• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

BSD- Reasoning Behind McKelvin's I.R. Move

If you’re a football player on the Buffalo Bills, the front office has a very straightforward message if you plan on sticking around; don’t get hurt.
    In a somewhat surprising move, the Bills today placed Leodis McKelvin on the season-ending injured reserved list. McKelvin broke the fibula bone in his right leg this past Sunday against New Orleans, an injury he re-aggravated after initially hurting it against Tampa Bay the week prior. READ MORE

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • Meathead
    Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
    • Jul 2002

Re: BSD- Reasoning Behind McKelvin's I.R. Move

roughshod
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• don137
      • Jul 2002

Good article however I think they are already in disaster mode at OT. Scott is at best a poor man's journeyman yet he is the starting LT for this team. Who in their right mind expected this to take place. They traded away Peters, cut Walker, lost Bell and Butler to injury. They are down to their 3rd stringers at tackle when they finished the '08 season.

Comment

• patmoran2006
        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by don137
        Good article however I think they are already in disaster mode at OT. Scott is at best a poor man's journeyman yet he is the starting LT for this team. Who in their right mind expected this to take place. They traded away Peters, cut Walker, lost Bell and Butler to injury. They are down to their 3rd stringers at tackle when they finished the '08 season.
        oh, so do I (in terms of talent)

one play away from being in disaster mode in terms of bodies as well.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
          Zero for Zero!
          • Mar 2003

Jenkins and McIntyre are not bodies they need right now though.

One of them could have been cut. I doubt they would be picked up and would have been only a phone call away.

Unnecessary move.
          Originally posted by mysticsoto
          Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
            My battery is low and it's getting dark.
            • Apr 2004

I know you did this quickly, but you have some grammar issues to fix. Don't mean to be critical....just trying to help.

Comment

• k-oneputt
              • Jun 2009

Stupid move. cut jenkins and put someone else in his special teams spot. They act like Jenkins is ca Tasker on s.t.
              Typical Bills front office move.

Comment

• Buddo
                • Mar 2007

I certainly can see where their collective hand is being 'forced', as it were. I can also see that 6-8 weeks for a broken leg to heal, is a fair assessment. What an inordinate amount of fans seem to want to ignore, is the extra time it will take for McKelvin to actually be back in 'football shape'. Add two weeks to the time taken for the break to heal pretty much straight away. The timescale then becomes 8-10 weeks. Maybe.
                I'd rather see a fully healthy McKelvin back next season, than risk him in games that are like to be (sadly) inconsequential.

Comment

• psubills62
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Sep 2008

They could afford to do this. They still have depth at CB, and may need Jenkins/McIntyre's roster spots for other signings for depth. We still have McGee, Florence, Corner, and Lankster if necessary. We don't have that kind of depth elsewhere, such as safety or OT, as Pat mentioned.
                  "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                  - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
                    All-Pro Zoner
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Buddo
                    ....What an inordinate amount of fans seem to want to ignore, is the extra time it will take for McKelvin to actually be back in 'football shape'. Add two weeks to the time taken for the break to heal pretty much straight away. The timescale then becomes 8-10 weeks. Maybe.....
                    And, that depends on where the injury is on the fibula.

I can't remember where I read it, but I just read about a player who has a broken fibula who may require microfracture surgery because of the location of the break. That could require 3 months for recovery.

Because of HIPPA rules, we don't know and probably will never know the full extent of McKelvin's injuries. Considering the admirable job that the Bills' medical staff has done in evaluating and treating injuries in the past, I have to give them the benefit of the doubt here and accept that they have a better idea of how long it would take for McKelvin to be back and ready to play than we do.

And, if at best he would only be able to play in the last couple of games of the season, I think that it is probably better that they made the move that they did with him.

The way things are going, it's looking more and more like this is a team that will be in a far better position to win next season than it's going to be this year.
                    Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

• Dujek
                      Hall of Fame Zoner
                      • Jan 2008

If you don't expect to make the playoffs then the move makes sense, as McKelvin will only be available (in all probability) for the last 3 regular season games.

So this shows that the FO has given up on the season already.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                        • Mar 2004

What safeties did they work out, Pat?

Comment

Working...
                        X