PDA

View Full Version : Bills have now allowed 38 points in the 4th quarter this season

bigbub2352
09-30-2009, 08:47 AM
Fewell's D is a joke i wrote a thread right after the game about Fewell's loser Cover 2 and got bashed cause we played good D for 3 quarters against a high powered offense
Only to give up 80 yds rushing in the 2nd half and lose by 20 pts
I love how the media can put a positive spin on that game and Homers come on here and defend the same D that blew the Pats game and countless others over the last 3 seasons
The COver 2 doesnt work everybody it is easily beaten and when our coaches dont make the adjustments like every other team does in the 2nd half you get 38 points scored on u in the 4th quarter of 3 games
WOW what a joke D
FIRE FEWELL NOW

TacklingDummy
09-30-2009, 09:12 AM
Could it have anything to do with being on the field so much the first 3 Qtrs?

justasportsfan
09-30-2009, 09:16 AM
Although this D can't close anything, it's carried the O all these years. Dicks team is pathetic.

madness
09-30-2009, 09:24 AM
Could it have anything to do with being on the field so much the first 3 Qtrs?

... and injuries. It seems like we have at least three starters out by the end of the game.

psubills62
09-30-2009, 09:26 AM
Our opponents have scored a total of 72 points, if I remembered the scores correctly. That means that 53% of our opponents' points are coming in the 4th quarter. Come on bub, even you can deduce things from that.

Our defense is keeping us in the game. You can't tell me that the defense lost us that Saints game. Our offense didn't score a single point in that game. They didn't move the ball. They were crappy, period. If our offense scores at all to take the lead or tie when it was 10-7, who knows how that game would have gone?

bigbub2352
09-30-2009, 09:40 AM
Our opponents have scored a total of 72 points, if I remembered the scores correctly. That means that 53% of our opponents' points are coming in the 4th quarter. Come on bub, even you can deduce things from that.

Our defense is keeping us in the game. You can't tell me that the defense lost us that Saints game. Our offense didn't score a single point in that game. They didn't move the ball. They were crappy, period. If our offense scores at all to take the lead or tie when it was 10-7, who knows how that game would have gone?
Why is it all about the Saints game?
Take off the goggles
we were 5-1 last yr and finished 7-9
all those games was due to us not playing good offense ?
Really
come on
Fewell's D mite be a great 1st half defense but i have watched repeadly get torn up in the 2nd half
PLease someone defend this D other than the Saints game even thou we LOST by 20 pts
were is the pass rush?
were are the plays being made that change the game?
were is the lead protection?
were is the nasty D?
were is the passion?
when did the D win us a game not just help us stay in a game?
come on
Fewell gets a free pass i love it talk about the Saints

Forward_Lateral
09-30-2009, 09:43 AM
They are tired, for the last time. Go play in traffic.

bigbub2352
09-30-2009, 09:45 AM
They are tired, for the last time. Go play in traffic.
Nice and intelligent
i guess u couldnt understand what i wrote
keep sitting at ur keyboard and saying things like that
hide from the real world

justasportsfan
09-30-2009, 09:46 AM
I guess bigbub is pissed that we don't have a ravens D that carries and wins for the entire team.

bigbub2352
09-30-2009, 09:54 AM
I guess bigbub is pissed that we don't have a ravens D that carries and wins for the entire team.
im pissed that we havent made the playoffs in goin on 10yrs and also pissed that fewell gets a free pass cause our O sucks worse than our D sucks
and the last 3 yrs under his tuteldge what has our D done?
oh yeah got beat and lost
but i agree i am pissed we dont have Ravens D they are at least entertaining to watch

madness
09-30-2009, 10:10 AM

Not this year.

bigbub2352
09-30-2009, 10:15 AM
better have those checked then
might be dirt stains still there from when u tried to play the game in real life and got knocked on your ass all the time
or it could be an STD

Mahdi
09-30-2009, 10:25 AM
Fewell's D is a joke i wrote a thread right after the game about Fewell's loser Cover 2 and got bashed cause we played good D for 3 quarters against a high powered offense
Only to give up 80 yds rushing in the 2nd half and lose by 20 pts
I love how the media can put a positive spin on that game and Homers come on here and defend the same D that blew the Pats game and countless others over the last 3 seasons
The COver 2 doesnt work everybody it is easily beaten and when our coaches dont make the adjustments like every other team does in the 2nd half you get 38 points scored on u in the 4th quarter of 3 games
WOW what a joke D
FIRE FEWELL NOW
Bills Offense:

PUNT PUNT PUNT PUNT INT PUNT PUNT PUNT.

Nuff said. Defense was obviously worn down.

Mahdi
09-30-2009, 10:27 AM
Take off the goggles
Really
come on
Fewell's D mite be a great 1st half defense but i have watched repeadly get torn up in the 2nd half
PLease someone defend this D other than the Saints game even thou we LOST by 20 pts
were is the pass rush?
were is the nasty D?
were is the passion?
come on
Our pass rush sucks. Nothing Fewell can do about that. I blame our DEs for the loss to NE more than any other position. Even Leodis.

justasportsfan
09-30-2009, 10:33 AM
im pissed that we havent made the playoffs in goin on 10yrs and also pissed that fewell gets a free pass cause our O sucks worse than our D sucks
and the last 3 yrs under his tuteldge what has our D done?
oh yeah got beat and lost
but i agree i am pissed we dont have Ravens D they are at least entertaining to watch

you're blamming the D for that? It may not be good but most of the blame is on the offensive side.

psubills62
09-30-2009, 10:50 AM
Take off the goggles
Really
come on
were is the pass rush?
were is the nasty D?
were is the passion?
come on

Wasn't there the statistic about how we only scored 6 points in the last three home games? Maybe the 16-3 Miami win in Toronto last year?

I have no problem admitting that the defense and special teams lost us the Patriots game. But it's not like teams are scoring 40+ points against us. Our defense is giving this offense more than its fair shot. What about the San Francisco game last year? We hold them to 10 points, with Chris Kelsay finally getting a sack when it counts, and our offense gets 3 points???

Heck, all I really need to do is point out the statistics from last year:

Offense: 25th in NFL (yards per game), 23rd in NFL (points per game)
Defense: 14th in NFL (yards per game), 19th in NFL (points per game)

And I have few doubts that the offense's points per game would be a good deal lower without the 52 from the Kansas City game.

Is this a dominating defense? Not at all. Is it good enough for us to win? Yes. Some teams can get away with having one amazing unit and one OK unit (e.g. Colts have a great offense and so-so defense). We have no amazing units, so we need both sides of the ball to be good. Almost every game that the offense steps up, we win.

bigbub2352
09-30-2009, 10:57 AM
Wasn't there the statistic about how we only scored 6 points in the last three home games? Maybe the 16-3 Miami win in Toronto last year?

I have no problem admitting that the defense and special teams lost us the Patriots game. But it's not like teams are scoring 40+ points against us. Our defense is giving this offense more than its fair shot. What about the San Francisco game last year? We hold them to 10 points, with Chris Kelsay finally getting a sack when it counts, and our offense gets 3 points???

Heck, all I really need to do is point out the statistics from last year:

Offense: 25th in NFL (yards per game), 23rd in NFL (points per game)
Defense: 14th in NFL (yards per game), 19th in NFL (points per game)

And I have few doubts that the offense's points per game would be a good deal lower without the 52 from the Kansas City game.

Is this a dominating defense? Not at all. Is it good enough for us to win? Yes. Some teams can get away with having one amazing unit and one OK unit (e.g. Colts have a great offense and so-so defense). We have no amazing units, so we need both sides of the ball to be good. Almost every game that the offense steps up, we win.

Good Post i agree wit h you on alot of your points, but i have watched to many heartbreaking losses and leads given up in the seocnd half that could also pad the defense stats cause they were really good in the 1st half and in the 2nd half get outcoached and give up massive yards or points that only look average at the end of the day cause the stats are for all 4 quarters arguement can go both games
Trust me folks i dont even talk about the Offense cause i know they are also a huuuuuuge part of the problem
My whole point is the coaching and being outcoached
has nothing to do with stats or what game
It is an overall evaluation of how bad our D is when it counts
over the last 3 yrs and 3 games
we need change and we need to get out of this Cover 2 Scheme that allows teams to go underneath and get 1st downs when they need them and keep our non playmaking D on the feild
Change here is the only way that will equal the most importnat thing no matter how you veiw it
WINNING!

bigbub2352
09-30-2009, 10:59 AM
you're blamming the D for that? It may not be good but most of the blame is on the offensive side.
I agree with that for sure
But Fewell's D sucks
the scheme sucks
and doesnt help much when the game comes down to coaching
we get beat everytime
hence Pats hence the past 2 monday night games before that
i just want whats best for this team and that is change

bigbub2352
09-30-2009, 11:00 AM
Bills Offense:

PUNT PUNT PUNT PUNT INT PUNT PUNT PUNT.

Nuff said. Defense was obviously worn down.
agree with u but not just talkig about the Saints game
talking about the last 3 years
way to many games Fewell was outcoached along with his buddy skeletor
i think the offense is horrible too
trust me

justasportsfan
09-30-2009, 11:09 AM
I agree with that for sure
But Fewell's D sucks
the scheme sucks
and doesnt help much when the game comes down to coaching
we get beat everytime
hence Pats hence the past 2 monday night games before that
i just want whats best for this team and that is change

Our biggest mistake is that we let Lebeau go back to pitts and kept Gray.

psubills62
09-30-2009, 11:11 AM
Good Post i agree wit h you on alot of your points, but i have watched to many heartbreaking losses and leads given up in the seocnd half that could also pad the defense stats cause they were really good in the 1st half and in the 2nd half get outcoached and give up massive yards or points that only look average at the end of the day cause the stats are for all 4 quarters arguement can go both games
Trust me folks i dont even talk about the Offense cause i know they are also a huuuuuuge part of the problem
My whole point is the coaching and being outcoached
has nothing to do with stats or what game
It is an overall evaluation of how bad our D is when it counts
over the last 3 yrs and 3 games
we need change and we need to get out of this Cover 2 Scheme that allows teams to go underneath and get 1st downs when they need them and keep our non playmaking D on the feild
Change here is the only way that will equal the most importnat thing no matter how you veiw it
WINNING!

The defense has definitely let us down at times. I do remember some times when they've stepped up (e.g. 2007 against the Jets, big INT to end the game, last year against the Raiders, got some big stops late in the game to allow the offense to come back, took the lead against the Rams last year, etc.). However, they do tend to break down at the worst times.

This year the DL seems to be getting more pressure on the QB. Who would have thought we'd be able to sack Drew Brees twice and get pressure on him several other times? Brees was sacked 13 times all last year, and they had TONS of passing attempts.

I personally think that Bob Sanders has done a good job with the current DL. Except for Maybin (who is still raw), at this point he seems to have gotten the most out of Kelsay, Kyle Williams, Stroud, and an aging Schobel.

I'd love to see our defense become more stout, but right now it is the offense that needs to step up.

bigbub2352
09-30-2009, 11:39 AM
The defense has definitely let us down at times. I do remember some times when they've stepped up (e.g. 2007 against the Jets, big INT to end the game, last year against the Raiders, got some big stops late in the game to allow the offense to come back, took the lead against the Rams last year, etc.). However, they do tend to break down at the worst times.

This year the DL seems to be getting more pressure on the QB. Who would have thought we'd be able to sack Drew Brees twice and get pressure on him several other times? Brees was sacked 13 times all last year, and they had TONS of passing attempts.

I personally think that Bob Sanders has done a good job with the current DL. Except for Maybin (who is still raw), at this point he seems to have gotten the most out of Kelsay, Kyle Williams, Stroud, and an aging Schobel.

I'd love to see our defense become more stout, but right now it is the offense that needs to step up.
Agree again with u about bob sanders
he is getting the most out of our way overpaid Dline and i think once players like Maybin and ellis let loose and can play instead of sitting behind the dead beats we mite see some life in the pass rush
anyway you put it neither side of the ball is good enough to win the superbowl that is what this is all about
good post bro!