X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • like2god
    • Jul 2006

Bills/Phins

Just wanted to drop by and wish you guys the best and say hi to shelby, Bry, clumpy and the clown. :)

Both of our teams have been a disappointment so far, I'm not sure whether I should be expecting an ugly game between two teams that can't get out of their own way or a great game by two evenly matched teams. It should be interesting to see if the Phins open up the passing game to allow Henne and Ginn to be better utilized, if they continue the dink and dunk offense Miami is going to have a tough time winning.

So anyway, best of luck, just not too much.

• psubills62
    Legendary Zoner
    • Sep 2008

Re: Bills/Phins

Originally posted by like2god
    Just wanted to drop by and wish you guys the best and say hi to shelby, Bry, clumpy and the clown. :)

Both of our teams have been a disappointment so far, I'm not sure whether I should be expecting an ugly game between two teams that can't get out of their own way or a great game by two evenly matched teams. It should be interesting to see if the Phins open up the passing game to allow Henne and Ginn to be better utilized, if they continue the dink and dunk offense Miami is going to have a tough time winning.

Yeah, neither team seems to be playing to their strengths or potential at this point.

Good to see you on here, and I too hope it's a good game with ZERO injuries. It will be interesting to see how Henne does. I'm personally hoping he has a debut similar to John Beck's
    "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
    - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• like2god
      • Jul 2006

Originally posted by psubills62
      Yeah, neither team seems to be playing to their strengths or potential at this point.

Good to see you on here, and I too hope it's a good game with ZERO injuries. It will be interesting to see how Henne does. I'm personally hoping he has a debut similar to John Beck's

Well the supporting cast that Henne will walk out onto the field with will be much better and more stable than what Beck had. That team had been the victim of so many key injuries, the trade of Chris Chambers, the poor playcalling of Cam Cameron and just the piss poor effort of the remaining vets. There was one point where Marty Booker was jogging his routes right to the bench without even looking back at the QB, couple that with the OL admitting that they weren't playing as hard for Beck because he was a rookie and there really was no room for the kid to make the normal rookie mistakes. It was just a bad situation all around.

Henne will at least have his starters intact, the WC will hopefully take some of the pressure off of the base offense to move the ball and gain yards. All he has to do is make smart passes and hopefully hit Ginn deep once or twice. We'll see if he can be successful or if he'll buckle, I have a feeling it will be somewhere in the middle. This isn't going to be about one game, the rest of the season is going to be his opportunity to show that he belongs in the lineup. If he hiccups this week, I expect him to suck it up, learn from the mistakes and improve next week.

I live in Bills/Jets country (lord please kill me), but I haven't been paying much attention to the Bills this year other than glancing at their record and impressive first 3/4 game against the Patsies. What area are you guys doing well and what is going wrong so far?

Comment

• psubills62
        Legendary Zoner
        • Sep 2008

Well the supporting cast that Henne will walk out onto the field with will be much better and more stable than what Beck had. That team had been the victim of so many key injuries, the trade of Chris Chambers, the poor playcalling of Cam Cameron and just the piss poor effort of the remaining vets. There was one point where Marty Booker was jogging his routes right to the bench without even looking back at the QB, couple that with the OL admitting that they weren't playing as hard for Beck because he was a rookie and there really was no room for the kid to make the normal rookie mistakes. It was just a bad situation all around.

Henne will at least have his starters intact, the WC will hopefully take some of the pressure off of the base offense to move the ball and gain yards. All he has to do is make smart passes and hopefully hit Ginn deep once or twice. We'll see if he can be successful or if he'll buckle, I have a feeling it will be somewhere in the middle. This isn't going to be about one game, the rest of the season is going to be his opportunity to show that he belongs in the lineup. If he hiccups this week, I expect him to suck it up, learn from the mistakes and improve next week.

I live in Bills/Jets country (lord please kill me), but I haven't been paying much attention to the Bills this year other than glancing at their record and impressive first 3/4 game against the Patsies. What area are you guys doing well and what is going wrong so far?
        Yeah, Beck had a terrible situation. But while Henne has much better surrounding talent and stability at the coaching position, he could still throw 5 INT's! Which would be nice haha. As long as he doesn't become better than the Buffalo QB's in the next few years, I'll be fine with it.

The problem with the Bills is inconsistency. They've did several things well against the Pats and Bucs, but did almost nothing well against the Saints. Not to mention all the starters that are out due to injuries. We've lost both of our starting offensive tackles, our starting MLB, both starting safeties and our starting CB. So, as the media outlets are pointing out, this is about as good of a start as Henne can hope for.
        "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
        - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• yordad
          • Dec 2007

I remember when WC offense meant West Coast. The Bills have been dinking and dunking with the best of them for the most part.

The Bills are all banged up on D, and the offensive line is probably the most inexperience group to ever start, . Trent doesn't like throwing over 10 yards, and I sense a TO meltdown.

Not to mention, they can't score against a 3-4 defense.

"Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• like2god
            • Jul 2006

So injuries and inexperience are the main factors? That's rough, trust me, we've been there and might currently be there right alongside you. 3 of our starting 5 along the OL are injury prone, I don't have much confidence in them holding up all season. We have a rookie getting his first start, rookies in the secondary and for whatever reason we have Gibril Wilson at FS. He's neither a ball hawk nor a good tackler thus far.

I was shocked to see the Bills gut their OL, I figured they had folks ready to bring in and fill those roles, from the sound of it they haven't done it. I know a few of our draft guru's were pretty high on Levitre and Wood, have they shown any promise?

Comment

• DolphinFanInPeace
              • Sep 2007

Here's to a good game..

I think people are looking at this game as a sleeper, but it could be a good hard fought game. People are picking the Bills slightly over the Dolphins, and I hope they are wrong. Dolphins need a wiN!
              Biggest Dolphin Fan in Indianapolis.

Comment

• yordad
                • Dec 2007

So injuries and inexperience are the main factors? That's rough, trust me, we've been there and might currently be there right alongside you. 3 of our starting 5 along the OL are injury prone, I don't have much confidence in them holding up all season. We have a rookie getting his first start, rookies in the secondary and for whatever reason we have Gibril Wilson at FS. He's neither a ball hawk nor a good tackler thus far.

I was shocked to see the Bills gut their OL, I figured they had folks ready to bring in and fill those roles, from the sound of it they haven't done it. I know a few of our draft guru's were pretty high on Levitre and Wood, have they shown any promise?
                Oh yes, they show good promise. Their inexperience shows right now, but it looks like the Bills have the makings of one of the better lines in the league. It is just going to take about another year. I didn't mind the youth movement, but it is going to have its growing pains. The injuries haven't helped either. On the bright side D. Bell, the Bills new prodigy LT, is likely to only miss a game or two. His future is bright, and although he is raw, I really believe he is seriously one of the most athletic LTs in the game.

Wood has missed some assignment, but he is a straight up brute, and mobile too. Levitre could use a year with NFL strength and conditioning coaches, but he can get to the second level really well too. Then the Bills have a guy named Jonathan Scott who is pretty athletic, and with some more experience, he can be a solid, athletic, mobile RT. They got him penciled in for the left side in this upcoming game because of Bell's groin.

They also got one of the higher rated tackles in this past draft, the versatile but raw James Meredith.

Also, Hangartner the center, seems to be a big improvement over last years clowns.

Next year this crew will be knocking heads around, but right now they have moments where it looks like their own heads are spinning.

TO or no TO, with more experience gained by that O-line, this team can only go up.
                Last edited by yordad; 10-02-2009, 02:22 PM.
                "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• shelby
                  The Vanilla *****
                  • Jul 2002

Hey l2g, good to see you posting. Good luck this weekend. i'll drink a cold beverage in your honor.

Comment

• !Papacrunk!
                    • Mar 2004

good luck, but we need the win, lol

Comment

• bigbry
                      • Aug 2002

How did you know?

Comment

• New Ro's Greatest
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by !Papacrunk!
                        good luck, but we need the win, lol
                        Ditto lol! GO BILLS

Comment

• Luisito23
                          Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                          • Apr 2003

Luck or no luck, there's NO way we lose this game, and matter of fact I doubt it's even close!
                          "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                          ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                          ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                          ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• bigbry
                            • Aug 2002

Originally posted by Luisito23
                            Luck or no luck, there's NO way we lose this game, and matter of fact I doubt it's even close!

Correct there.

Comment

Working...
                            X