X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

Eric Moulds had this to say...

i found this info from Mouldsrocks on the other board, but i wanted to share it.

Eric Moulds Comments
    re-run of HS's show...

he said:

-Josh Reed has taken both nate Clements and Antoine Winfield deep this year in camp and has gotten faster

-He has beeen working hard this year learning new schemes and plays because Gildride plans on using him more effectiveley this year by throwing him in the slot and/or putting him in motion so defenses don't have the chance to focus on him. (last year he lined up on teh left or right and that was that) He said to watch for him to be used more like Terrell Ownes is in SF and they'll try to get similar matchups that he does vs LB's and NCB's, SS's etc.

-He said this years defense is the fastest defense he has ever been around as a Buffalo Bill! Look for them to use their speed to get to the QB and confuse opposing offense into turnovers.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe
  • Cntrygal
    Visually stunning but camera-shy.
    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by notacon
    The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• The Natrix
      • Jul 2002

Nice find T!

Byrd.

Comment

• mypoorfriendme
        • Apr 2003

the team report kinda scared me from espn, but when players have as much confidence as moulds does. it helps a lot to excuse the exerts opinion. wow i cant wait til the season starts. we'll see how good we are.
        the dude abides

Comment

• sTp Scott
          • Mar 2003

I hope we can put these things into play and all will be well in B-Lo

Comment

• baalworship
            • May 2003

Thanks Tatonka for the update. I am one of the biggest Josh Reed fans out there. I still remember spilling beer when he fell to us in the draft. I was hosting a draft party out in Tucson and there were TONS of Bills fans at my house. Reed was my favorite college player that year but I assumed he would go to Denver or Green Bay in the 1st. Reed will be HUGE this year when he gets more looks.

As for Gilbride being more creative with Moulds, FINALLY! I've watched how SF finds ways to get the ball to Owens with ZERO help from the other SF scrub receivers and wondered why we weren't as creative with Moulds.

Country Gal- Hey! I went to bed before you posted a greeting on the other thread. Loving this board so far.

Comment

• Wys Guy
              Drew and Sam stole all my hair
              • Jul 2002

I fully agree w/ ya bw!!!

Someone started a thread about Glenn, but heck, G.B. could have taken Reed. They were stuck w/ Glenn. It's amazing that Reed fell to us in the 2nd.

I agree, I think the guy's gonna be huge and an eventual #1 in this league based on what we saw last season. Bob Matthews criticized him b/c he faded down the stretch. Well, so did Price's and Moulds' production too, and heck, Bledsoe faded more than all of them DTS. Yet that didn't seem to matter.

I think the Moulds/Reed tandem is gonna be the most effective in the NFL this year and moreso than the Moulds/Price tandem was. Not in yards hopefully, but in effectiveness. I don't think anyone's hopin' that we put up the football anywhere near what we did last year, which necessarily means there wouldn't be the accompanying yards. But that doesn't mean that the overall effectiveness of a player/team cannot increase. I'm hopin' that Drew finally, after 10 seasons, irons out his "issues" as well on fewer yards and that KG has the sense to put Drew in more of a support role than of a "centerpiece" role.

If not, I'm figurin' ~ 8-8 or 9-7 again. If Drew puts up the ball more than 500 times, then I'll predict that it costs us 5 or 6 games on that merit alone.

Anyway, much of Reed's performance will be predicated on how well Drew plays. If all we do is try to go deep again early and often, then Reed's numbers will suffer. If we try to spread the ball around and go short/OTM more, then Reed will have a killer year.
              Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• imbondz
                Democrats are people too
                • Jan 2003

Re: Eric Moulds had this to say...

Originally posted by Tatonka
                i found this info from Mouldsrocks on the other board, but i wanted to share it.

Eric Moulds Comments
                re-run of HS's show...

he said:

-He said this years defense is the fastest defense he has ever been around as a Buffalo Bill! Look for them to use their speed to get to the QB and confuse opposing offense into turnovers.
                great find T. even faster than the '99 defense? that's awe-some that he said that.
                My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• Wys Guy
                  • Jul 2002

We still don't have a championship caliber pass rush however!

And, "the fastest defense...", we'll see. Other than Spikes and Posey, I don't really see much of a difference from last year to this. And if for any reason at all, Posey doesn't match up to the hype, which he'll essentially have to be playing the best football of his career to do, then the delta between this year and last will essentially be Spikes. B/c Adams sure doesn't bring a ton of speed to the unit.

After Spikes, Adams, and Posey, there are no other "speedsters" new to the team, and as pointed out, Adams isn't, and Posey is a "wait and see."

So to make a statement such as that, and while I appreciate the optimism, is typical preseason/TC talk IMO. We hear that same stuff year in and year out. Then the season begins where we really find out. Just b/c they're players, doesn't mean they're always right. Their job is to encourage each other along w/ the media and fans.

I'll say there will be a notable difference in the speed of the unit bigtime if Jones is 100% capable of playing at the very level that he was when he got hurt. Barring that, the speed of the OL and secondary will be the same with only our OLBs making the change where one side is still questionable IMO.

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• colin
                    Drew's my hero!
                    • Jul 2002

Moulds is a freaking pro's pro, an outstanding player who gets better and is a better leader every year. If he says it, I buy it.

Eric would ***** slap those armchair fools at ESPNever got any prediction right.

Comment

• Tatonka
                      • Jul 2002

the players have to believe to be a superbowl team.. and it sounds like moulds believes..

reminds me of that shirt he was wearing at training camp last year.
                      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Wys Guy
                        • Jul 2002

Of course they have to believe. But I'll wager anyone dollars to donuts that if we go back and find quotes by our top players each year as to how well they think the team and certain players are going to do, then we'd be able to prove them the fools too.

Like I said and as T reiterates, they need to have these notions and attitudes for their own good and the good of the team. You may hear it from the coaches or media, but how many times have you heard a player say "yeah, w/o someone who can play the end we're gonna have a tough time." It never happens, at least not that way.

Just b/c Moulds says it, doesn't mean it's true. Heck, a lot of the players said they believed in RJ. That and a buck will get you a cup of coffee, eh. If I'm not mistaken, Moulds was even one of those saying positive things about RJ.

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Wys Guy

Just b/c Moulds says it, doesn't mean it's true. Heck, a lot of the players said they believed in RJ. That and a buck will get you a cup of coffee, eh. If I'm not mistaken, Moulds was even one of those saying positive things about RJ.
                          BUt if wys says it, it must be true Wys was more optimistic with the 2001 bills than this year.
                          sacrifice1
                          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Captain gameboy
                            • Jul 2002

I think Moulds is becoming a very special asset.
                            I hope Reed's success in minis wasn't because Clements and Winfield got slower.
                            Though I'm sure we'll miss Prices gamebreaking speed, we sure won't miss his run support blocking.

Comment

• Wys Guy
                              • Jul 2002

Even if Reed turns out to be only average, it'll have to do. Very few teams have a WR like Moulds, coupled w/ an RB like Henry, and a very solid OL such as we do. Even if it's a given that Reed is only average, which I don't see happening, then it has to be plenty for Drew to work with. If the only way that our offense can function w/ Drew under center is for us to have two premier WRs, an all-pro RB, and an OL that features 3+ probowlers, then it's time to look for another QB, not another WR.

Drew, even if Reed doesn't play at all, will have more tools than 80% of the teams in this league.

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X