down and set their safeties up for some big plays.

And, that's what I expect Miami to try to do. It will be up to the Bills to stop their running game and make Henne have to beat them with numerous accurate throws (which is where his weakness is at this stage of his career).

bigbry
10-03-2009, 04:00 PM
With Scott and Whitner not likely to play, the Bills don't have a safety who is really strong enough to bring down into the box and be capable of holding up against the running game.

If I'm looking at last week's game tape, I can't help noticing that the Saints ran all over the Bills when the Bills needed to stop their running game and get the ball back because J.Byrd, in particular, isn't strong enough to get the job done in run support.

Given that Miami has a potent running game and that Henne, who Sparano admitted had problems with "location" on his passes last week, will be starting for the first time, if I were Miami, I would try to pound the ball at the Bills to tire out their front seven in the heat and, then, hit the Bills with a few deep balls to Ginn after they are tired and their inexperienced safeties have been beaten up.

Lost in the way that the game ended was the fact that Drayton Florence actually did a pretty good job in coverage after he came in for McKelvin. And, it looks like McGee will be healthy for this game--which he obviously wasn't when Ginn torched him last season. With McGee probably looking to make up for that performance when he was hurt last year, the Bills are in much better shape at cornerback than they are at the safety position. If I were Miami, I would take some shots downfield with Henne during the game, but I would base my game-plan around trying to take advantage of the Bills' safeties and use my powerful running game to wear the Bills down and set their safeties up for some big plays.

And, that's what I expect Miami to try to do. It will be up to the Bills to stop their running game and make Henne have to beat them with numerous accurate throws (which is where his weakness is at this stage of his career).

It's hardly a secret, but that seems to be the plan.