• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

ray of hope for the week

"They did some different things that we've made adjustments to and have answers for now," Van Pelt said of the Saints. "Down the road, we'll not have those issues."

Well that's refreshing a team that can learn from past games. it's quite a departure from the Jauron led theory of keep jamming a round peg into a square hole and hope for different results.

hopefully we see the bills be more successful this week. and this is the type of thinking a good team needs.
  • Pinkerton Security
    Pinkerton's son
    • Feb 2006

Re: ray of hope for the week

yeah lets see if he can actually adapt tho

Comment

• psubills62
      Legendary Zoner
      • Sep 2008

When did he say that?

That's very good to hear. Honestly, we never made adjustments to the looks we got last year, especially against the 3-4 defense. If AVP did in fact make adjustments, I'm excited to see them.
      "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
      - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• DMBcrew36
        • Feb 2005

Link?

If he did say that, it is quite a resounding response to Sunday's performance. He seems quite confident - hopefully not overly confident.

Comment

• LtFinFan66
          • Mar 2005

so basically when you play the Saints again, you will be ready for them. That's what I personally got from that quote

Comment

• trapezeus
            Legendary Zoner
            • Oct 2004

i assume he said it yesterday. that was a quote in a buffalonews.com article.

that's a sign of progress if they can make changes. like you said, last year it was so frustrating to see them get in 3rd and short, and then run the exact same run to the left off tackle and get stuffed every time.

if AVP can bring a radically different gameplan to miami, that'll be some good news. Also, i think if the bills get into a slow battle with the dolphins we lose. if we come out and put up points fast and make it hard for the dolphins to patiently churn the yards and clock, they'll lose. so the Offense, more than ever, need to come out and score TDs in their first couple of drives.
            Last edited by trapezeus; 10-01-2009, 10:18 AM.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
              Pinkerton's son
              • Feb 2006

Originally posted by LtFinFan66
              so basically when you play the Saints again, you will be ready for them. That's what I personally got from that quote
              i think he was saying when we play the Saints in the super bowl, we're gonna kick some a**!!!!

Comment

• Philagape
                WIN NOW
                • Jul 2002

I'll believe it when I see it
                "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• trapezeus
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Oct 2004

skeptisim is deserved for this team....but it is a big departure...just on principle. Now we have to see if they can execute that.

I still think this team with it's 500yards rushing from jackson, is set up for a chance to kill a team on a flea flicker. You have the run being very good. last week, it was moving the ball. we just got into a lot of 1st and 20's, 2nd and 15's from penalties. So we able to get lb's and such pinching in...plus, we have blitzes coming for pass plays.

Add to this that Owens is getting criticized for not running all his routes, don't you think his DB will drop off him and support the run at TO's lollygagging? That means when it gets flipped back, TO will be all alone.

Comment

• Meathead
                    Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                    • Jul 2002

avp is going to be a heck of a oc - in a couple years. hes a smart guy and im sure he will do well over the long haul

but in terms of winning now this isnt all that encouraging

if you have no answers at home against an average defense to the tune of scoring ZERO points just because they threw something at you, then ticking off one of the possible jazillion things they can throw at you isnt very reassuring

now, once youve assembled a whole bunch of these adjustments, NOW youre talking about an adaptable offense

avp is smart and a fast learner. its still gonna take a couple years for him to crank through enough scenarios to make him a feared coordinator. and for now we get to watch how many different ways defenses can grind our offense to a halt

ralph - hire shanny or gruden or some other grey haired offensive whiz to be our 'consultant', ala dick lebeau before he went to zburg
                    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• psubills62
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by LtFinFan66
                      Yeah, because no two teams ever give the same looks...

Maybe he meant they would be ready for as much blitzing as the Saints did. They also gave a 3-4 look, which I'm sure the Bills weren't expecting. So now if teams start doing similar things (i.e. looking at the tape of the Saints game and using that against Buffalo), then they'll know what to do.

That's what I got out of it.
                      - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                        • Jan 2003

Do people seriously think that the Bills DIDN'T try to make adjustments when things weren't going right in the past? I'm positive they tried to make adjustments, it's just that the adjustments stunk. What I think our coaching has had it's biggest problems with is when the other team makes it's adjustments, we are slow to adjust to them.

Comment

• mybills
                          81 st zoner
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by psubills62

Maybe he meant they would be ready for as much blitzing as the Saints did.
                          He knows what it means, he's just being a fish fan.
                          I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• psubills62
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by mybills
                            He knows what it means, he's just being a fish fan.
                            Yeah, I take things too literally sometimes...and I just have to respond haha.
                            - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

problem is we're not playing the saints for another year or so. I hope the O doesn't come up with the same excuse against the fins. We heard that same excuse last year from Trent.
                              sacrifice1
                              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
                              X