NHL Western Conference Preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BlackMetalNinja
    I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
    • May 2005

NHL Western Conference Preview

Devin has posted his preview of the West as we get set for the NHL season to start tommorrow. Check it out here:

CENTRAL DIVISON

Detroit Red Wings – The Red Wings faced Pittsburgh for the second straight year but weren't quite as successful this time around. I think everyone in Detroit has decided to blame Marian Hossa and rightfully so. In the seven Stanley Cup Finals games, Hossa chipped in a solid zero goals, three assists, and ummm… nothing else. The good news for Detroit fans is that he took off for Chicago and the ridiculous contract they gave him so he is their problem now. In typical Hossa fashion, he coincided his signing with his new team by bashing the old team. When will he learn? My guess is never.

The Wings also signed Todd Bertuzzi (why?), Jason Williams, and Patrick Eaves. Leaving Detroit this summer along with Hossa was Ty Conklin, Mikael Samuelsson, and Jiri Hudler. All of these things aside, Detroit's success is in good hands with Pavel Datsyuk, Henrik Zetterberg, and Nicklas Lidstrom. They are basically guaranteed a spot in the postseason but once again it will depend on how effective (or ineffective) Chris Osgood turns out to be. I'd be slightly concerned about that.
    I'll be previewing the Eastern Conference tomorrow too, so be sure to check back!
Working...
X