PDA

View Full Version : Justin Jenkins should have been cut!

yordad
10-01-2009, 08:14 PM
I am going to attempt to prove Jenkins should have been cut.

Jenkins has been inactive the past two games. Nfl.com Gamebook (http://www.nfl.com/liveupdate/gamecenter/54481/NE_Gamebook.pdf) doesn't have him listed as getting a single snap in the first game.

Jenkins only real duty was as a gunner. And, he lost that job to the 5th safety, Wendling. Wendling is pretty much strictly a special teams player. He is horrible at safety, but he has been activated over Jenkins. Wendling actually looked pretty good in the gunner role this past Sunday. So now Jenkins is basically the backup gunner. Is there a roster spot for that?

He is the 6th WR right now. We all know when Hardy is ready to contribute in a couple weeks, Jenkins will be the 7th WR. Hardy is going to bump him off the roster anyways. The PUP list (that hardy is on) gives the Bills the roster exemption until the 6th week. So, in three weeks, someones gotta go.

Cutting Jenkins now would have given the Bills 3 more weeks to make a decision about McKelvin. At that time they could have reassessed Hardy and McKelvin. If both would have been able to contribute this year, they could have then cut McIntyre.

What do you guys think?

Michael82
10-01-2009, 08:29 PM
I would've cut McIntyre. He's useless.

yordad
10-01-2009, 08:35 PM
I wouldn't cut McIntyre. He's useless.McIntyre at least has played in all three games. And, I am sure the Bills have some plays that call for a fullback.

4 RBs isn't as unusual as 7 WRs.

Oaf
10-01-2009, 08:40 PM
Since when has a 5th WR registered a catch for us, much less a 6th? How much PT has Steve Johnson had?

If a WR went down big time, how hard would it be to put HIM on IR and pick the sitting-around Jenkins right back up?

Doesn't Jackson get WR reps over Steve Johnson and sometimes Parrish anyways?

Terrible, terrible decision unless Leodis IS actually going to be unable to play for 12-14 weeks.

Michael82
10-01-2009, 08:41 PM
McIntyre at least has played in all three games. And, I am sure the Bills have some plays that call for a fullback.

4 RBs isn't as unusual as 7 WRs.

We don't use fullbacks. And he sucks. I would cut him in a heartbeat! Besides...once it's week 6, we will probably cut Jenkins then to activate Hardy.

bigbub2352
10-01-2009, 09:00 PM
mccargo jenkins parrish mcyntire are all candidates to be gone
but mcyntire is useless as is mccargo and jenkins they serve no purpose on this team and you can throw corto in there as well
all these guys do is ...nothing

PECKERWOOD
10-01-2009, 09:29 PM
Roscoe should've been the one to be cut, not even because of his crappy fumble last week, but because of his crappy attitude in the offseason.

yordad
10-01-2009, 09:32 PM
We don't use fullbacks. And he sucks. I would cut him in a heartbeat! Besides...once it's week 6, we will probably cut Jenkins then to activate Hardy.I said that, and that is a major part of my point. The guy isn't likely to even be active between now and then. I understand McIntyre doesn't have that much use, but it is still more then Jenkins.

PECKERWOOD
10-01-2009, 09:38 PM
:bigwave:

Cya Roscoe, Jenkins is a better STs player and arguably a better reciever.

yordad
10-01-2009, 09:42 PM
:bigwave:

Cya Roscoe, Jenkins is a better STs player and arguably a better reciever.Jenkins hasn't played a snap this year, how is he better? He is the backup gunner.

PECKERWOOD
10-01-2009, 09:51 PM
Jenkins hasn't played a snap this year, how is he better? He is the backup gunner.

He was a monster in the preseason for what it's worth, but since when has Parrish ever been a monster against any string? Roscoe hasn't panned out, not saying that Jenkins won't/will either, but we must keep the wheels turning so we can see what we got. This is why guys like Bannan, Leonhard and Wire go elsewhere and end up starting for other teams. Roscoe is trash, I'm through with him.

yordad
10-01-2009, 10:11 PM
He was a monster in the preseason for what it's worth, but since when has Parrish ever been a monster against any string? Roscoe hasn't panned out, not saying that Jenkins won't/will either, but we must keep the wheels turning so we can see what we got. This is why guys like Bannan, Leonhard and Wire go elsewhere and end up starting for other teams. Roscoe is trash, I'm through with him.Rosco has the highest punt return average in league history. He is our kickoff returner. He is our 4th WR. He is our gadget play guy. He may even be the emergency QB, he has been before (I think it is Jackson now though).

Jenkins is the 7th WR and backup gunner.

I don't care for Parrish either, but he makes this team better then Jenkins does, considering he hasn't played a snap.

Commissioner
10-01-2009, 10:16 PM
I think Hardy should have been put on IR.

The guy hasn't practiced in a year.... and he won't be ready to contribute.

Besides the fact that we don't even use our WR's... why do we need 6?

yordad
10-01-2009, 10:23 PM
I think Hardy should have been put on IR.

The guy hasn't practiced in a year.... and he won't be ready to contribute.

Besides the fact that we don't even use our WR's... why do we need 6?IMO it would be better for the Bills to have Hardy come back in week 10 (that is even if he needed another month to get in shape) and practice, then it would be to have Jenkins practicing with the team.

NTM, we have 6 now.

Block "O"
10-02-2009, 02:21 AM
C.J. Hawthorne is better than jenkins, who cares?

don137
10-02-2009, 05:05 AM
McKelvin playing the last 4-6 games would contribute more to this team than Jenkins will over the next 13 games.
Why do we need to gunners on this team? Wendling does a great job when he is not commiting penalties.