Do we have any idea of Brandon's take on Jauron?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

Do we have any idea of Brandon's take on Jauron?

obviously Marv was GM when Jauron was brought in and then Brandon was made the head of the GM team after Marv left. As a GM, does Brandon want to bring his guy in and is just waiting for ralph to give them the go ahead, or does he really think jauron is the guy that makes the difference?

Just curious if we know what the backroom discussion is or have theories on it.
  • Pinkerton Security
    Pinkerton's son
    • Feb 2006

Re: Do we have any idea of Brandon's take on Jauron?

Originally posted by trapezeus
    obviously Marv was GM when Jauron was brought in and then Brandon was made the head of the GM team after Marv left. As a GM, does Brandon want to bring his guy in and is just waiting for ralph to give them the go ahead, or does he really think jauron is the guy that makes the difference?

Just curious if we know what the backroom discussion is or have theories on it.
    well when i talked to him, he said jauron was an a**-clown..

seriousness now...i have no idea, it seems somewhat rare that i see any interviews with him or even any responses in the press of his

Comment

• bigbub2352
      • Feb 2005

I wrote in a couple of threads today about an interesting theory i heard on WGR55 yesterday
      they had there roundtable discussion about the Bills and one of the topics they discussed which was very interesting point of veiw was:
      Everyone knows why DJ should be fired they wanted to look at why he is still here!
      Paul Hamilton Jerry Sullivan Howard Simon Jeremy White and Schop and the Bulldog had some interesting comments on this
      They were saying that maybe Russ is using him as a scapegoat for this season cause he is not Russ's guy and that they are basically rebuilding even though nobody at OBD will admit it
      that the moves like cutting Rhodes Walker were financial
      also that they are in full rebuilding mode now and that they kept DJ on to start it and when they fire him at the end of the season to use him as an excuse for the downfall and not the jobs that the front office is doing
      interesting
      Also how soft DJs camp is and how it could be related to the injury bug that has hit us hard over his tenure here

i dont know exactly which one it is but i was listening around 5pm
      XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• trapezeus
        Legendary Zoner
        • Oct 2004

i'd buy that theory that they'll let DJ take the fall for a bad performance....modrak really needs to go. too many god awful drafts the last 10 years. we just don't get many impact players. and those that we do, we don't hve the coaching to make winners to keep competative people happy here.

Brandon and Co, aren't blameless, and they know the fans are screaming more for the heads of the coaches than for them. but we also are keenly aware that the FO has made bad coaching picks and sold them as good ones 3 times in a row. They have to get a name and they have to win immediately next year. it's as clear as day.

Comment

• elltrain22
          • Sep 2003

both of these idiots need to be shown the mf'ing door. Like yesterday.
          If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• RockStar36
            Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
            • Sep 2004

I don't think Brandon has any opinion on Jauron. From what I can tell, he is just in charge of filling the Ralph and selling tickets.

He noticed that the decision to keep Jauron was an unpopular decision and ticket sales might fall, so he signed TO and got the sales back up.

D & S Sports

Comment

• bigbub2352
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by RockStar36
              I don't think Brandon has any opinion on Jauron. From what I can tell, he is just in charge of filling the Ralph and selling tickets.

He noticed that the decision to keep Jauron was an unpopular decision and ticket sales might fall, so he signed TO and got the sales back up.
              Exactly!
              TO was nothing but a marketing ploy
              I still think corey mace is on the practice squad last yr and this yr to sell more tickets in canada lol(sarcasm)
              but really there only motivation was selling tickets otherwise if they were actually going for it this year you dont trade peters you pay him and walker would still be on the RT side those moves were all financially based
              XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• trapezeus
                Legendary Zoner
                • Oct 2004

it is frustrating that they try gimmicks and it fills seats. it isn't that hard to cut deadweight and bring in people. the fact Modrak is unchanged all these years....that's just incompetence or modrak has some pictures he wants to share.

This team has missed so many first round picks in the last 10 yers, it's awful. none of the good teams have this constant missing of picks.

Ralph took TD and got burned for 4 years. as a response he made a drastic change to not go outside. I wonder if he looks atthe lsat 5 years and says, "****, i got burned....i have to dramatically change and not trust people on the inside."

There are some studs from the 90's teams that he could have as advisers on a GM selection. Last year, stealing pioli would have sold even more seats at the ralph.

You're telling me that the stadium wouldn't have sold out in minutes if in February they fired Jauron and the FO, moved Brandon back to a glorified marketing position and then lured Pioli in with a huge pay package and said, "prove to the world thatyou were the genius...not belichick."

You could have doubled my season ticket package, i'd have been all in. i'd have taken off every monday so i could attend those home games.

Put out a winner, and raising prices isn't an issue. Put out duds and marketing ploys and of course we hate paying more for the same crap team.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                  Zero for Zero!
                  • Mar 2003

TO was a Jauron decision, according to Sal.
                  Originally posted by mysticsoto
                  Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• bigbub2352
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                    I remember reading that too
                    also WGR said yesterday i believe it was Schop and the Bulldog that they had no plans to meet with TO and Drew Rosenehaus was in buffalo at OBD and brought up TO and they were like ok we will sign him,
                    dont know the truth to that but Hamilton confirmed it to i beleive
                    then Schop was like this is how we recruit FAs?
                    it was on the roundtable
                    RW was brilliant in striking fear in his fanbase and knows no matter what we are too scared not to support them cause they will become the ARGO's
                    XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• RockStar36
                      Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                      That might actually be worse. The FO wasn't involved at all? What the hell are they doing then?

D & S Sports

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                        Zero for Zero!
                        • Mar 2003

Hamilton is good on hockey, not as much on football.

I do think that Brandon has done some good things. He has dumped Marv's bad FAs. He extended Evans and Mcgee. I like the last two drafts for the most part (Maybin a question and so is Hardy). The Bills lost Peters, but that is as much on Peters and Parker as anything.

The idea of re-building the middle of the line with Wood, Levitre and Hamgartner is a great one. They have more attitude and are more physical than the previous crew of Fowler, Dockery, Preston, etc.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                          Zero for Zero!
                          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by RockStar36
                          That might actually be worse. The FO wasn't involved at all? What the hell are they doing then?
                          It was a Jauron idea, might be a better word.

Comment

• Mudflap1
                            Next Question!
                            • Nov 2004

Didn't Sal report that everyone is on notice at OBD that their jobs are on the line? If so, then I expect nothing less than Brandon, Guy, Modrak, as well as Jauron to be shown the door if the season is a failure. However, I also buy into the theory that the FO guys may throw Jauron under the bus as the sacrificial lamb to try to save their own jobs.

Comment

• ddaryl
                              Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                              • Jan 2005

It was Brandon who put together the extension and brought it up to Ralph for apporval last year.

I doubt he admits his fault.. He was trying to get a cheaper deal to make his boss happy and that was the real influence for the premature extension. Brandon thoughts were if Jauron kept winning (we started 5-0) he would cost more to sign at the end of the season.

Same old crap keep the HC position cheap.
                              Last edited by ddaryl; 10-01-2009, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X