PDA

View Full Version : I'm ready for Gruden

Mr. Miyagi
10-02-2009, 12:19 PM
Bring him in already. Christ. I'm sick and tired of Juaron's lack of passion for anything and his country club lay back demeanor. And I say this even if we win all our remaining games and make the playoffs at 14-2.

I'm done with this assclown.

trapezeus
10-02-2009, 12:21 PM
because at 14-2, you know he'll lose the first game of the playoffs.

Mr. Miyagi
10-02-2009, 12:25 PM
Even if we win the SuperBowl you bet your ass it is DESPITE Jauron's terrible coaching. I want him gone next season.

trapezeus
10-02-2009, 12:45 PM
well, superbowl win, he can stay. i just want to see the bills win one superbowl in our lifetimes. then we can do whatever. then 10 years of sucking won't bother me at all.

don137
10-02-2009, 12:54 PM
Yea, I can see Washington firing Zorn in mid-season and hiring Gruden before the Bills even have a chance to bring him in for a visit....I am afraid the Bills brass will screw it up again when they replace Jauron. Wade was decent but after that Williams, Mularkey and Jauron have been downright awful.

SquishDaFish
10-02-2009, 01:02 PM
:clap:

Prov401
10-02-2009, 01:03 PM
No top tier coach is going to want to go to a team in disarray during the season. The reason why the head coach is fired, is usually because the team is underachieving and will not make the playoffs. No head coach wants to inherit another's mess. He wants to come in with a fat new contract, choose the coaches that he wants, and draft the guys that he wants. Cowher, Billick, Shanahan, Shcotenheimer, Gruden, Dungy, Holmgren, or who-ever else will not be coaching a team this year. That's why interim head coaches get the call to finish out the season.

ddaryl
10-02-2009, 01:18 PM
Like I said in a other Gruden thread

I'd be happy to replace Jauwrong with a cardboard cutout of Gruden

Yasgur's Farm
10-02-2009, 01:57 PM
Dick "Tucker" Jauron must be eradicated!!

paladin warrior
10-02-2009, 02:49 PM
Yea, I can see Washington firing Zorn in mid-season and hiring Gruden before the Bills even have a chance to bring him in for a visit....I am afraid the Bills brass will screw it up again when they replace Jauron. Wade was decent but after that Williams, Mularkey and Jauron have been downright awful. That true.. Hurry up u f**K it Ralap!!!. Fire Dick J Right Now.... Before it too late..

yordad
10-02-2009, 03:02 PM
We do need a head coach who can also relinquish Russ of his GM duties.

RockStar36
10-02-2009, 03:06 PM
Yea, I can see Washington firing Zorn in mid-season and hiring Gruden before the Bills even have a chance to bring him in for a visit....I am afraid the Bills brass will screw it up again when they replace Jauron. Wade was decent but after that Williams, Mularkey and Jauron have been downright awful.

I disagree with this for one reason only.

If Washington does fire Zorn (whenever they do), you can bet that Snyder will go after the most high profile coaching candidate that is currently available.

Bill Cowher.

shelby
10-02-2009, 03:09 PM
What's funny is once Gruden was fired, it became clear that the majority of the Bucs players couldn't stand the guy.

RockStar36
10-02-2009, 03:11 PM
I like Gruden at initial thought, but I wonder how good of a coach he really is.

Let's see, he took Dungy's team and took them to the SB and basically won because the Raiders were so friggin stupid that they ran the same plays, formations, audibles, and all that other crap.

Afterwards, Gruden consistently had 8 million QB's on the roster, a ridiculous playbook, and a not so great offense.

Hey, I like the guy, but let's think this through a little bit.

cocamide
10-02-2009, 03:49 PM
I've said from the beginning that out of Schottenheimer, Billick, Cowher, Shanahan, and Gruden, I want Gruden the least. He didn't do a single thing with the Bucs after winning the SB with Dungy's team. Just like Rockstar says, we'll have a QB controversy every single year if Gruden is our HC.

BillsWin
10-02-2009, 04:05 PM
Billick is probably the best bet, although Gruden was drooling all over the Bills against the Pats.

How about Marty ball's son?

Mudflap1
10-02-2009, 05:40 PM
Billick is probably the best bet, although Gruden was drooling all over the Bills against the Pats.

How about Marty ball's son?

You're right that he is going to be the next flavor of the month. I think there are enough seasoned guys out there that have winning backgrounds that I'd play it safe. It's all predicated on bringing in a real front office though, too.

Meathead
10-02-2009, 07:12 PM
No top tier coach is going to want to go to a team in disarray during the season. The reason why the head coach is fired, is usually because the team is underachieving and will not make the playoffs. No head coach wants to inherit another's mess. He wants to come in with a fat new contract, choose the coaches that he wants, and draft the guys that he wants. Cowher, Billick, Shanahan, Shcotenheimer, Gruden, Dungy, Holmgren, or who-ever else will not be coaching a team this year. That's why interim head coaches get the call to finish out the season.
which is exactly why ralph should hire one of the offensive gurus with hc exp as a consultant. its the perfect solution

- offense would def improve with attention froma grey hair o whiz tutoring avp
- pressure racheted up, clear message to everybody
- consultant can easily transition to hc after season if current hc fired
- consultant can leave for another hc job if hc here stays

DraftBoy
10-02-2009, 07:22 PM
Gruden wants the Notre Dame job, I see no reason why he would not wait to see what happens there first.

BertSquirtgum
10-03-2009, 12:03 AM
i'm ready for a complete house cleaning. this team blows, from top to bottom.

PECKERWOOD
10-03-2009, 12:19 AM
i'm ready for a complete house cleaning. this team blows, from top to bottom.

We just need a coach who makes good calls on game day, the talent is there already for the most part.

BertSquirtgum
10-03-2009, 01:19 AM
about 70% of the guys on this team should be here. the rest shouldn't be on an nfl squad.

DrGraves
10-03-2009, 01:21 AM
**** jaroun.... people paint ****kk's on mckelvins yard??? what about jaurons? lol

Yasgur's Farm
10-03-2009, 07:17 AM
Nobody painted KKK on McKelvin's lawn... Ironically... They painted a dick.

The Juice Is Loose
10-03-2009, 12:18 PM
I like Gruden at initial thought, but I wonder how good of a coach he really is.

Let's see, he took Dungy's team and took them to the SB and basically won because the Raiders were so friggin stupid that they ran the same plays, formations, audibles, and all that other crap.

Afterwards, Gruden consistently had 8 million QB's on the roster, a ridiculous playbook, and a not so great offense.

Hey, I like the guy, but let's think this through a little bit.

what is the point in us thinking about it? we have nothing to do with the choice.

the only hands down proven winner that i'd want would be cowher, but i really really hated him when he was in pittsburgh, plus i don't think he'd come here.

honestly i wouldn't want holmgren, he'll just quit again in a couple years when things don't click right away. either that or have a heart attack. he's pretty old/fat.

i don't want brian billick. he was an offensive "guru" who NEVER EVER got any sign of offense going in baltimore, ever. he had this great defense but how much did he even have to do with it? he got fired and the next season his team was better. with a rookie qb. whats the deal with that?

i dont want romeo crennel, i don't think i even want shanahan. the last time he won was in 98 with john elway. since then he's teams have all been flawed and got reemed in the playoffs regularly. even with top notch talent like champ bailey and jay cutler.

who is there really? the only thing that's going to happen is some offensive coordinator is going to have a good season and he's gonna be the one we sign. some young dude we've never heard of and you'll all be upset still.

but still, i don't really like any of the candidates. the truth is i think most head coaches are idiots. :brilliant:

Luisito23
10-03-2009, 08:06 PM
Gruden is more of a name than a coach, if it wasn't for Dungy he'll be nothing right now...MARTY BALL ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!

PECKERWOOD
10-03-2009, 10:40 PM
I don't want a high profile head coach who has already had tons of success with another franchise, people who have been there and done that are not as hungry as a first timer.

Albany,n.y.
10-04-2009, 08:52 AM
Rooney Rule-No big name coaches in mid-season.

Nighthawk
10-04-2009, 09:54 AM
Bring him in already. Christ. I'm sick and tired of Juaron's lack of passion for anything and his country club lay back demeanor. And I say this even if we win all our remaining games and make the playoffs at 14-2.

I'm done with this assclown.

Couldn't agree more...

Nighthawk
10-04-2009, 09:57 AM
Gruden is more of a name than a coach, if it wasn't for Dungy he'll be nothing right now...MARTY BALL ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!

I wouldn't say that, you can't forget how good his Oakland teams were before he left. His ex-team ended playing him in the SB the next season, so even if you took away the TB SB team because you feel Dungy built it, then you would have to give him credit for Oakland's team because he built it and then left and they got to the SB the year after he left.

Typ0
10-04-2009, 12:00 PM
2 more years of DJ.

BertSquirtgum
10-04-2009, 12:12 PM
two more years of punching myself in the face

Typ0
10-04-2009, 12:13 PM
yep