• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • northernbillfan
    Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

TO vs Harrison

These two are at it again and Harrison is retired.

Why do great athletes feel the need to belittle each other in public? I follow TO on Twitter just to get an idea of what goes on in that guy's head and the last few tweets have all been about Rodney and steroids. Harrison's latest rip said, "When it comes down to it, I'm a champion. He'll never have that on his resume. He'll never be a champion. He'll look at his stats and say 'I was a great football player, but I was never a champion.'"

Why do players act like this when they don't even face each other? What a bunch of babies.

Article
    When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

• Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

Re: TO vs Harrison

Sounds like 'roid rage.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
      Pinkerton's son
      • Feb 2006

Originally posted by northernbillfan
      These two are at it again and Harrison is retired.

Why do great athletes feel the need to belittle each other in public? I follow TO on Twitter just to get an idea of what goes on in that guy's head and the last few tweets have all been about Rodney and steroids. Harrison's latest rip said, "When it comes down to it, I'm a champion. He'll never have that on his resume. He'll never be a champion. He'll look at his stats and say 'I was a great football player, but I was never a champion.'"

Why do players act like this when they don't even face each other? What a bunch of babies.

Article

Rodney Harrison is a douchetastic a-hole. There are FAR better players than yourself Rodney, that cant say they were champions. Why would you sink to that level? He's basically saying the equivalent of "i won and you didnt, so nana-nana-boo-boo".. Seriously, thats what it amounts to.

And I truly appreciate TO trying not to throw his teammates under the bus. The season is young, but he is deferring to team captain Lee Evans, and it is actually really surprising to me.

To me, Harrison is sinking to a pretty low level and TO is actually taking the high road in the argument so far.

Comment

• trapezeus
        Legendary Zoner
        • Oct 2004

harrison is sinking to a newer, lower level, and most of us didn't think that was possible.

Alot of us could be champions if we made illegal hits, grabbed people by the face mask and had much better players in front of us making sure that being safety was like being a rent a cop.

When he got injured last year, i was just estatic.

I hate when dirty players somehow get credibility in the sports media. For all his transgressions, they always loved harrison. Just like Romanowski until his true colors came out in that spitting incident.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
          • Mar 2004

Harrison won't have a job on NBC much longer, IMO. He's horrible. He adds nothing to the show, which already sucked anyways.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
            Pinkerton's son
            • Feb 2006

Originally posted by trapezeus
            harrison is sinking to a newer, lower level, and most of us didn't think that was possible.

Alot of us could be champions if we made illegal hits, grabbed people by the face mask and had much better players in front of us making sure that being safety was like being a rent a cop.

When he got injured last year, i was just estatic.

I hate when dirty players somehow get credibility in the sports media. For all his transgressions, they always loved harrison. Just like Romanowski until his true colors came out in that spitting incident.
            Seriously...being a champion doesnt really say much about a person. I'm pretty sure if Done Whitner was the safety on the those defenses he won with, that Donte would be a champion as well.

Comment

• MikeInRoch
              • Sep 2003

Rob Johnson has a ring. 'nuf said.
              "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                Pinkerton's son
                • Feb 2006

Originally posted by MikeInRoch
                championship!

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                  • Jul 2003

Originally posted by MikeInRoch
                  Hardly the same comparison. Neither is Whitner.

Harrison was a team captain and one of the best players on 2 Superbowl champions. He was hardly along for the ride. He led 2003 team in tackles (140) and was 2nd in 2004, with well over 100 tackles each season. Over those two years he had 5 ints, 6 sacks, 4 forced fumbles and 19 passes defensed. Donte Whitner can only dream of having that kind of impact. He stepped up his game in the playoffs as well, with 7 interceptions in the playoffs in 2003/2004. He was named 1st-team AP All-Pro in 2003 and 2nd-team AP All-Pro in 2004.

You can hate Rodney all you want, but he was a great player, and his impact on the Pats 2003/2004 Championship teams can't be diminished. To think you could replace him with Donte Whitner and not have the team miss a beat is laughable, because he was one of the most important players on those teams. He was a great leader and tone-setter. Belichick called him one of the best players he has ever coached and the best practice player ever.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                    Pinkerton's son
                    • Feb 2006

Originally posted by NE39

Harrison was a team captain and one of the best players on 2 Superbowl champions. He was hardly along for the ride. He led 2003 team in tackles (140) and was 2nd in 2004, with well over 100 tackles each season. Over those two years he had 5 ints, 6 sacks, 4 forced fumbles and 19 passes defensed. Donte Whitner can only dream of having that kind of impact. He stepped up his game in the playoffs as well, with 7 interceptions in the playoffs in 2003/2004. He was named 1st-team AP All-Pro in 2003 and 2nd-team AP All-Pro in 2004.

You can hate Rodney all you want, but he was a great player, and his impact on the Pats 2003/2004 Championship teams can't be diminished. To think you could replace him with Donte Whitner and not have the team miss a beat is laughable, because he was one of the most important players on those teams. He was a great leader and tone-setter. Belichick called him one of the best players he has ever coached and the best practice player ever.

sorry but you're not gonna get any love for that scumbag from me. plus i never siad they wouldnt miss a beat, i said they would have still won those championships.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                      • Jul 2003

Originally posted by pinkdogg32
                      sorry but you're not gonna get any love for that scumbag from me. plus i never siad they wouldnt miss a beat, i said they would have still won those championships.
                      And I couldn't disagree more.

I understand the hate, because he is that type of guy unless he plays for your team. However, you can't deny the impact he had on those teams not matter how much you try. It is the equivalent of saying Pittsburgh could replace Troy Polamalu with Whitner and be the same. Not even close.

Comment

• Owen DeBoard
                        • Sep 2007

And not only did he cheat the game by using HGH he had a coach that also got caught cheating and who knows how long that was goin on. Belicheat said that he was one of his best players he ever coached is because Harrison is a cheater just like him. Takes one to know one if you know what i mean.
                        To be the man you got to beat the man!

Comment

• trapezeus
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Oct 2004

harrison is just a bully...i'm sure football players on his team will be like, "oh rodney speaks his mind. We love rodney." but the second that cheap shot artist isn't on your team, you kinda hate the guy.

He's the NFL's claude lemieux, but only without the class.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                            Pinkerton's son
                            • Feb 2006

And I couldn't disagree more.

I understand the hate, because he is that type of guy unless he plays for your team. However, you can't deny the impact he had on those teams not matter how much you try. It is the equivalent of saying Pittsburgh could replace Troy Polamalu with Whitner and be the same. Not even close.
                            Harrison is NOWHERE near as good as Polamalu. Harrison was a smart player yes but when the Pats were winning championships he wasnt nearly as much of an impact player, he was more of a signal caller than anything, IMO.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                              • Jul 2003

Originally posted by pinkdogg32
                              Harrison is NOWHERE near as good as Polamalu. Harrison was a smart player yes but when the Pats were winning championships he wasnt nearly as much of an impact player, he was more of a signal caller than anything, IMO.
                              In terms of impact, he was easily the equal of Polamalu on those championship teams. You didn't watch him, the guy was great.

Here are Rodney's two season totals for the 2003/2004 seasons:

264 tackles (186 total)
                              6 sacks
                              19 passes defensed
                              5 Ints
                              4 fumbles forced

That is incredible production and certainly compares with Polamalu's production. How is that not having an impact?

He was even better in the playoffs those years. He made so many big plays for the Pats those years, he was easliy one of the 5 most indispensible players on those teams. Easily.

I understand people's hate of the guy. Personally, he is one of my favorite players of all-time. He plays with the kind of intensity the game was meant to be played with. The same kind of intensity that guys like Ronnie Lott, Hines Ward and Kevin Mawae play with. Like those players, Rodney is physical, to the point that it annoys other players. However, all those guys are playing the way it was meant to. That isn't dirty, it is physical and intense. The league needs more guys like that, and I'd take any of them on my team
                              Last edited by Ickybaluky; 10-01-2009, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X