PDA

View Full Version : 12 Penalties for 116 yards...

The King
09-29-2009, 04:28 PM
That's what I am taking away from Sunday.... This team is not good enough to overcome 12 penalties. The offensive line is young and they're going to get beat; I can accept that. I can't accept us beating ourselves.

I dont care to discuss anything else. But that is what pissed me off the most.

Canadian'eh!
09-29-2009, 04:29 PM
#1 sign of a poorly coached team... penalties.

djjimkelly
09-29-2009, 04:55 PM
That's what I am taking away from Sunday.... This team is not good enough to overcome 12 penalties. The offensive line is young and they're going to get beat; I can accept that. I can't accept us beating ourselves.

i care to discuss we are constantly told about what a disciplinarian jauron is and what a teacher

WHAT A JOKE

HHURRICANE
09-29-2009, 06:03 PM
#1 sign of a poorly coached team... penalties.

#1 sign of a team that replaced their starters with five inexperienced newbies.

SainsFan
09-29-2009, 06:11 PM
What I take away from the game
1. Saints played third string left tackle.
2. Saints with flu-strickened r.b. ran for 126 and 2 td's in 2nd half.
3. Your O line is embarassing.
4. I would call sean payton and beg for Jabari Greer.
5. Fred Jackson looks like Fred Sanford.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
09-29-2009, 06:19 PM
Dickheadcoach has not shown me once he can motivate a team to overcome adversity, not once!!!!! enough said

bigbub2352
09-29-2009, 06:33 PM
bad coaching and bad prep coaching

Joe Fo Sho
09-29-2009, 06:46 PM
What I take away from the game
1. Saints played third string left tackle.
2. Saints with flu-strickened r.b. ran for 126 and 2 td's in 2nd half.
3. Your O line is embarassing.
4. I would call sean payton and beg for Jabari Greer.
5. Fred Jackson looks like Fred Sanford.

The hell is a Sains?

LifetimeBillsFan
09-30-2009, 01:36 AM

I agree with you about this being a very bad sign and something that cannot continue.

It is also something that needs to be watched closely to see if it becomes a trend.

In the past the Bills have been a very disciplined team with regard to penalties under Dick Jauron, even when they have fielded even younger and more inexperienced squads. Their discipline and ability to avoid making sloppy mistakes and penalties, etc. were a sign, along with their willingness to play hard every game to the final whistle, that they had all "bought in" to what the coaches were trying to do with the team.

What you saw with all the penalties and sloppy play and with the team seeming to lose enthusiasm after Jauron decided to punt on the 4th and 1 midway through the 4th quarter could all be written off to inexperience and injuries. But, if they continue in the weeks ahead, it could well be a sign that Jauron and his coaching staff are "losing the team".

The guys in the lockerroom aren't stupid. They know that Jauron and the coaching staff are on a very short leash and must at least get the team to a winning record in order to save their jobs. They also know that they, as a team, have already lost two very winnable games and have a tough schedule ahead of them. And, they know what the problems that they are facing, with all of the inexperience and now injuries, are and how that is going to impact their chances of having a winning record this season. In short, they know that, if they don't win those games that are winnable, Jauron is, for all intents and purposes, a lame-duck head coach. And, as a result, some, at the very least, may start to tune him out--which could happen very quickly.

The next two games are going to be critical. The Bills must win both of these games to have a real shot at a winning record. They are going to take some penalties and make some mistakes in these next couple of weeks that will be directly attributable to their inexperience. But, you are absolutely correct, MBBeddard, about this team not being able to afford to make the kinds of mistakes that they made last week against the Saints.

If they continue to make those kinds of mistakes, watch out, because things could become very ugly for the Bills before this season is over. That is something that we, as Bills fans, will have to watch for closely.