• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dr. Lecter
    Zero for Zero!
    • Mar 2003

Sabres have annoyed season ticket holders

As a Sabres season ticket holder, one receives a "rebate" from the team. This has been happening as long as I have seasons (this is year 4). The rebate is 2.5% of the value of your tickets. In the past, they had sent this rebate in the form of “Sabres bucks”, which were essentially paper money that could be used at any place at the arena (concessions, Sabers store, ticket office, even the small vendors).

This year, they changed to a giving out gift cards to the ticket holders. This was actually not bad I thought, because I was able to go online and order a second card so Chern with can have one and it also acts as the identifier of a ticket owner so that he can use it in the store where we get a 10% on items.

I received our card yesterday. In the letter, not only do they tell us that these cards can only be used at certain concessions because they don’t all have card reading capabilities, but on top of it there will be a 20 cent surcharge/fee on each transaction. So if I buy a $5 order of nachos Saturday, it will actually cost $5.20. If I buy a $6 beer later on, it will cost $6.20 and so on.

I have always said the Sabres customer service is outstanding and they treat their season ticket holders well. And the fact that they give the rebate is pretty cool. But a change like this sucks. Big time. The service charge came out of nowhere and makes the cards not worth as much, unless you use it all at one or two times. It also sounds like you can’t use the tail end of the card as all orders that are more than the amount remaining are denied, instead of using the remaining money and you having to pay the rest.

Time to call and *****.

Op, can you help me with this?
    Originally posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

Re: Sabres have annoyed season ticket holders

So you are pissed about 20 cents?

Comment

• RockStar36
      Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
      So you are pissed about 20 cents?
      I guess Lecter and Patrick Kane have something in common.

D & S Sports

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
        Zero for Zero!
        • Mar 2003

I am pissed that they made the change with no warning and that it is 20 cents per transaction when my starting balance is less than $60.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
          Zero for Zero!
          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by RockStar36
          I guess Lecter and Patrick Kane have something in common.
          Yes, and you will have to play the role of cabbie.........

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
            • Jan 2003

Well, if I wanted to buy a jersey and use the card, how the hell would I do that?

This reeks of a small money grab. I bet they allow you to put money on the card too, so that they can keep getting the $.20.

This means they save $2,800 on roughly 14,000 season tickets if they use it only once.

I have to read that letter carefully when I get home.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
              Zero for Zero!
              • Mar 2003

You can add money to the card, so you can add X dollars to the card so there is enough on it to buy the jersey.
              Last edited by Dr. Lecter; 10-02-2009, 10:05 AM.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                • Jul 2002

60 bucks? That would be virtually gone with 1 or 2 Beer/food round purchases. 40 cents boys chill out.

Comment

• JD
                  Sabres Zone
                  • Sep 2003

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                  60 bucks? That would be virtually gone with 1 or 2 Beer/food round purchases. 40 cents boys chill out.
                  What? It's not a yankees game lmao
                  “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• rbochan
                    Zamboni Driver
                    • Jun 2008

If you have five dollars and Mike Grier has five dollars, Mike Grier has more money than you.
                    ...Rob

The American Dream isn't an SUV and a house in the suburbs;
                    it's Don't Tread On Me.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                      Give me a minute...
                      • Jul 2002

Larry Quinn strikes again.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                        As a Sabres season ticket holder, one receives a "rebate" from the team. This has been happening as long as I have seasons (this is year 4). The rebate is 2.5% of the value of your tickets. In the past, they had sent this rebate in the form of “Sabres bucks”, which were essentially paper money that could be used at any place at the arena (concessions, Sabers store, ticket office, even the small vendors).

This year, they changed to a giving out gift cards to the ticket holders. This was actually not bad I thought, because I was able to go online and order a second card so Chern with can have one and it also acts as the identifier of a ticket owner so that he can use it in the store where we get a 10% on items.

I received our card yesterday. In the letter, not only do they tell us that these cards can only be used at certain concessions because they don’t all have card reading capabilities, but on top of it there will be a 20 cent surcharge/fee on each transaction. So if I buy a $5 order of nachos Saturday, it will actually cost $5.20. If I buy a $6 beer later on, it will cost $6.20 and so on.

I have always said the Sabres customer service is outstanding and they treat their season ticket holders well. And the fact that they give the rebate is pretty cool. But a change like this sucks. Big time. The service charge came out of nowhere and makes the cards not worth as much, unless you use it all at one or two times. It also sounds like you can’t use the tail end of the card as all orders that are more than the amount remaining are denied, instead of using the remaining money and you having to pay the rest.

Time to call and *****.

Find the customer complaint phone number email and websites.

Put it on Buffalo area Craiglist, Facebook, Myspace, Twitter and anywhere else you can think of- Sabres or general Buffalo message boards are good places as well. Post exactly what your complaint is as an example, and contact the Sabres and post their response (if you get one). If they get enough complaints, they may do something about it.

I'd also suggest a Letter to the Editor at the Buffalo News and contacting local media- it may or may not get their attention, but if it's a slow news day, you never know.
                        Last edited by OpIv37; 10-02-2009, 08:05 PM.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• LtFinFan66
                          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter

Time to call and *****.

definitely see your point. just ignore Thurm like everyone else

Comment

• Meathead
                            Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths
                            This reeks of a small money grab.
                            thats exactly what it is, all the way around, and ur best bet is to just say that flat out

so they want to change how the rebate happens, fine. but theyve shifted all their costs of that program to you in the process

unacceptable and surprisingly non-transparent

just call them on, whats the term hijinx. no thats not it. umm, well you know, farfegnugen or something. oh wait its shenanigans i call shenanigans
                            One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• SabreEleven
                              • Aug 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                              Find the customer complaint phone number email and websites.

Put it on Buffalo area Craiglist, Facebook, Myspace, Twitter and anywhere else you can think of- Sabres or general Buffalo message boards are good places as well. Post exactly what your complaint is as an example, and contact the Sabres and post their response (if you get one). If they get enough complaints, they may do something about it.

I'd also suggest a Letter to the Editor at the Buffalo News and contacting local media- it may or may not get their attention, but if it's a slow news day, you never know.
                              Lecter has called in a professional. Op should start his own business.

Comment

Working...
                              X