Payton: "I think we could've played eight quarters and Buffalo wouldn't have scored"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mudflap1
    Next Question!
    • Nov 2004

Payton: "I think we could've played eight quarters and Buffalo wouldn't have scored"

• psubills62
    Legendary Zoner
    • Sep 2008

Re: Payton: "I think we could've played eight quarters and Buffalo wouldn't have scored"

Well, we'll have to see when Buffalo meets them in the Super Bowl then
    "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
    - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• trapezeus
      Legendary Zoner
      • Oct 2004

Re: Payton: "I think we could've played eight quarters and Buffalo wouldn't have scored"

ouch....there was a time i would get mad at that and say, "Payton is a punk. he better shut his mouth" blah blah blah.

Now the team has conditioned me to realise, he's right. They just under perform at such magnificent levels once that 3-4 defense is out there. I've never seen a pro team get confused for so long against a very basic defensive theory. is there a legitimit excuse for this...no. There is not.

Comment

• NorthCarBills
        • Jan 2006

Originally posted by trapezeus
        ouch....there was a time i would get mad at that and say, "Payton is a punk. he better shut his mouth" blah blah blah.

Now the team has conditioned me to realise, he's right. They just under perform at such magnificent levels once that 3-4 defense is out there. I've never seen a pro team get confused for so long against a very basic defensive theory. is there a legitimit excuse for this...no. There is not.
        Feel the same way. and have also undergone Dick's (and the front office's) world class "un"conditioning program for long time fans.

My initial reaction to a comment like this these days is "he's probably right."

Comment

• ddaryl
          Everything I post is sexual inuendo
          • Jan 2005

no excuse, but a legitimate reason.. A team that can't dissect th emost popular D set in the league comes back to coaching.....

but we all know this now

however maybe the Bills can use this as motivation to move forward
          Last edited by ddaryl; 10-02-2009, 12:37 PM.

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

wish both AVP and Trent reads this . They just got *****SLAPPED by Payton publicly.
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• trapezeus
              Legendary Zoner
              • Oct 2004

Originally posted by justasportsfan
              wish both AVP and Trent reads this . They just got *****SLAPPED by Payton publicly.
              serioiusly...payton doesn't strike me as the guy to talk smack....this is just his feeling. I realize he said it to be nice to Gregg Williams the new guy....but how many coaches put bulletin board material up?

Granted we won't face these guys for another 4 years and by that time, we'll be asking for our next crap coach to exit.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                Pinkerton's son
                • Feb 2006

i know it wasnt on offense, but uhh...we did score

Comment

• Mahdi
                  • Mar 2004

The article says they played 25 snaps with 3 down linemen and 2 LBs and 6 DBs... so why didn't Fred Jackson have 25 carries for 150 yards? Trent should have audibled to runs more. Especially in such a close game.
                  Last edited by Mahdi; 10-02-2009, 01:58 PM.

Comment

• Devin
                    The Octagon
                    • Apr 2003

Hes 1000% correct. We were outplayed and outcoached every phase of the game except for 1 trick play on ST.
                    http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• bigbub2352
                      • Feb 2005

easy sum it up to BAD COACHING
                      XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• Novacane
                        • Jul 2002

Can't be mad at the guy. He basically said our coaching and our QB suck and he's right on both.

Comment

• yordad
                          • Dec 2007

We can't score vs a 3-4. Sad but true.
                          "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Mahdi
                            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by yordad
                            We can't score vs a 3-4. Sad but true.
                            You need to make throws in coverage to beat the 3-4. Trent doesn't do coverage.

Comment

• yordad
                              • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Mahdi
                              You need to make throws in coverage to beat the 3-4. Trent doesn't do coverage.
                              And, he doesn't hit the underneath routes with the player on the run very often either.
                              "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

Working...
                              X