So... anyone worried about health of Trent Edwards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yordad
    • Dec 2007

So... anyone worried about health of Trent Edwards?

I haven't heard much talk about Joey Porter this week. I know you guys know he will be rushing against a guy named Jonathan Scott in his first ever start at LT. Oh, and Jason Taylor will be rushing against a guy named Kirk Chambers.

If Trent gets hurt, this season is over. And, it pretty much puts the Bills in rebuilding mode.... again.

I am seriously worried about this game. And, since the Bills have shown a straight up inability to score on a 3-4 defense, I wouldn't be surprised if the Bills looked completely overwhelmed on the road vs the winless Dolphins.

There is a lot riding on this game for it being a week 4 game.

I'm not trying to be a downer, I'm just being honest. I am afraid Trent, or another member of this line will get injured.
    "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad
  • psubills62
    Legendary Zoner
    • Sep 2008

Re: So... anyone worried about health of Trent Edwards?

Originally posted by yordad
    I haven't heard much talk about Joey Porter this week. I know you guys know he will be rushing against a guy named Jonathan Scott in his first ever start at LT. Oh, and Jason Taylor will be rushing against a guy named Kirk Chambers.

If Trent gets hurt, this season is over. And, it pretty much puts the Bills in rebuilding mode.... again.

I am seriously worried about this game. And, since the Bills have shown a straight up inability to score on a 3-4 defense, I wouldn't be surprised if the Bills looked completely overwhelmed on the road vs the winless Dolphins.

There is a lot riding on this game for it being a week 4 game.

I'm not trying to be a downer, I'm just being honest. I am afraid Trent, or another member of this line will get injured.
    Um Porter's injured and isn't looking likely to play.

Taylor is still a decent pass rusher. Yeah, it's a little worrisome but there's not much we can do at this point. He's already taken a whole bunch of sacks and will take more. I'm less worried because Losman isn't our backup anymore.
    "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
    - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Dude, Marcus Buggs, Jairus Byrd, George Wilson, Jonathan Scott and Kirk Chambers are starters. The season's already over.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• HHURRICANE
        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
        Dude, Marcus Buggs, Jairus Byrd, George Wilson, Jonathan Scott and Kirk Chambers are starters. The season's already over.
        Cash for crap baby!!!!!!!

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
          Making Spirits Bright
          • Mar 2006

Dude's been getting hit all year. I honestly would like to see what Fitz can do. Not saying I want Edwards to get hurt, but I guess I would like to see him benched for half a game.

Comment

• dplus47
            • Sep 2005

miami's most consistent pressure on the QB has come from the DE spots this year, most likely due to porter's aforementioned injury and the fact that jason taylor is a notoriously slow starter. taylor is also playing SLB, which is new for him.

Comment

• yordad
              • Dec 2007

Originally posted by psubills62
              I did not know that. I see now he hasn't been participating in practice. That would be a huge break if he didn't suit up.
              "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• psubills62
                Legendary Zoner
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by yordad
                I did not know that. I see now he hasn't been participating in practice. That would be a huge break if he didn't suit up.
                No kidding. The best prediction I've heard for him is 50/50. So far it looks as though he won't play, which would be a big break for us.
                "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Goobylal
                  • Jan 2004

Trent getting injured may be the only way to save the season, by getting Fitz in there.

Comment

• JD
                    Sabres Zone
                    • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Goobylal
                    Trent getting injured may be the only way to save the season, by getting Fitz in there.

Someone drank the koolaid, run along now.. its late
                    “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• Vampire Baby
                      is a transsexual Nazi sympathizer with a diaper fetish
                      • Oct 2009

In case anyone is interested. Porter probably won't go because of the hamstring injury. Jason Taylor who has been very unproductive at the SLB will move over and replace JP on the weakside and Charlie Anderson who has been practicing at the SLB will more than likely get the start. Should be interesting to see if Cameron Wake gets in the game as a situational pass rusher. The Dolphins blitz way too much up the middle and get burned when they don't get there. In their 3-4 the best pressure comes form the the nose and the DE's. Usually Langford and Starks or Merling.

In the first three games so far the pressure has been lacking even with Porter. It will be tough without him.

Comment

• LtFinFan66
                        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by psubills62

Taylor is still a decent pass rusher. Yeah, it's a little worrisome but there's not much we can do at this point. He's already taken a whole bunch of sacks and will take more. I'm less worried because Losman isn't our backup anymore.
                        Porter was injured last week too but had a sack w/forced fumble so don't count him out

Comment

• Goobylal
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by JD SabreFan

Someone drank the koolaid, run along now.. its late
                          Sorry, I never drank the Trent Kool-Aid, which is why I said what I did. It's amazing how far a first impression can carry someone, and that first-ever drive for a TD by Trent against the Patriots in 2007 seems like a lifetime ago.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                            • May 2003

I'm not so much worried about Trent getting hurt, as his dinking and dunking us to another offensive shutout.

The guy needs to start playing like a confident NFL QB, rather than a timid and tentative loser.
                            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Griff
                              • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Goobylal
                              please don't post ever again.

Comment

Working...
                              X