PDA

View Full Version : The Fire Jauron Movement is Close to Hastening

patmoran2006
10-01-2009, 09:25 PM
While the greater part of fans... and a portion of the media would love to quicken the “Fire Dick Jauron” movement, there’s nothing from One Bills Drive suggesting a change is imminent.

That may change however should the Buffalo Bills drop Sunday’s game to their winless, divisional rival Miami Dolphins. READ MORE (http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/2009/10/the-fire-jauron-movement-is-close-to-hastening/)

Joe Fo Sho
10-01-2009, 09:26 PM
WTF??? That was a BSD link???? Christ, now I guess I'll have to read it. I mean, I did click it.

HHURRICANE
10-01-2009, 09:28 PM
I think the injuries are going to save Jauron's job. You heard it here first.

patmoran2006
10-01-2009, 09:36 PM
WTF??? That was a BSD link???? Christ, now I guess I'll have to read it. I mean, I did click it.

LOL............I'm trickier than David Copperfield?

Here is a future hint, ANYTHING that ever says "read more" in blue with an underline, is a site link from me.

patmoran2006
10-01-2009, 09:37 PM
I think the injuries are going to save Jauron's job. You heard it here first.
Nope. 6-7 wins equates to a ****canning this year, I'll bet whatever you want.

HHURRICANE
10-01-2009, 09:42 PM
Nope. 6-7 wins equates to a ****canning this year, I'll bet whatever you want.

No way Ralph eats two years. I'll bet that we get a sound bite from Ralph saying that the injuries are killing us.

Prov401
10-01-2009, 09:44 PM
No way the injuries save him, he's gone after this year. I don't see any reason to fire him during the season, as we would just replace him with an interim coach, probably Bobby April. I don't see the point in that at all. But Jauron is gone after this season.

Meathead
10-01-2009, 09:47 PM
i think even ralph knows there will be a fan insurrection if they have another sub five hunnerd season

its pretty much playoffs or bust

but if they lose to clev its over, he would be gone monday

HHURRICANE
10-01-2009, 09:48 PM
No way the injuries save him, he's gone after this year. I don't see any reason to fire him during the season, as we would just replace him with an interim coach, probably Bobby April. I don't see the point in that at all. But Jauron is gone after this season.

He should have been gone after the past season. I think you guys are over confident on this one.

sdbillsfan2
10-01-2009, 09:53 PM
Another interesting read. it made me ask a simple question.

How can Dick coach, teach. or inspire a winning attitude to his players if he, himself has never won squat?

PECKERWOOD
10-01-2009, 10:08 PM
I will miss the sexually perverted jokes when Dick finally does get the shaft.

Commissioner
10-01-2009, 10:13 PM
If the Bills lose Sunday they will be 0-8 against divisional opponents since last season.

HE SHOULD DEFINITELY BE FIRED THEN!!

What good is he if he can't beat teams in our own division?

Michael82
10-01-2009, 10:24 PM
LOL............I'm trickier than David Copperfield?

Here is a future hint, ANYTHING that ever says "read more" in blue with an underline, is a site link from me.

But you broke your own rule. I thought you said you were going to start posting BSD next to your thread title from now on. What happened? :D

cocamide
10-01-2009, 10:31 PM
So, basically you're saying that some good might come out of a Dolphin's win?

Meathead
10-01-2009, 11:07 PM
I thought you said you were going to start posting BSD next to your thread title from now on. What happened? :D
http://drewfrancis.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/hooker-018.jpg

JD
10-02-2009, 12:08 AM
I dunno HH... we never thought this schmuck would get resigned.. I wouldn't put anything past Ralphies senile ass.

Luisito23
10-02-2009, 12:29 AM
Even after Jauron is gone, it'll be the same replace bum with another bum routine.

Crisis
10-02-2009, 12:47 AM
Great...have to choose between losing to Miami and keeping Jauron?

:(

You know this organization is awful when you subconsciously want them to lose so they clean house...

Borosai
10-02-2009, 12:47 AM
Can't come soon enough.

LifetimeBillsFan
10-02-2009, 02:43 AM
I have just posted the following on the BSD site in response to the article:

"Only fans who have never seen what happens to a pro football team that fires its coach in mid-season would want to see Dick Jauron fired before the end of the season. Firing Jauron now won’t make the Bills any better this season, while history strongly suggests that it would make the team much worse. There are very few examples in the last 40 years of a NFL team getting significantly better after firing its HC in mid-season, while there are numerous examples of teams that fell apart after a mid-season coaching change.

Moreover, no decent head coach worth his salt is going to be interested in taking over the team in mid-season. The top head coaches who are available: Cowher, Holmgren, Gruden, etc., are going to want to start fresh at the end of the season when they can hire the assistant coaches that they want and begin installing their own systems on both sides of the ball. Even if a good HC wants to keep many of the same players and utilizes a similar offensive and defensive system, he will want to have the time to tailor the team to his own making that he can only get during the offseason. Which means that, if the Bills fire Jauron, they are only going to get stuck with one of the current assistants replacing him, probably either April or Fewell, both of whom have never been a head coach before. And, having an assistant in place as head coach can only serve to muddle the decision on who to hire to be the head coach next season.

It would be much smarter to let Jauron coach out this season and fire him if the team doesn’t make the playoffs (which it probably won’t). Then, Ralph should go out and hire one of the better head coaches out there-preferably one who will not feel the need to take 3-4 years to turn over the roster in order to field a winning team. Doing this may result in a 6 win season, firing Jauron now could result in a 2 win season. Which would you prefer? Six wins is better to me."

I've lived through the Bills having one win seasons and seasons when they have changed head coaches in mid-season and I don't want to go through that kind of season ever again.

I have serious doubts about Jauron's ability to take the team that he has built to the next level--to a winning season. But, by no means, is Jauron the worst head coach that the Bills have ever had or the worst head coach that the Bills could end up with if they were to fire him this season.

You might not like how Jauron looks or talks at press conferences or coaches in games and he may not be able to win a division game to save his life, but so far his players have played hard for him. As long as they continue to play hard for him this season, the Bills need to stick with him. Why? Because the minute he gets fired some of the team, if not most of the players, will stop playing hard. And, do you know what will happen then? You will see ugly, sloppy football like you haven't seen since G.Williams' first season. How do I know this? Because I have seen it happen over and over again, with the Bills and more recently with other teams.

And, who do you think is going to replace Jauron if R.Wilson fires him during the season? Gruden? Cowher? Holmgren? Not a chance! None of those guys is going to want to come in and clean up another guy's mess. Especially not with players and assistants that they have not selected. So, you know who you are going to get to replace Jauron? Bobby April or Perry Fewell. Neither one has ever been a head coach. They are not going to make a lot of bold moves that the fans want. They are going to continue coaching the team the same way that they already have been coaching it. With one exception: the players and coaches are all going to know that the coaches are all lame-ducks who will be gone next season and a lot of the players will be gone, too (which some of them will welcome). Do you seriously think that that is going to end up with the Bills playing good, winning football? HA! Fat chance.

It's easy for the fans to yell "Fire the coach! Fire the coach!" But, even when the coach deserves to be fired, there is a right time and place for the coach to be fired. During the season is not the right time or place. When and how a team fires its head coach can say a lot about the state of the organization. No really good head coaching candidate is going to want to go to an organization that is in shambles--and you'd better believe that head coaching candidates, especially those with a winning pedigree, are going to evaluate the state of an organization before they decide to sign on with one. If the Bills want to replace Jauron with one of the better head coaching candidates who are out there, then they have to handle the situation right. And, firing Jauron in the middle of this season would not be the right way to handle the situation.

Ralph can quietly lay the groundwork for replacing Jauron behind the scenes as the season progresses if the Bills look like they are not going to make the playoffs. He can informally sound out some of the candidates that he might be interested in hiring, so that he is in a position to offer one of them the job when the season is over. But, he has to keep that under wraps. No matter how much screaming and yelling the fans and media do, he has to let Jauron keep his job as long as his team keeps playing hard for him (if they quit on Jauron, then he can fire him and make one of the assistant the interim HC--but only if the team quits on Jauron) until the end of the season. Once the season is over, he can fire Jauron and move quickly to get a good HC in place to replace him. That is the proper way for Ralph to handle things.

Anything else is just a lot of hysterics that won't make the Bills a better team this season and could damage their chances to move forward with a new, better head coach next season.

Night Train
10-02-2009, 03:15 AM
Even after Jauron is gone, it'll be the same replace bum with another bum routine.

The Bills welcome Chuck Lester as their new coach ! ~ Jan. 2010

shelby
10-02-2009, 04:32 AM
He won't be fired during the season.

OBD loves this guy for whatever reason. i'm all for getting a new coach in '10, but i am not convinced it will happen.

don137
10-02-2009, 04:52 AM
I guess Dick loving to coach in the NFL equates to me loving playing golf. We both suck at it. The only difference is Dick makes a living out of it and makes hundreds of thousands of people miserable.
Sometimes I wonder if the guy even has a pulse on the sidelines. One thing for sure he is probably the most unemotional person in the stadium the Bills play in every week.

ddaryl
10-02-2009, 07:37 AM
I would rahter they fire him mid season, but doing that means the next HC is going to want his own OC and DC and then things get real messy. OUr W_L record doesn't mean much to me this season because I know we are not getting anywhere near the playoffs

maybe Jauron will do the right thing and quit

trapezeus
10-02-2009, 08:40 AM
He should have been gone after the past season. I think you guys are over confident on this one.

I really don't see how the bills are going to sell tickets next year with Jauron at the helm, HH. They ate 6.5MM for TO this year to put people in seats. Eating $6MM for Jauron is not a big difference.

I just don't know how this team goes without a playoff win and doesn't address its biggest need on the field.

The team already has shown that it has talent. Each year they piss away 2 games that should be won. They rarely get blown out. The talent is there to be a entry level playoff team....and that's all we are asking for. one wildcard game. We aren't even asking to win the division. I feel like we aren't even asking to win in the playoffs. Just get us there to show us it can be done, and then build on that ala Bills 1988.

Jauron will be gone the second that colts game is over. The Bills have to know or anticipate the revolt. Firing him now doesn't make more money. And the already proved they don't care about winning.

I think the Bills realize that they must bring a proven name in.

You saw what was about to happen to season tickets last year when they retained jauron. it was going to be a bloodbath. They know what is on their plate for next year.

bigbub2352
10-02-2009, 09:49 AM
he goes 0-8 in the division he has to go
enough said

trapezeus
10-02-2009, 10:38 AM
lifetime posted in the article. and i'll agree, firing him midseason probably won't make the season anybetter recordwise....but the guy is dead weight. addition from subtraction. if the bills go 0 for whatever without him, i think that's better than getting meaningless wins against dweller teams with him.

This team, if its committed to cleaning out the bad scouting and drafting departments as well, needs a chance to get some good picks in the top 5 for a change and hit on it. they don't need to be in the middle and take the BPA when they could pick in the top 5 and get exactly who they want. I realize the draft is still a gamble, but it's really a gamble for us. other teams seem to have more success at drafting than us.

streetkings01
10-02-2009, 11:28 AM
Nope. 6-7 wins equates to a ****canning this year, I'll bet whatever you want.I agree......as long as Edwards, T.O. and Evans play 80% of the games this season the injury excuse holds no water!

BuffaloRanger
10-02-2009, 11:35 AM
Who cares what the record is this season? Would you take a 1-15 season if it was followed by a AFC East Division Crown - Dolphins 07-08? I would.

I am not cheering against the Bills, far from it. But what is the difference between a 2 win and 7 win season? 5 wins for one and about 10 draft slots in each round.

Those high picks could be used wisely, hopefully by a better coach and front office. If Ralph will actually sign them that is.

Whether 2 wins or 7 wins this season, after 10 years with no playoffs it will be impossible for fans to argue that the Bills don't suck when talking to other teams fans.

Meathead
10-02-2009, 11:48 AM
i dont mean to be a critical dick (too late) but an awkward article title it be

'Close to Hastening'?

is that like nearly gaining momentum, or almost popular?

shouldnt it be something like either 'close to exploding' or simply 'hastening'?

sdbillsfan2
10-02-2009, 11:51 AM
I have a funny feeling if Ralph waits until the end of the season to axe DJ, the competition to find a new QUALITY coach gets tougher. We all know at the end of every year more then one coach gets the boot. Why wait to compete with every other team looking for the good coaches .
Do we honestly think this team is playoff worthy or READY ? Stop the bleeding . I could care less about this year . But I don't think many out there want the next 10 years in the futre to look like these last 10. I for one am getting tired of being close and getting excited for a better next year , only to get the same results.
Why not start the next round of organization building today!

Maybe it's just me, but the firing of DJ will at least make me feel like we did something this year to go in the right direction. It's a positive first step!

trapezeus
10-02-2009, 12:04 PM
i see what SDbillsfan2 is saying...but as long as the bills move quickly at the end of the year and get a good guy, i won't write off this year. This year showed us that we have two good backs and an interior line that is good and growing.

IF they piss away an opportunity to move on a top end coach as other teams sign them away, Ralph can have his team and shove it up his butt.

I can't imagine that they like losing, and i think they want people in those seats. they took advantage of a very forgiving fanbase....but even the most die hard people are pretty much losing interest watching the same crap. give us another losing season next year. we'll deal, but give it to us with a guy who is actually moving the team forward.

PECKERWOOD
10-02-2009, 12:08 PM
We need to castrate Dick as a member of our coaching body.

JD
10-02-2009, 01:06 PM
Vanpelt/April.... 2010 Bills head coach

PECKERWOOD
10-02-2009, 07:31 PM

It'll be Rod Marinelli.

Luisito23
10-02-2009, 10:39 PM
This team, if its committed to cleaning out the bad scouting and drafting departments as well, needs a chance to get some good picks in the top 5 for a change and hit on it. they don't need to be in the middle and take the BPA when they could pick in the top 5 and get exactly who they want. I realize the draft is still a gamble, but it's really a gamble for us. other teams seem to have more success at drafting than us.

I agree, but that's always been the problem here though...Never bad enough to pick top 5, and never good enough to make the playoffs. Mediocrity at its best.

BertSquirtgum
10-02-2009, 10:48 PM

are you serious? i think it's about time old ralphie brings in a proven winner. **** all this promote from within. i'm sick of this crap. i want my 90's bills back.

Michael82
10-03-2009, 09:16 AM
I hope that the Fire Tom Modrak and John Guy Movement is also close to Hastening. Both of those tools are a huge problem with this team, especially John Guy who couldn't spot a FA talent if it bit him in the ass! I want both of them fired immediately after the season and a new GM hired.

T-Long
10-03-2009, 09:52 AM
Can you really see Ralph cleaning house though? I think the only guys that go are Jauron and his coaching staff. The new coach may keep some coaches, but I highly doubt it.

raphael120
10-03-2009, 11:06 AM
FYI....Jauron is being paid 3 million/year for this bull****.