PDA

View Full Version : Bills and Dolphins equally hurting.

Mahdi
10-02-2009, 08:04 AM
Bills LT Bell - most likely wont play

Dolphins ROLB Porter - most likely wont play

Bills CB McKelvin - out

Dolphins QB Pennington - out

That means we have no excuses.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/02/joey-porter-might-be-absent-for-the-fins/

Forward_Lateral
10-02-2009, 08:05 AM
Well, not really. The Bills are missing McKelvin, Whitner, Scott, Poz, Bell, Butler, Schouman (7 starters)

The fins are missing 2.

I'm not saying that's any reason for excuses, but it's not equal.

Mahdi
10-02-2009, 08:09 AM
Well, not really. The Bills are missing McKelvin, Whitner, Scott, Poz, Bell, Butler, Schouman (7 starters)

The fins are missing 2.

I'm not saying that's any reason for excuses, but it's not equal.
Yeah.. but I was focusing more on the critical positions and how our biggest losses match up with theirs.

Their top pass rusher vs our LT.

Their QB vs our starting CB.

Forward_Lateral
10-02-2009, 08:11 AM
I'd say any starting position on a football team is critical.

psubills62
10-02-2009, 08:20 AM
I personally think that in this game especially, Poz is a pretty important loss. Buggs played well against the Bucs, but our run defense suffered a lot against New Orleans. If Miami can duplicate the Saints' success on the ground, they have a much better shot at winning.

Pinkerton Security
10-02-2009, 08:25 AM
I personally think that in this game especially, Poz is a pretty important loss. Buggs played well against the Bucs, but our run defense suffered a lot against New Orleans. If Miami can duplicate the Saints' success on the ground, they have a much better shot at winning.

idk our run defense was decent until late in the game when our D was dead tired. Plus they had probably been keying on Brees pretty much all game, so if we can force Henne to beat us by stacking the box, i feel pretty confident we will have a great shot at winning.

psubills62
10-02-2009, 09:07 AM
idk our run defense was decent until late in the game when our D was dead tired. Plus they had probably been keying on Brees pretty much all game, so if we can force Henne to beat us by stacking the box, i feel pretty confident we will have a great shot at winning.

Yeah, we'll have to see. But the thing was, our run defense wasn't that great in the first half of the Saints game either. Reggie Bush was running all over our defense, if I remember correctly. They'll probably load up the box against Henne (which they probably didn't do against Brees), but it's still a little worrisome. I also have to wonder if they might use Nic Harris a little more as a run-stopping safety than people might think. Maybe use one deep safety (Byrd) and put Harris in the box.

Pinkerton Security
10-02-2009, 09:52 AM
Yeah, we'll have to see. But the thing was, our run defense wasn't that great in the first half of the Saints game either. Reggie Bush was running all over our defense, if I remember correctly. They'll probably load up the box against Henne (which they probably didn't do against Brees), but it's still a little worrisome. I also have to wonder if they might use Nic Harris a little more as a run-stopping safety than people might think. Maybe use one deep safety (Byrd) and put Harris in the box.

yeah the run D really fell apart late.

I'd like to what Harris can do as well, would be a good sorta tweener in there that can help stack the box but is also somewhat adept at coverage, being a S in college.

ParanoidAndroid
10-02-2009, 09:52 AM

Who is the safety that cheats up against the run? No Whitner or Scott is going to hurt. The middle of our defense, save Stroud, is weak.