PDA

View Full Version : NHL Eastern Conference Preview

BlackMetalNinja
10-01-2009, 07:15 AM
As promised, here is my full preview of the East... Puck Drop is TONIGHT!

http://www.dandssports.com/2009/09/nhl-preview-eastern-conference_30.html

Atlantic Division

New Jersey Devils - The Devils won the division last year with a solid 103 points and hit the playoffs as the #3 seed, but all those happy feelings vanished quickly as they were ousted in 7 games by the Carolina Hurricanes in the 1st round. Coach Brent Sutter hit the bricks and headed out to Calgary to lead the Flames this season. The Devils then brought back former coach and 1995 Stanley Cup Winner Jacques Lemaire from Minnesota to try and rekindle their winning ways. That likely means the trap will be back in it's full glory, making the Devils almost impossible to watch on a nightly basis.

New Jersey lost star right winger Brian Gionta via free agency, but his numbers over the last 3 years were nowhere near those of his breakout season in 05-06. Long time Devil John Madden also departed the team in the offseason, taking his 10 years experience and heading to a young Chicago team. Finally, goaltender Scott Clemmensen, who did a remarkable job of filling in for an injured Marty Brodeur last year, earned himself a sizeable pay day with the Florida Panthers. In terms of additions, the Devils didn't do a whole lot with the offseason, with Rob Neidermayer coming back to New Jersey on a one year contract probably being the highlight.

SabreEleven
10-01-2009, 08:10 AM
Way to go out on a limb

Eastern Conference Champion:
Pittsburgh Penguins

:rolleyes::snicker:

The King
10-01-2009, 08:18 AM
B's vs Caps tonight!!!!! Its' hockey time!

BlackMetalNinja
10-01-2009, 09:56 AM
Way to go out on a limb

Eastern Conference Champion:
Pittsburgh Penguins

:rolleyes::snicker:Trust me, I hated doing it. I think the Caps could win the East IF Varlamov is the real deal, but until I see it, I just don't know. The Pens are virtually the same team with another year's experience under their belt, and as much I can't stand them, hard to pick against.