PDA

View Full Version : Don Banks of SI gives the Bills a little love

Mudflap1
09-29-2009, 05:51 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/john_lopez/09/29/losing.records/index.html

SquishDaFish
09-29-2009, 06:00 PM
WOW would be nice

Joe Fo Sho
09-29-2009, 06:31 PM
Our next five games are against a combined 1-14 squad??? We better get 4 wins there, cuz it prolly doesn't get any easier.

TigerJ
09-29-2009, 08:06 PM
Nice little article, except you credited the wrong guy. The author of the article is John Lopez, whoever that is. The Lopez article links to the second page of a Don Banks article on teams with a winning record.

Scumbag College
09-29-2009, 08:16 PM
Our next five games are against a combined 1-14 squad??? We better get 4 wins there, cuz it prolly doesn't get any easier.

The article said five of the six teams have a 1-14 record, not counting the Jets in a couple of weeks. It was written awkwardly.

Even with the Jets, there's no excuse for this team going into the bye week at least at .500. The Dolphins are in disarray and have no QB with any significant NFL game experience, the Browns are lost and could be the worst team in the league, and Carolina looks like their best days are behind them.

Joe Fo Sho
09-29-2009, 08:19 PM
The article said five of the six teams have a 1-14 record, not counting the Jets in a couple of weeks. It was written awkwardly.

Even with the Jets, there's no excuse for this team going into the bye week at least at .500. The Dolphins are in disarray and have no QB with any significant NFL game experience, the Browns are lost and could be the worst team in the league, and Carolina looks like their best days are behind them.

Yeah, I saw that after I posted this. Still, taking the Jets into account our opponents are 4-14. My cautious optimism would say that we beat Miami, Cleveland and Carolina, but I don't think we'll score more points than Tennessee or the Jets in a 60 minute ball game. So yup, .500 is more than conceivable.

BillsWin
09-29-2009, 08:24 PM
Well everything he said was true. The Bills have had their moments through three games where they look like a competent, competitive team, however they arent consistent.

Luisito23
09-29-2009, 08:34 PM
If it's one thing the Bills can do is beat up on bad teams, or ones that are having crisis, like the Rams last year, and the Dolphins this week.

Ickybaluky
09-30-2009, 07:14 AM
The Bills will have to make hay against these teams, although those records can be deceptive. Miami lacks big play offensive ability, but has a good defense and running game. Tennessee is better than their record. Houston is a good offensive team.

I forget where I read it, but one guy writing about the Bills this year says they have been tough to play but easy to beat. I think that sums up their season to date. They have played tough in stretches, but need to finish games.

Pinkerton Security
09-30-2009, 07:52 AM
The Bills will have to make hay against these teams, although those records can be deceptive. Miami lacks big play offensive ability, but has a good defense and running game. Tennessee is better than their record. Houston is a good offensive team.

I forget where I read it, but one guy writing about the Bills this year says they have been tough to play but easy to beat. I think that sums up their season to date. They have played tough in stretches, but need to finish games.

True, but Miami will also be starting Chad Henne, a first time starter, which will allow us to focus on that solid running game a bunch more than if the smart Noodle-Arm Pennington was in.

The 2nd paragraph is spot on though. We just cant seem to put it together.