PDA

View Full Version : Let's face it, a loss to Miami this weekend and the season is done.

HHURRICANE
09-29-2009, 03:37 PM
Sorry to be a downer but this game is a must win. If we lose this game this season is toast.

We have an opponent that is 0-3 who just lost their starting QB.

This team is to fragile to come back home with a loss. The Jauron must go threads will be everywhere.

Just starting to get a sick feeling in my stomach on the "what if" scenario.

X-Era
09-29-2009, 04:09 PM
Sorry to be a downer but this game is a must win. If we lose this game this season is toast.

This team is to fragile to come back home with a loss. The Jauron must go threads will be everywhere.

Umm, Im sorry but the season is not over if we lose this weekend.

Its very possible to still split with our division foes and end up 9-7 or 10-6 either of which could be a playoff season depending on how the rest of the teams do.

Is it likely that this will be a playoff season? Hell no, but I dont need a loss this weekend to tell me its not likely.

But, it is possible to make the playoffs even if we do lose.

BuffaloRanger
09-29-2009, 04:12 PM
Safeties? Gone.
Tackles? Gone.

Dick? Still here.

Get your butter and jelly ready, this season is already toast.

Sure we could probably beat the bottom dwellers (fins/browns) but the Jets will smash what's left of our Oline into pieces.

EDS
09-29-2009, 04:15 PM
I don't know if the season will be over, but a loss to the Dolphins on Sunday will be tough to swallow given that Pennington is injured and they are currently winless. Definitely will be a cause for concern, if not some justified panic.

Joe Fo Sho
09-29-2009, 04:18 PM

Couldn't agree more.

trapezeus
09-29-2009, 04:25 PM
you speak the truth. he needs to get the team back. if they lay down like they did after the 4th and 1....chances are that the team is already packing it in and giving up. Jauron teams have fought for him in the past. Will they this week.

HHURRICANE
09-29-2009, 05:51 PM
Umm, Im sorry but the season is not over if we lose this weekend.

Its very possible to still split with our division foes and end up 9-7 or 10-6 either of which could be a playoff season depending on how the rest of the teams do.

Is it likely that this will be a playoff season? Hell no, but I dont need a loss this weekend to tell me its not likely.

But, it is possible to make the playoffs even if we do lose.

Playoffs? Playoffs? Who said Playoffs? Sorry, I stole that from Mora.

Seriously though I think the playoff train already left the station.

I'm talking about not having this season unravel into a 3-13 or 4-12 debacle.

I'm not going to sit here and watch them embarrass themselves for another 13 weeks.

This is a must win just to stay respectable.

Jeff1220
09-29-2009, 07:24 PM
If they lose this week, it should be the end of Jauron immediately (that would be the 8th straight division loss).
But, of course, injuries will be blamed and he'll be given this season as a wash. :ill:

Ebenezer
09-29-2009, 07:28 PM
Miami and Buffalo are both already done.

Typ0
09-29-2009, 07:33 PM
I disagree. Our season was over after our demoralizing week one loss to our primary division opponent. Only very good teams recover from something like that and no way are we a very good team. That was a nice opportunity squandered. Game over.

Ebenezer
09-29-2009, 07:41 PM
I disagree. Our season was over after our demoralizing week one loss to our primary division opponent. Only very good teams recover from something like that and no way are we a very good team. That was a nice opportunity squandered. Game over.
yup...and the final nail came when DJ punted on Sunday - I swear the team quit on him that instant.

Typ0
09-29-2009, 07:45 PM
the entire season could have been so different had that ball not been fumbled.

I don't know about the 4th and one though. 7 minutes is a lot of time in a game. Everyone I've heard respond to his press conference totally misread what he was saying about "keeping it there". They seem to believe he was talking about keeping the score tight (it was at ten points). People immediately think that because they want to bash him as a play not to lose guy. But he was talking about keeping the field position not the score probably. Maybe he believed in the defenses ability to play defense...shouldn't he?

Ebenezer
09-29-2009, 07:47 PM
the entire season could have been so different had that ball not been fumbled.

I don't know about the 4th and one though. 7 minutes is a lot of time in a game. Everyone I've heard respond to his press conference totally misread what he was saying about "keeping it there". They seem to believe he was talking about keeping the score tight (it was at ten points). People immediately think that because they want to bash him as a play not to lose guy. But he was talking about keeping the field position not the score probably. Maybe he believed in the defenses ability to play defense...shouldn't he?
not with the way the offense was playing...he needed them to have every second they could get...kicking it away just gave NO the opportunity to squander time, score or not.

Yasgur's Farm
09-29-2009, 07:50 PM
If Bills lose Sunday, there's an excellent chance Dick says bubbye... That's not "done" as far as I'm concerned.

Ground Chuck
09-29-2009, 09:08 PM
With a loss, we wouldn't be 100% done, but the fish would be.

TacklingDummy
09-29-2009, 09:46 PM

You had the Bills done before the season even started.

bigbry
09-29-2009, 09:52 PM

Alright, lets go a different direction. What if the Bills win this week? Then what?

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
09-29-2009, 09:58 PM
Alright, lets go a different direction. What if the Bills win this week? Then what?

Then it would be our first divisional game we won in over a year.

On another note, I don't see it possible for dickhead coach going till the buy week if they are going to dump him.

OpIv37
09-29-2009, 09:58 PM
Done? Well, that's a slight exaggeration. However, we will be up **** creek.

If we lose, we'll be at 1-3 with the Fish with them having a tiebreaker (head to head)

The Patriots will be either 3-1 or 2-2 with a tiebreaker (head to head)

The Jets will be either 4-0 or 3-1 with a tiebreaker (division record)

If we lose, we'll have to make up 3 or 4 games on the Jets for the division and 2 or 3 games on NE just to be in wildcard contention (to say nothing of other AFC teams outside the division). With 12 games left, it's not a death sentence, but it's a terrible position to be in.

PECKERWOOD
09-29-2009, 09:59 PM

Then we got Cleveland next week, so things could be looking up for us.

TacklingDummy
09-29-2009, 10:15 PM
Then we got Cleveland next week, so things could be looking up for us.

That's what some said last year before the Cleveland game.

PECKERWOOD
09-29-2009, 10:16 PM
That's what some said last year before the Cleveland game.

Yup, probably me. :rolleyes:

HHURRICANE
09-30-2009, 07:49 AM

A win cures alot of ills. I would say it would come down to how we played. If we completely dominated for 60 minutes vs. squeeking out a 1 point loserfest.

The fins played pretty tough in the first two games that I watched. They're D looked pretty good to me.