Let's face it, a loss to Miami this weekend and the season is done.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Let's face it, a loss to Miami this weekend and the season is done.

Sorry to be a downer but this game is a must win. If we lose this game this season is toast.

We have an opponent that is 0-3 who just lost their starting QB.

This team is to fragile to come back home with a loss. The Jauron must go threads will be everywhere.

Just starting to get a sick feeling in my stomach on the "what if" scenario.
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Re: Let's face it, a loss to Miami this weekend and the season is done.

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
    Sorry to be a downer but this game is a must win. If we lose this game this season is toast.

This team is to fragile to come back home with a loss. The Jauron must go threads will be everywhere.

Umm, Im sorry but the season is not over if we lose this weekend.

Its very possible to still split with our division foes and end up 9-7 or 10-6 either of which could be a playoff season depending on how the rest of the teams do.

Is it likely that this will be a playoff season? Hell no, but I dont need a loss this weekend to tell me its not likely.

But, it is possible to make the playoffs even if we do lose.

Comment

• BuffaloRanger
      WORK HARD. PLAY HARD. LIVE HARD.
      • Mar 2003

Safeties? Gone.
      Tackles? Gone.

Dick? Still here.

Get your butter and jelly ready, this season is already toast.

Sure we could probably beat the bottom dwellers (fins/browns) but the Jets will smash what's left of our Oline into pieces.
      Buffalo Only and Always.

Comment

• EDS
        • Jan 2003

I don't know if the season will be over, but a loss to the Dolphins on Sunday will be tough to swallow given that Pennington is injured and they are currently winless. Definitely will be a cause for concern, if not some justified panic.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
          Making Spirits Bright
          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by HHURRICANE

Couldn't agree more.

Comment

• trapezeus
            Legendary Zoner
            • Oct 2004

you speak the truth. he needs to get the team back. if they lay down like they did after the 4th and 1....chances are that the team is already packing it in and giving up. Jauron teams have fought for him in the past. Will they this week.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by EdwardsEra
              Umm, Im sorry but the season is not over if we lose this weekend.

Its very possible to still split with our division foes and end up 9-7 or 10-6 either of which could be a playoff season depending on how the rest of the teams do.

Is it likely that this will be a playoff season? Hell no, but I dont need a loss this weekend to tell me its not likely.

But, it is possible to make the playoffs even if we do lose.
              Playoffs? Playoffs? Who said Playoffs? Sorry, I stole that from Mora.

Seriously though I think the playoff train already left the station.

I'm talking about not having this season unravel into a 3-13 or 4-12 debacle.

I'm not going to sit here and watch them embarrass themselves for another 13 weeks.

This is a must win just to stay respectable.

Comment

• Jeff1220
                H to the 12:20
                • Jul 2002

If they lose this week, it should be the end of Jauron immediately (that would be the 8th straight division loss).
                But, of course, injuries will be blamed and he'll be given this season as a wash.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                  Give me a minute...
                  • Jul 2002

Miami and Buffalo are both already done.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Typ0
                    honey pie
                    • Jul 2002

I disagree. Our season was over after our demoralizing week one loss to our primary division opponent. Only very good teams recover from something like that and no way are we a very good team. That was a nice opportunity squandered. Game over.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                      Give me a minute...
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Typ0
                      I disagree. Our season was over after our demoralizing week one loss to our primary division opponent. Only very good teams recover from something like that and no way are we a very good team. That was a nice opportunity squandered. Game over.
                      yup...and the final nail came when DJ punted on Sunday - I swear the team quit on him that instant.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Typ0
                        honey pie
                        • Jul 2002

the entire season could have been so different had that ball not been fumbled.

I don't know about the 4th and one though. 7 minutes is a lot of time in a game. Everyone I've heard respond to his press conference totally misread what he was saying about "keeping it there". They seem to believe he was talking about keeping the score tight (it was at ten points). People immediately think that because they want to bash him as a play not to lose guy. But he was talking about keeping the field position not the score probably. Maybe he believed in the defenses ability to play defense...shouldn't he?

Comment

• Ebenezer
                          Give me a minute...
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Typ0
                          the entire season could have been so different had that ball not been fumbled.

I don't know about the 4th and one though. 7 minutes is a lot of time in a game. Everyone I've heard respond to his press conference totally misread what he was saying about "keeping it there". They seem to believe he was talking about keeping the score tight (it was at ten points). People immediately think that because they want to bash him as a play not to lose guy. But he was talking about keeping the field position not the score probably. Maybe he believed in the defenses ability to play defense...shouldn't he?
                          not with the way the offense was playing...he needed them to have every second they could get...kicking it away just gave NO the opportunity to squander time, score or not.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                            • Feb 2005

If Bills lose Sunday, there's an excellent chance Dick says bubbye... That's not "done" as far as I'm concerned.
                            Last edited by Yasgur's Farm; 09-29-2009, 07:51 PM.

Comment

• Ground Chuck
                              • Jul 2009

With a loss, we wouldn't be 100% done, but the fish would be.

Comment

Working...
                              X