Coach Sal
10-01-2009, 03:02 PM
Leo's season is done. That sucks.

patmoran2006
10-01-2009, 03:04 PM
Yep.

billsburgh
10-01-2009, 03:06 PM
with the way he had been playing so far this year, does it really matter?

Syderick
That sucks. Well Lynch is back so good news/bad news.

bigbub2352
Florence will start and Corner to nickel probably means Ellis Lankster debut
any one know why corey mcyntire is active or on the roster and our pass rush sucks and ellis is inactive?

Dr. Pepper
10-01-2009, 03:08 PM
Florence looked way better covering Colston than McKelvin did. this definitely sucks in that itll impeed mckelvin's growth, but on the bright side itll be an improvement short term for the team.

patmoran2006
10-01-2009, 03:09 PM
I love McKelvin.. He's a home run hitter and we don't have enough of them.. He had a bad game against NE.. It happens. Did everyone already forget about what he did as a rookie last year???

Having said that, I have confidence in Drayton Florence.

patmoran2006
Florence looked way better covering Colston than McKelvin did. this definitely sucks in that itll impeed mckelvin's growth, but on the bright side itll be an improvement short term for the team.
Agreed.. Leodis was also far less than 100% going into the game, he tried to play through leg pain

trapezeus
Mckelvin was already injured going into the saints game. so if he didn't look so hot, there was a reason.

again, only 1 player from the 2008 draft will make and significant contribution to the bills this sunday. Pathetic.

Dr. Pepper
10-01-2009, 03:11 PM
I love McKelvin.. He's a home run hitter and we don't have enough of them.. He had a bad game against NE.. It happens. Did everyone already forget about what he did as a rookie last year???

Having said that, I have confidence in Drayton Florence.

i like him too, a lot. he's still catching up to the speed of the NFL though, IMO. i think he'll be a great player for us, however he was anything but great this season.

MikeInRoch
10-01-2009, 03:11 PM
Damn him for not drinking enough milk.

RockStar36
10-01-2009, 03:13 PM
This should make a ton of fans happy since everyone hated his guts after one mistake.

trapezeus
10-01-2009, 03:15 PM
this smacks fo the Poz decision to put him on IR a couple years ago. mckelvin should only be out a month or so. McIntyre is totally dead weight. Whether he is good or not, he is rarely on the field. And ST have kind sucked anyways, so who cares about him.

Very odd decision to put a guy who could be back during the year on IR. I realize we are deep with DB's, but our first rounders need to be here when healthy. it's very odd choice.

THATHURMANATOR
10-01-2009, 03:16 PM
Ouch this really sucks. I was hoping him to step up to elite level this year..... Now he loses a whole freaking year!!!!

THATHURMANATOR
10-01-2009, 03:16 PM
this smacks fo the Poz decision to put him on IR a couple years ago. mckelvin should only be out a month or so. McIntyre is totally dead weight. Whether he is good or not, he is rarely on the field. And ST have kind sucked anyways, so who cares about him.

Very odd decision to put a guy who could be back during the year on IR. I realize we are deep, but our first rounders need to be here when healthy. it's very odd choice.
I agree but the time table was seriously only a month? That seems fairly quick to come back from a fractured fibula

raphael120
10-01-2009, 03:19 PM
Same ol' Bills.....

patmoran2006
I'll have more on this at 8pm.

But here (summary) is the only reason McKelvin was IR'd. Well , 2 reasons.
1- Injuries
2- Depth at CB

patmoran2006
I agree but the time table was seriously only a month? That seems fairly quick to come back from a fractured fibula
it was more than that.. 6 to 8 some were told at media day yesterday

trapezeus
10-01-2009, 03:20 PM
i thought i heard that the type of break is more like a serious stress fracture and not like a clean break. I can't remember where i heard 1 month for his type of injury. but it wasn't a season ender from what i remember. Unless the diagnosis changed or he could put weight and stuff on it in a month but needs an extra month of rehab to come back proper, then this is bizarre choice.

But mark that up to Jauron's inability to shuffle the roster once the injury bug hits.

trapezeus
10-01-2009, 03:22 PM
pat, if it's 6-8 weeks, he still comes back during the next dolphins game at latest...and if you give the bills the benefit of the doubt (the next 4 of 5 games are against teams with a 1-14 record:jauron's primetime to succeed and beat bad teams) they could be at pseudo-playoff run and mckelvin would be nice to get back for the second half of the year.

RockStar36
10-01-2009, 03:24 PM
Agreed.

Sounds like the Poz decision. Doesn't sound like he had to go to IR and they just pulled the plug on his season.

patmoran2006
10-01-2009, 03:24 PM
pat, if it's 6-8 weeks, he still comes back during the next dolphins game at latest...and if you give the bills the benefit of the doubt (the next 4 of 5 games are against teams with a 1-14 record:jauron's primetime to succeed and beat bad teams) they could be at pseudo-playoff run and mckelvin would be nice to get back for the second half of the year.

Understood. and I cant get at it until a little tonight.

But the Bills have to many other injuries to use a roster spot up for a player for 6-8 weeks. If they kept Leodis on the roster and cut Jenkins, that would be liking losing two players for Lynch, who was obviously going to be activated no matter what.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
10-01-2009, 03:28 PM
Maybe they took into account the fumble as well as the injury when they made the decision.

trapezeus
10-01-2009, 03:32 PM

But the Bills have to many other injuries to use a roster spot up for a player for 6-8 weeks. If they kept Leodis on the roster and cut Jenkins, that would be liking losing two players for Lynch, who was obviously going to be activated no matter what.

i hear you. but what about mcintyre...they hardly use omon, they never use a fullback. what is he there for? Our ST isn't exactly a ridiculous unit right now. So that being said, wouldn't we be better to let him go, and wait it out with McKelvin?

I just think if the bills do what they do every year for the last 3 years, we are going to be sitting in week 10-11 saying, "we are close to that playoff spot." And it'll be a weird mix of things that have to go right for us to get in, and we aren't going to get it because Reggie Corner's replacement is going to get torched. Then we'll get knocked out.

DJ is screwed because he's damned if he does, and he's damned if he doesnt. But his decision is assuming that the injuries with our DB's are through. Mckelvin probably would get back on the field to replace a different injured DB this year.

Canadian'eh!
10-01-2009, 03:39 PM

I hate this rule in the NFL.

Why can you start a player on the PUP list and have him miss 6 weeks, THEN make the roster change decision, but you can't do it after week 1?

Why do you let teams use IR as a weapon at times (see: Crowell, Angelo)
or screw guys like Poz and McKelvin by forcing them out for the year?

Seriously.. there should be a 6-8 week injury list that gives you a roster exemption for that many weeks and then you can make a decision on that player after that.

Stupid rule.

trapezeus
10-01-2009, 03:44 PM
my guess is that'd it'd be totally abused. everyone with a serious injury on a good team would be put on 6-8 weeks, you get the relief and if he isn't healthy and your injury is over, you'd can him to the IR. It's part of the rules that make these decisions harder and stops teams from fudging injuries into certain buckets. either you believe you're deep enough as is to weather his injury, or you admit he's gone for the season and you'll find someone else for him.

BuffaloRanger
10-01-2009, 06:38 PM
This should make a ton of fans happy since everyone hated his guts after one mistake.

One mistake that robbed the fans of the biggest Bills victory in 15 years. Probably their biggest upset victory in team history.

I don't care if I ever see him in a Bills uniform again.

Now how do we get Dick put on IR?

yordad
10-01-2009, 07:08 PM
I blame the conditioning coach. :ill: