PDA

View Full Version : TO vs Harrison

northernbillfan
10-01-2009, 08:28 AM
These two are at it again and Harrison is retired.

Why do great athletes feel the need to belittle each other in public? I follow TO on Twitter just to get an idea of what goes on in that guy's head and the last few tweets have all been about Rodney and steroids. Harrison's latest rip said, "When it comes down to it, I'm a champion. He'll never have that on his resume. He'll never be a champion. He'll look at his stats and say 'I was a great football player, but I was never a champion.'"

Why do players act like this when they don't even face each other? What a bunch of babies.

Article (http://www.democratandchronicle.com/article/20091001/SPORTS03/910010342/)

Jan Reimers
10-01-2009, 08:31 AM
Sounds like 'roid rage.

Pinkerton Security
10-01-2009, 08:35 AM
These two are at it again and Harrison is retired.

Why do great athletes feel the need to belittle each other in public? I follow TO on Twitter just to get an idea of what goes on in that guy's head and the last few tweets have all been about Rodney and steroids. Harrison's latest rip said, "When it comes down to it, I'm a champion. He'll never have that on his resume. He'll never be a champion. He'll look at his stats and say 'I was a great football player, but I was never a champion.'"

Why do players act like this when they don't even face each other? What a bunch of babies.

Article (http://www.democratandchronicle.com/article/20091001/SPORTS03/910010342/)

Rodney Harrison is a douchetastic a-hole. There are FAR better players than yourself Rodney, that cant say they were champions. Why would you sink to that level? He's basically saying the equivalent of "i won and you didnt, so nana-nana-boo-boo".. Seriously, thats what it amounts to.

And I truly appreciate TO trying not to throw his teammates under the bus. The season is young, but he is deferring to team captain Lee Evans, and it is actually really surprising to me.

To me, Harrison is sinking to a pretty low level and TO is actually taking the high road in the argument so far.

trapezeus
10-01-2009, 08:47 AM
harrison is sinking to a newer, lower level, and most of us didn't think that was possible.

Alot of us could be champions if we made illegal hits, grabbed people by the face mask and had much better players in front of us making sure that being safety was like being a rent a cop.

When he got injured last year, i was just estatic.

I hate when dirty players somehow get credibility in the sports media. For all his transgressions, they always loved harrison. Just like Romanowski until his true colors came out in that spitting incident.

Forward_Lateral
10-01-2009, 08:49 AM
Harrison won't have a job on NBC much longer, IMO. He's horrible. He adds nothing to the show, which already sucked anyways.

Pinkerton Security
10-01-2009, 09:01 AM
harrison is sinking to a newer, lower level, and most of us didn't think that was possible.

Alot of us could be champions if we made illegal hits, grabbed people by the face mask and had much better players in front of us making sure that being safety was like being a rent a cop.

When he got injured last year, i was just estatic.

I hate when dirty players somehow get credibility in the sports media. For all his transgressions, they always loved harrison. Just like Romanowski until his true colors came out in that spitting incident.

Seriously...being a champion doesnt really say much about a person. I'm pretty sure if Done Whitner was the safety on the those defenses he won with, that Donte would be a champion as well.

MikeInRoch
10-01-2009, 09:28 AM
Rob Johnson has a ring. 'nuf said.

Pinkerton Security
10-01-2009, 09:32 AM

championship!

Ickybaluky
10-01-2009, 09:42 AM

Hardly the same comparison. Neither is Whitner.

Harrison was a team captain and one of the best players on 2 Superbowl champions. He was hardly along for the ride. He led 2003 team in tackles (140) and was 2nd in 2004, with well over 100 tackles each season. Over those two years he had 5 ints, 6 sacks, 4 forced fumbles and 19 passes defensed. Donte Whitner can only dream of having that kind of impact. He stepped up his game in the playoffs as well, with 7 interceptions in the playoffs in 2003/2004. He was named 1st-team AP All-Pro in 2003 and 2nd-team AP All-Pro in 2004.

You can hate Rodney all you want, but he was a great player, and his impact on the Pats 2003/2004 Championship teams can't be diminished. To think you could replace him with Donte Whitner and not have the team miss a beat is laughable, because he was one of the most important players on those teams. He was a great leader and tone-setter. Belichick called him one of the best players he has ever coached and the best practice player ever.

Pinkerton Security
10-01-2009, 09:47 AM

Harrison was a team captain and one of the best players on 2 Superbowl champions. He was hardly along for the ride. He led 2003 team in tackles (140) and was 2nd in 2004, with well over 100 tackles each season. Over those two years he had 5 ints, 6 sacks, 4 forced fumbles and 19 passes defensed. Donte Whitner can only dream of having that kind of impact. He stepped up his game in the playoffs as well, with 7 interceptions in the playoffs in 2003/2004. He was named 1st-team AP All-Pro in 2003 and 2nd-team AP All-Pro in 2004.

You can hate Rodney all you want, but he was a great player, and his impact on the Pats 2003/2004 Championship teams can't be diminished. To think you could replace him with Donte Whitner and not have the team miss a beat is laughable, because he was one of the most important players on those teams. He was a great leader and tone-setter. Belichick called him one of the best players he has ever coached and the best practice player ever.

sorry but you're not gonna get any love for that scumbag from me. plus i never siad they wouldnt miss a beat, i said they would have still won those championships.

Ickybaluky
10-01-2009, 10:01 AM
sorry but you're not gonna get any love for that scumbag from me. plus i never siad they wouldnt miss a beat, i said they would have still won those championships.

And I couldn't disagree more.

I understand the hate, because he is that type of guy unless he plays for your team. However, you can't deny the impact he had on those teams not matter how much you try. It is the equivalent of saying Pittsburgh could replace Troy Polamalu with Whitner and be the same. Not even close.

Owen DeBoard
10-01-2009, 10:02 AM

And not only did he cheat the game by using HGH he had a coach that also got caught cheating and who knows how long that was goin on. Belicheat said that he was one of his best players he ever coached is because Harrison is a cheater just like him. Takes one to know one if you know what i mean.

trapezeus
10-01-2009, 10:02 AM
harrison is just a bully...i'm sure football players on his team will be like, "oh rodney speaks his mind. We love rodney." but the second that cheap shot artist isn't on your team, you kinda hate the guy.

He's the NFL's claude lemieux, but only without the class.

Pinkerton Security
10-01-2009, 10:17 AM
And I couldn't disagree more.

I understand the hate, because he is that type of guy unless he plays for your team. However, you can't deny the impact he had on those teams not matter how much you try. It is the equivalent of saying Pittsburgh could replace Troy Polamalu with Whitner and be the same. Not even close.

Harrison is NOWHERE near as good as Polamalu. Harrison was a smart player yes but when the Pats were winning championships he wasnt nearly as much of an impact player, he was more of a signal caller than anything, IMO.

Ickybaluky
10-01-2009, 10:41 AM
Harrison is NOWHERE near as good as Polamalu. Harrison was a smart player yes but when the Pats were winning championships he wasnt nearly as much of an impact player, he was more of a signal caller than anything, IMO.

In terms of impact, he was easily the equal of Polamalu on those championship teams. You didn't watch him, the guy was great.

Here are Rodney's two season totals for the 2003/2004 seasons:

264 tackles (186 total)
6 sacks
19 passes defensed
5 Ints
4 fumbles forced

That is incredible production and certainly compares with Polamalu's production. How is that not having an impact?

He was even better in the playoffs those years. He made so many big plays for the Pats those years, he was easliy one of the 5 most indispensible players on those teams. Easily.

I understand people's hate of the guy. Personally, he is one of my favorite players of all-time. He plays with the kind of intensity the game was meant to be played with. The same kind of intensity that guys like Ronnie Lott, Hines Ward and Kevin Mawae play with. Like those players, Rodney is physical, to the point that it annoys other players. However, all those guys are playing the way it was meant to. That isn't dirty, it is physical and intense. The league needs more guys like that, and I'd take any of them on my team

DraftBoy
10-01-2009, 10:46 AM
Harrison is a HOF caliber S, and anybody who doesnt think so is high. He may not get it due to his steroid usage, but I expect him to.

MassEffect218435
10-01-2009, 10:48 AM
People struggle with the truth, Rodney simply speaks the truth.

Pinkerton Security
10-01-2009, 10:50 AM
People struggle with the truth, Rodney simply speaks the truth.

nice input

don137
10-01-2009, 10:53 AM
In terms of impact, he was easily the equal of Polamalu on those championship teams. You didn't watch him, the guy was great.

Here are Rodney's two season totals for the 2003/2004 seasons:

264 tackles (186 total)
6 sacks
19 passes defensed
5 Ints
4 fumbles forced

That is incredible production and certainly compares with Polamalu's production. How is that not having an impact?

He was even better in the playoffs those years. He made so many big plays for the Pats those years, he was easliy one of the 5 most indispensible players on those teams. Easily.

I understand people's hate of the guy. Personally, he is one of my favorite players of all-time. He plays with the kind of intensity the game was meant to be played with. The same kind of intensity that guys like Ronnie Lott, Hines Ward and Kevin Mawae play with. Like those players, Rodney is physical, to the point that it annoys other players. However, all those guys are playing the way it was meant to. That isn't dirty, it is physical and intense. The league needs more guys like that, and I'd take any of them on my team

Yea, but was he on roids during that time period....I will never say he was not a great player however anyone that was busted for roids will always have a black eye because we don't know what he accomplished as a player on or off roids.

trapezeus
10-01-2009, 10:57 AM
but it's still a weird statement, no? "i'm a champion". Rodney wouldn't be a champion on a bad team. And furthermore, he wasn't in a playmaker role. The team survived just as well without him.

TO has succeeded everywhere he's gone...though right now it's not looking so hot, but no one has done well here as a WR in quite a long time.

RockStar36
10-01-2009, 11:22 AM
I get a laugh at this stuff.

Yeah, Harrison is a champion. He cheated using HGH, his Super Bowl winning teams got caught cheating, and he never won anything in SD. He jumped on NE at the tail end of his career and rode to the championships.

Ickybaluky
10-01-2009, 11:34 AM
And furthermore, he wasn't in a playmaker role. The team survived just as well without him.

Really? Because the exact opposite was true. Once he got hurt, they weren't the same defense.

Ickybaluky
10-01-2009, 11:38 AM
He jumped on NE at the tail end of his career and rode to the championships.

He jumped to NE later in his career and helped carry them on his back to a championship. He was one of the 5 most important players on those teams. He was a team captain, for crying out loud. He was one of the best S in the NFL for all but the very beginning and very end of his career. That is about a decade of play.

I really don't understand fans who can't give a player his due. No matter what you think of a player, you can't deny what they were. You can try to marginalize them, but the facts say otherwise.

Dr. Lecter
10-01-2009, 11:40 AM
Harrison is/was a jackass, but was a very good player.

I do think his last year or two were not as good as injuries and age slowed him. And his being suspended will cast a cloud over his career.

But, damn in his prime he was special.

That being said, he and TO should both stfu and let teenagers have twitter fights.

trapezeus
10-01-2009, 12:51 PM
NE, i'll give you that he was good. but he got good from cheating....and then the team as a whole cheated....so there is a bit of a cloud for the team.

but just in terms of the TO and him battle, it's odd that he says he's a champion. His team was a champion. and he's saying it as he's mocking TO for being a "Me" guy. Then he takes his teams "accomplishment" and attributes it to himself. So like everyone said, the ax he's grinding on NBC isn't really entertaining.

I still think these shows need to get articulate former players who like breaking the film down instead of pushing these cupcake stories of who likes who and who hates who. Show me more of the game that i don't get to see when i watch the tecmo bowl camera angle.

northernbillfan
10-01-2009, 12:55 PM
Harrison is/was a jackass, but was a very good player.

I do think his last year or two were not as good as injuries and age slowed him. And his being suspended will cast a cloud over his career.

But, damn in his prime he was special.

That being said, he and TO should both stfu and let teenagers have twitter fights.Did you read some of those Tweets? They sound like they were written by teenagers.

DynaPaul
10-01-2009, 01:30 PM

Yeah, he looked real great when he couldn't even break up a pass where the receiver caught it on his helmet in the Super Bowl.

Goobylal
10-01-2009, 02:56 PM
For starters, the Patriots won a SB with Lawyer Milloy at SS. So believing Harrison was a major part of their 2 SB later wins is specious at best. And Harrison was considered washed-up with SD, hence the reason they cut him. Then he becomes rejuvenated with the Patriots, only later to be found to be taking HGH. Nevermind his dirty play, and the illegal videotaping, which is obviously what initially set-off Harrison when it came to TO.

StuffEmDefense
10-01-2009, 04:03 PM
Harrison- Cheated Wasn't a Stud prior to Cheating in NE example SD. So no Barry Bonds comparison, He gets the David Ortiz comparison. Never reached his peak until POST Ped's. End of Story.

Joe Fo Sho
10-01-2009, 07:10 PM
He jumped to NE later in his career and helped carry them on his back to a championship. He was one of the 5 most important players on those teams. He was a team captain, for crying out loud. He was one of the best S in the NFL for all but the very beginning and very end of his career. That is about a decade of play.

I really don't understand fans who can't give a player his due. No matter what you think of a player, you can't deny what they were. You can try to marginalize them, but the facts say otherwise.

Yeah, but they cheated. I guess it's really a moot point, huh? Cuz no one knows what would've been had they not cheated. They clearly had an advantage in every game, ya know, cuz of the cheating. If you add in the steriods, I guess you could say that Harrison is the cheatiest cheater that ever done cheated. Hard to argue.

yordad
10-01-2009, 07:30 PM
Well, in 7.5 years when TO is a first ballot HOFer, wtf is Harrison going to say then? Ah wait, nothing, he will have been fired well before that.

Dr. Lecter
10-01-2009, 08:54 PM
Well, in 7.5 years when TO is a first ballot HOFer, wtf is Harrison going to say then? Ah wait, nothing, he will have been fired well before that.

Maybe he will point to his rings.

Ickybaluky
10-01-2009, 09:05 PM

Harrison actually said he is a HOF player. Rodney never denied his talent, he stated he is a great player. What he said was Owens would never be a champion because he didn't put himself ahead of the team. That is his criticism, that Owens is a selfish player and he won't win because of that.

Now, I don't agree with Rodney, but that is his opinion. He isn't alone in criticizing Owens, Tony Dungy also had some pretty stinging criticism of TO.

If I were to argue against Rodney, I'd point to Moss. Like Owens, Moss is a terrific talent who has been accused of being selfish. Like Owens, Moss post-season results have not been up to his regular season success. What is the difference between the two? Yet Rodney lauds Moss' work ethic and leadership. That is hypocritical, IMO.

That said, I can separate the player from what I think of him, and it is silly for fans to degrade a guy because they don't like him. I never liked Dan Marino, but I'm not going to deny he one of the best QB in NFL history. Just because Owens plays for the Bills, I'm not going to say he isn't a great player. I think it is dumb to deny the facts just because you dislike a guy. It just makes you look foolish.

Nighthawk
10-01-2009, 09:14 PM
The guy was a good player, but he's always been an ass and obviously will continue to be one. He cheated, the Pats cheated and they have rings...umm, how do you explain that to kids? "Hey kids...cheaters never win...err, ok, sometimes they do!"

Did I say that I hate the Pats???

Joe Fo Sho
10-01-2009, 09:21 PM
Marino never cheated.

yordad
10-01-2009, 09:23 PM
Harrison actually said he is a HOF player. Rodney never denied his talent, he stated he is a great player. What he said was Owens would never be a champion because he didn't put himself ahead of the team. That is his criticism, that Owens is a selfish player and he won't win because of that.

Now, I don't agree with Rodney, but that is his opinion. He isn't alone in criticizing Owens, Tony Dungy also had some pretty stinging criticism of TO.

If I were to argue against Rodney, I'd point to Moss. Like Owens, Moss is a terrific talent who has been accused of being selfish. Like Owens, Moss post-season results have not been up to his regular season success. What is the difference between the two? Yet Rodney lauds Moss' work ethic and leadership. That is hypocritical, IMO.

That said, I can separate the player from what I think of him, and it is silly for fans to degrade a guy because they don't like him. I never liked Dan Marino, but I'm not going to deny he one of the best QB in NFL history. Just because Owens plays for the Bills, I'm not going to say he isn't a great player. I think it is dumb to deny the facts just because you dislike a guy. It just makes you look fooli****** doesn't take one unselfish player to win a super bowl. It takes a good team. It isn't like Owens, didn't catch 9 passes for 122 yards in the super bowl with a sever ankle sprain and a fractured leg.

I am not saying dirty Harrison wasn't a very good safety. Heck, he may get HOF consideration. Harrison's rings say he was on a great team. However, Owens first ballot HOF induction says he was one of the greatest players of all time.

Not to mention, Harrison owes it to his employer to act more professionally on their show.

StuffEmDefense
10-01-2009, 09:31 PM
NE, How come you are not responding to or acknowledging the Harrison/cheater/HGH issue?

Ickybaluky
10-02-2009, 08:44 AM
NE, How come you are not responding to or acknowledging the Harrison/cheater/HGH issue?

Because it is stupid. Why respond? What would that accomplish? People say stuff like that all the time, but it really doesn't mean anything. People just raise stuff like that because they hate the team or player and it is a way for them to insult. Nothing I say is going to change anybody's mind, people are going to hate him. They are just mad because he opened his mouth about TO.

I'm debating Rodney's play. I try to focus on that. For someone to say he wasn't a key player on the Pats those years or that he really wasn't that good flies in the fact of the facts. That is all I'm trying to point out. Look at his numbers, his performance. Rodney is one of the best S in the NFL over his career, not matter what you think of him personally.

The fact is Rodney got caught with HGH when re-habbing an injury in 2006. That one event doesn't define his whole career. We really don't know much beyond that, other than people who don't like him are going to use that to put him down. I don't know if you noticed, but players have gotten a lot bigger and stronger in the last 20 years. It is pretty naive to think Rodney was doing anything out of the ordinary.

trapezeus
10-02-2009, 08:49 AM
i agree, TO's eagle performance was more eye openning than Rodney's superbowl contributions. TO came back from a serious injury ahead of schedule and had a legendary game if they won. It was like thurman thomas during superbowl 1. An incredible effort that should have gotten MVP honors.

Ickybaluky
10-02-2009, 09:02 AM
i agree, TO's eagle performance was more eye openning than Rodney's superbowl contributions. TO came back from a serious injury ahead of schedule and had a legendary game if they won. It was like thurman thomas during superbowl 1. An incredible effort that should have gotten MVP honors.

Rodney had a hell of a game in that Superbowl. He finished with 7 tackles, a sack and 2 interceptions, and could have won MVP himself. He had 4 interceptions in 3 games during the 2004 playoffs, and was a big-time player in every playoffs the Pats had.

TO's performance in that game was impressive. However, Deion Branch (who did win the game MVP) had more catches and yardage.

Joe Fo Sho
10-02-2009, 09:46 AM
Because it is stupid. Why respond? What would that accomplish? People say stuff like that all the time, but it really doesn't mean anything. People just raise stuff like that because they hate the team or player and it is a way for them to insult. Nothing I say is going to change anybody's mind, people are going to hate him. They are just mad because he opened his mouth about TO.

I'm debating Rodney's play. I try to focus on that. For someone to say he wasn't a key player on the Pats those years or that he really wasn't that good flies in the fact of the facts. That is all I'm trying to point out. Look at his numbers, his performance. Rodney is one of the best S in the NFL over his career, not matter what you think of him personally.

The fact is Rodney got caught with HGH when re-habbing an injury in 2006. That one event doesn't define his whole career. We really don't know much beyond that, other than people who don't like him are going to use that to put him down. I don't know if you noticed, but players have gotten a lot bigger and stronger in the last 20 years. It is pretty naive to think Rodney was doing anything out of the ordinary.

It is my opinion that Rodney Harrison's play was directly correlated to his use of HGH and the fact that the Patriots cheated.

Whether everyone's doing it or not, it's still wrong. I'm sure that others are using steriods, but in order for me to continue enjoying football the way that I currently do, if you don't get caught, you didn't do steroids.

I'm actually ok with the fact that Baseball players used steriods prior to 2003, because it was not against the rules. I'd have done the same thing A-Rod did. Take some steriods, have an unbelievable few seasons, and sign an ENORMOUS contract s that I could live the way I believe I should.

StuffEmDefense
10-02-2009, 09:56 AM
It is my opinion that Rodney Harrison's play was directly correlated to his use of HGH and the fact that the Patriots cheated.

Whether everyone's doing it or not, it's still wrong. I'm sure that others are using steriods, but in order for me to continue enjoying football the way that I currently do, if you don't get caught, you didn't do steroids.

I'm actually ok with the fact that Baseball players used steriods prior to 2003, because it was not against the rules. I'd have done the same thing A-Rod did. Take some steriods, have an unbelievable few seasons, and sign an ENORMOUS contract s that I could live the way I believe I should.

You are ok with baseball players using an illegal drug? Prior to 03 if a police officer found steroids on you, you'd get arrested but you're ok if a ball player
using it cause it wasn't listed. Come on, regardless of being listed, it was against the law!

Pinkerton Security
10-02-2009, 10:53 AM
You are ok with baseball players using an illegal drug? Prior to 03 if a police officer found steroids on you, you'd get arrested but you're ok if a ball player
using it cause it wasn't listed. Come on, regardless of being listed, it was against the law!

that cant be right...if it was legal in the MLB there's no way it was illegal everywhere else..

StuffEmDefense
10-02-2009, 10:59 AM
Congress made anabolic steroids a controlled substance on Feb. 27, 1991. They are a Schedule III controlled substance; other drugs in that category are substances that are known to have legitimate medical uses, as well as the potential for physical or psychological addiction. On the date the law was passed, everyone holding a supply of anabolic steroids was required to surrender it to Drug Enforcement Administration authorities or transfer it to a government-approved distributor.

Pinkerton Security
10-02-2009, 11:02 AM
Congress made anabolic steroids a controlled substance on Feb. 27, 1991. They are a Schedule III controlled substance; other drugs in that category are substances that are known to have legitimate medical uses, as well as the potential for physical or psychological addiction. On the date the law was passed, everyone holding a supply of anabolic steroids was required to surrender it to Drug Enforcement Administration authorities or transfer it to a government-approved distributor.

i stand corrected. this makes me even more angry about a-roid being a flaming bag of douche.

Ickybaluky
10-02-2009, 11:03 AM

The fact is, there is no evidence Rodney ever did steroids. The only evidence is that Rodney received HGH when recovering from his knee injury prior to the 2006 season. I'm not sure how that has any effect on the rest of his career. There is no evidence Rodney ever took anything in his career prior to 2006, so his plays stands on it's own.

I mean, in 1999 Brett Favre was abusing Vicodin, a painkiller that undoubtedly contributed to his being able to play through injury. Does that color his entire career? I don't think so. Guys make mistakes. In the end, you can only judge them on their play.

The fact is, the Patriots got caught videotaping defensive signals in violation of the league guidelines. Now, other teams were stealing signals, it was the method that was wrong, a procedural violation. There is no evidence that had any impact on game, especially since the Pats overall record since then is better than it was prior.

Like I said, you are going to believe what you want to believe despite the facts. So, why should we debate it? You don't like someone or something, so you put it down. Hey, you can think whatever you want, but it has no effect on me and it doesn't change the facts.

BuffaloRanger
10-02-2009, 11:11 AM
Rodney Harrison was the dirtiest football player of the decade. As voted by the players and coaches.

He's garbage.

How he got the job on TV...oh yeah because he's a well spoken, black, former player from a team that the media has a hard on for, but every non-Pat fan in the country thinks is a POS. Nevermind.

BuffaloRanger
10-02-2009, 11:13 AM
That is not meant as a defense of TO.

I just despise all boston teams and thus their fans.

StuffEmDefense
10-02-2009, 12:40 PM
The fact is, there is no evidence Rodney ever did steroids. The only evidence is that Rodney received HGH when recovering from his knee injury prior to the 2006 season. I'm not sure how that has any effect on the rest of his career. There is no evidence Rodney ever took anything in his career prior to 2006, so his plays stands on it's own.

I mean, in 1999 Brett Favre was abusing Vicodin, a painkiller that undoubtedly contributed to his being able to play through injury. Does that color his entire career? I don't think so. Guys make mistakes. In the end, you can only judge them on their play.

The fact is, the Patriots got caught videotaping defensive signals in violation of the league guidelines. Now, other teams were stealing signals, it was the method that was wrong, a procedural violation. There is no evidence that had any impact on game, especially since the Pats overall record since then is better than it was prior.

Like I said, you are going to believe what you want to believe despite the facts. So, why should we debate it? You don't like someone or something, so you put it down. Hey, you can think whatever you want, but it has no effect on me and it doesn't change the facts.

There is a HUGE difference between Vicodin and PED's. Vicodin is a analgesic/narcotic that contains mostly acetaminophen - a pain killer. It is in no way a Performance Enhancing drug, no more than the copious amounts of Advil these athletes use.

Harrison is accused and did take Anabolic steroids and/or HGH - both PED's. Farve was addicted to a narcotic. Painkillers do not "ENHANCE" performance, they just allows the injured player to get on the field and often their performance is degraded due to the injury being masked.

They don't add muscle growth, speed, power...

Ickybaluky
10-02-2009, 12:58 PM
There is a HUGE difference between Vicodin and PED's. Vicodin is a analgesic/narcotic that contains mostly acetaminophen - a pain killer. It is in no way a Performance Enhancing drug, no more than the copious amounts of Advil these athletes use.

Harrison is accused and did take Anabolic steroids and/or HGH - both PED's. Farve was addicted to a narcotic. Painkillers do not "ENHANCE" performance, they just allows the injured player to get on the field and often their performance is degraded due to the injury being masked.

They don't add muscle growth, speed, power...

You miss the point. Favre was abusing prescription painkillers, yet that doesn't color his whole career.

Rodney was caught receiving HGH in 2006 when re-habbing an injury. There is no evidence he ever took anything else, including steroids, at any point in his career, so it isn't fair to judge his entire career based on that one episode.

Just because a player makes a mistake, it doesn't make me throw out years of productive play. I don't do that to the likes of Luis Castillo, Pat Williams, Kevin Williams, Charles Grant, Will Smith or any of the other players called into question because of failed tests. I assume a lot of these guys are on something anyway.

All you are trying to do is take an episode and use it to lessen the player Rodney was, despite no real evidence he ever took anything other than when recovering from an injury in 2006. You are doing this because you don't like the guy. That is fine, if it is what you want, but really why should we discuss it further when we don't agree?

StuffEmDefense
10-02-2009, 01:34 PM
You miss the point. Favre was abusing prescription painkillers, yet that doesn't color his whole career.

Rodney was caught receiving HGH in 2006 when re-habbing an injury. There is no evidence he ever took anything else, including steroids, at any point in his career, so it isn't fair to judge his entire career based on that one episode.

Just because a player makes a mistake, it doesn't make me throw out years of productive play. I don't do that to the likes of Luis Castillo, Pat Williams, Kevin Williams, Charles Grant, Will Smith or any of the other players called into question because of failed tests. I assume a lot of these guys are on something anyway.

All you are trying to do is take an episode and use it to lessen the player Rodney was, despite no real evidence he ever took anything other than when recovering from an injury in 2006. You are doing this because you don't like the guy. That is fine, if it is what you want, but really why should we discuss it further when we don't agree?

HGH is the equivalent to Anabolic Steroids. Rehab my ass. He took it, just like every other cheater to get Stronger, Faster, and Bigger. The sugar coating, to say he did it to heal from an injury is a joke. Did a doctor prescribe this HGH?

Several studies of senior patients have found that hGH helps build lean muscle mass. We don't need to discuss it further. I wanted to throw the hogwash Injury Justification in trash can. The list of guys you listed are all cheaters too. They are on same level as Mr. Harrison. Favre didn't cheat, he had a drug problem. An addiction to pills, they didn't give him big strong muscles that took him to next level. Harrison got busted when he did, but the fact he lost all credibility and now everyone will question Did he improve in NE or was he taking PED's in NE all along! He got caught cheating, and we are to believe it is his first time puleeese.

Ickybaluky
10-02-2009, 02:44 PM
HGH is the equivalent to Anabolic Steroids. Rehab my ass. He took it, just like every other cheater to get Stronger, Faster, and Bigger. The sugar coating, to say he did it to heal from an injury is a joke. Did a doctor prescribe this HGH?

Again, your dislike of the player is leading you to make broad conclusions that have no basis in fact. I understand why you do it, but I think it is stupid.

The fact is, Rodney was investigated and admitted to taking HGH in recovery of that injury. Other than that, there is no evidence he did anything any other player did. The Feds investigated him and found no evidence of any other shipments of HGH than the one he received in 2006. He was tested throughout his career, like every other NFL player, and came up clean.

There are no facts to back up your contention he was on PED's prior to that. You can hate him all you want, but it makes you look dumb to deny what he did on the field.

Rodney was a great player for a number of years. He was a great player in San Diego. There was no performance spike. The guy was a player from the start. You make it sound like he was some mediocre stiff who took something to get better. It wasn't great athletic ability that made Rodney what he was. He wasn't the fastest guy. He was a smart, instinctive player who excelled because he was a great competitor who played the game with rare intensity. Those guys are born, not made.

yordad
10-02-2009, 03:05 PM
There is a big difference between pain killers and HGH. And, just because he didn't get caught sooner, doesn't mean he didn't use it sooner.

Cheating is cheating. He isn't Dirty Harry-son for no reason. Actually there is a couple reasons.